IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

The Liverpool thread is pretty hilarious. Everyone is against them. Even the commentator!

I imagine they'll all cancel their Sky subscriptions and burn their armchairs.

I daren't post in there. 

Happy new year. 

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, neoELITE said:

The Liverpool thread is pretty hilarious. Everyone is against them. Even the commentator!

I daren't post in there. 

Happy new year. 

Not really true though is it? Most of us are just saying Tyler is shite, which is he is.

3 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I daren't post in there. 

Happy new year. 

We are all happy for you to post there, as long as it’s not along the same shite as spouted by Tyler. Critical analysis of the match is fine, spouting absolute nonsense probably won’t be. 

8 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Yes. Liverpool famously don’t have any cheerleaders in the media.  

They’ve got plenty. Doesn’t detract from how shite a commentator Tyler is.

And I know there’s a mute button; if I wanted to watch football in silence I’d go to the Emirates.

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

I daren't post in there. 

Happy new year. 

Oh do go away you boring troll, you're so weirdly obsessed with Liverpool. Oddball.

The commentators were terrible today, you only have to watch all 4 goal back and see the difference between the two to see there is a bias there today. Neville was practically making orgasm noises down the mic.

Neville should not be commentating Liverpool or United games, and neither should Carragher. Martin Tyler is just a crusty old dinosaur who should have been replaced years ago. I don't mind Neville in his after match analysis, it's usually decent, but his commentary is pathetic.

Yes, those of us who are watching from home (like thats wrong 🤷‍♂️) would prefer them to be more level in their commentary.

Amazon have the right mix of commentators.

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

Yes. Liverpool famously don’t have any cheerleaders in the media.  

And you'll find we don't like them commentating on our games either. McManaman, Owen, Carra....can't stand any of them on commentary.

23 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Oh do go away you boring troll, you're so weirdly obsessed with Liverpool. Oddball.

Remember his post about getting a draw in 2013 or something? :lol:  

35 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Martin Tyler is just a crusty old dinosaur who should have been replaced years ago.

It's sad to think that one of hte last actions in Sergio Aguero's career was having Tyler hand him his notes from the match where he won the title for City and trying to take some credit for it :lol: 

Amazon are the only ones who get the coverage right. Apart from the European Goals Show BT Sport is terrible for former players commentating on their old teams and Sky’s awfulness has already been listed. It makes me wish it was still easy to find an NBCSN stream which was always better despite employing Lee Dixon on most games.

8 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Most networks get the coverage dead right, given that there's a mute button. They're not going to tell you anything your eyes can't.

If there was an option for just crowd noise I'd take it but sitting watching football in silence is weird.

Okay ‘Muk, we’ve come into some money selling NFTs of Angel’s old posts in the pictures that make you laugh thread, and bought global streaming rights for the premier league.

Who are we hiring for studio coverage, pundits and on commentary teams (besides Ally McCoist who gets hired to do whatever he wants)?

AC Jimbo is a great shout. It’s a joy having him do the Totally Football Show, but he deserves a bigger audience.

Think studio pundits are the hardest to get right. Wouldn’t mind a mix of ex-pros with some of the stats hounds like Michael Cox offering input.

AC Jimbo - Host

Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher + some journos - studio pundits

Arlo White - Main commentator

Lee Dixon - Co commentator

That's probably the best available from what's currently on the air. I don't get the McCoist appeal. 

39 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Once again I am confused by the love for McCoist. 

He doesn't really offer any great insight, but he really appears to genuinely enjoy what he's watching and is excited by it. That's good to hear. 

For me, McCoist just sounds like he’s enjoying himself. He’s not particularly hyperbolic, just a sound fella having a nice time watching the football. Admittedly that isn’t for everyone, and in terms of insight he’s not the best.

Edit: what @minstrels said!

Lee Dixon is a good co-comms, not too flashy but offers enough insight to be an interesting listen.

Pat Nevin is good on podcasts, shame he’s rarely on TV (think he sometimes does Chelsea coverage for their official channel?)

1 hour ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Most networks get the coverage dead right, given that there's a mute button. They're not going to tell you anything your eyes can't.

I need comms. I wish they had a pure audio description version.

33 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

AC Jimbo - Host

That's probably the best available from what's currently on the air. I don't get the McCoist appeal. 

I'd replace Lee Dixon with Emma Hayes. Genuinely impressive and insightful. 

41 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

AC Jimbo - Host

LEE FUCKING DIXON!?!?!?

1 hour ago, JamesTW said:

Remember his post about getting a draw in 2013 or something? :lol:  

I'll take that as we were League 2 at the time :hat:

I've probably seen Liverpool in the flesh more than most Liverpool fans.

Townsend got loads of shit over the years, but he's a pundit I always enjoy listening to. He's got a really uncanny ability of gauging the swing of a game and being pretty spot on with what he thinks will likely happen in the next 10 minutes. He got dragged down by the generally appalling standard of ITV's coverage.

On the other hand if Karen Carney comes on the radio I'm often tempted to open the car door and just abandon the vehicle, whether it's stationary or otherwise. She seems like a nice person, but is an expert at just stating the bloody obvious during long, meandering monologues that sort of just peter out. 

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Amazon are the only ones who get the coverage right. Apart from the European Goals Show BT Sport is terrible for former players commentating on their old teams and Sky’s awfulness has already been listed. It makes me wish it was still easy to find an NBCSN stream which was always better despite employing Lee Dixon on most games.

And it was actually Arlo and Lee on the Chelsea game, his immediate reaction to the Mane first 10 second elbow was "If that happens in the middle of the 2nd half he's off".

He's probably right.