IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

I wonder if there has been greater variation in the number of games played at the (roughly) halfway point of a PL season than right now: a difference of 6 between Burnley on 17 and Chelsea on 23.

What on earth are Everton fans protesting about? 'Sack the Board' - Why? They did a walkout at the Derby because they haven't won a trophy for years well thats just tough shit lads, you can't guarantee trophies!

34 minutes ago, hmm said:

I wonder if there has been greater variation in the number of games played at the (roughly) halfway point of a PL season than right now: a difference of 6 between Burnley on 17 and Chelsea on 23.

One of the TFS stat bods was suggesting a season in the 60s had more variance (seven games difference) Probably during a particularly cold winter.

Turf Moor didn’t have undersoil heating then either.

Not really sure I understand the reasoning behind a blanket rule that the pitch must be evacuated the moment that a drone appears. Perhaps we need AA installations on stadiums if they're that much of a threat.

58 minutes ago, hmm said:

Not really sure I understand the reasoning behind a blanket rule that the pitch must be evacuated the moment that a drone appears. Perhaps we need AA installations on stadiums if they're that much of a threat.

Just deploy Fred, tell him to practice his shooting.  No drone would survive ten minutes of that, no matter how high it was flying.

St Johnstone having one of the more spectacular slump seasons I've seen. Last season they won both cups and finished comfortably in the top half. In the summer they managed a creditable draw away to Galatasary in Europe and weren't a million miles away from making the group stage of the Europa Conference.

This season, bottom of the premiership, can't score, and they were just knocked out the cup by Kelty Hearts of League 2 who are basically a village team. Their tenth (10th) consecutive defeat.

Astounding stuff.

2 hours ago, hmm said:

Security, transmitting pictures etc?   Imagine if it had been carrying explosive and either hit a player or the crowd?

12 minutes ago, deerokus said:

St Johnstone having one of the more spectacular slump seasons I've seen. Last season they won both cups and finished comfortably in the top half. In the summer they managed a creditable draw away to Galatasary in Europe and weren't a million miles away from making the group stage of the Europa Conference.

This season, bottom of the premiership, can't score, and they were just knocked out the cup by Kelty Hearts of League 2 who are basically a village team.

Astounding stuff.

At least it’s not boring!

13 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Security, transmitting pictures etc?   Imagine if it had been carrying explosive and either hit a player or the crowd?

They don't evacuate the crowd, and I'd hardly think taking some pictures of a football match recorded and broadcast around the world poses a security risk to the players.

7 hours ago, hmm said:

If you look at the actual football played this becomes Burnley on 4 and Chelsea on 23.

6 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I can't believe Burnley have had 60 years to sort undersoil heating and still haven't bothered. Such a lazy club.

When the ball is in the air so much why heat the pitch?

Sorry Burnley you're an easy Target. Like Chris Wood.

7 hours ago, hmm said:

something to do with the plastic pitch at Kenilworth Road in 1988 afaik. 

The beauty of the internet is that not only do you not have to do the legwork yourself, you don't even have to find the person who did the legwork yourself.

(Have a pos!)

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

something to do with the plastic pitch at Kenilworth Road in 1988 afaik. 

Not sure how I heard the 80s or 40s as the 60s but I’m clearly an untrustworthy hack and should be avoided at all costs.

8 hours ago, glb said:

Not sure how I heard the 80s or 40s as the 60s but I’m clearly an untrustworthy hack and should be avoided at all costs.

Congratulations on being hired by Sky Sports.