IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

4 hours ago, Scruff said:

Leeds are the team I most feel sorry for in all this. They're one step away from having the mascots turn out in white but are still getting on with it and Arsenal are crying because they're lost 4 players to a competition they knew they were going to be leaving for when they signed them. The PL have completely undermined themselves by allowing this to be called off and giving license for other teams to try and game it and why shouldn't they?

Absolutely shocking from the 'best league in the world'.

Whilst I agree, and still hold a grudge against the PL for forcing Spurs to play with ten players who were sick in Lasagnegate, to the point where some of them were throwing up on the pitch, it does mean that three of Spurs’ first choice back four, and also Heung Min Son, will be available for the rearranged game, plus whichever upgrades Conte can force through this month, and another few weeks of his coaching. I do object to the ‘covid’ hashtag being used against the postponement, when only one of Arsenal’s players is missing through covid (as is one of Tottenham’s).

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Burnley have played five fewer games than Chelsea & Man City (the only teams to have played 22 games);

For clarity, one was snowed off (though we were accused of doing it because of injuries, of which we had... one).  Three were the opposition calling it off (Villa, Everton, Leicester). We played Man Utd with three out to Covid, Huddersfield with 14 fit players (the manager out as well) and requested postponement of todays game.

11 minutes ago, Plissken said:

For clarity, one was snowed off (though we were accused of doing it because of injuries, of which we had... one).  Three were the opposition calling it off (Villa, Everton, Leicester). We played Man Utd with three out to Covid, Huddersfield with 14 fit players (the manager out as well) and requested postponement of todays game.

Ah, I wasn't criticising Burnley at all, just highlighting that it is creating awful fixture lists for a fair few teams now, regardless of who requests the postponement.

Also, you guys really should get some undersoil heating to stop that happening again.

;)

6 hours ago, ckny said:

Derby are off the bottom of the table! Without the 21 points deduction they’d be 10th and in play off contention. Absolutely phenomenal really.

Semi serious question; but if/when Rafa gets sacked, how many people will be insisting Rooney gets the Everton job?  Would he leave Derby at this point because I can't see how Rooney looks like anything other than a total hero if he stays there until the end of the season.  His stock will be through the roof if he keeps them up, but even if they finish bottom he's gonna look good. 

Also: I've always rated Coutinho.  :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Benitez apparently sacked. Not a surprise. For everyones entertainment and interest, I'd like Ole hired. 

Can't work out the context of this photo, given they're 2 nil down:

It's a man knowing he's getting a nice payout in the morning.

15 hours ago, Scruff said:

Leeds are the team I most feel sorry for in all this. They're one step away from having the mascots turn out in white but are still getting on with it and Arsenal are crying because they're lost 4 players to a competition they knew they were going to be leaving for when they signed them. The PL have completely undermined themselves by allowing this to be called off and giving license for other teams to try and game it and why shouldn't they?

Absolutely shocking from the 'best league in the world'.

Arsenal have also sent players out on loan.  Seems a bit daft. 

17 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

That United goal was the best I ever saw. 

Amazing fun at Wolves today. Great atmosphere and two teams pushing for a result. 

Ward-Prouce’s goal was amazing, take a look if possible, it’s almost as good as Fernades’

It's an absolute monster.  :o

I was in the stand opposite, behind the other goal, so had a great view of the swerve.  One of the only times I remember applauding an opposition goal, the whole stadium did.

Chatting to Southampton fans on the train back to London and they were on the loo at the time :) (time of the goal, not when I was talking to them)

Yet we are still winning.👍

Seriously though the injury situation is getting beyond parody now and it could end up costing us dear if we can't get a handle on it over the next week or two!!!!

We have to loan a few at least, surely? I know we've a few coming back but if Forshaw is out the midfield looks threadbare - and our record without Phillips has always been horrible.

Please God we can survive the second half. The reverse fixture had a fit punch at the end.

35 minutes ago, kensei said:

Leeds have lost Firpo and Forshaw by the 25th minute, and have just brought on two U23s.

Is it possible to apply for a postponement mid game?

So how did this go ahead but Arsenal didn’t?  Just injuries as opposed to covid?