IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Wow.

Let's play the same game with Chelsea Liverpool. There's a Chelsea - Arsenal league game in August 2018 that will do.

4 the same.   Alonso, Azpilicueta, Kante and Rudiger.

Kepa and Jorginho started then but are on the bench today. Kovacic, who was on the bench then starts today.

2 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Rafa can't last much longer surely? This Everton team look like a below average one at the moment. 

Hopefully they give him plenty of time to turn things around…

24 minutes ago, Plissken said:

If ever you wanted to know why we are going down, the Clarets starting lineup features only one player who didn't play against Aberdeen - in August 2018, or SIX transfer windows ago.  And that's the goalie, who is only in because Nick Pope is in COVID isolation.

The last first team outfield player we sold was Andre Gray. In August 2017.   The previous Board have comprehensively shat on their legacy.

Was Cornet not fit enough to start?

1 minute ago, Mike1812 said:

Was Cornet not fit enough to start?

No.  Been out with a thigh injury and then Covid.  FWIW, our full strength first choice team has nine players from the Aberdeen games.  (Only Cornet and Josh Brownhill have been added as first team starters since then.)

18 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Rafa can't last much longer surely? This Everton team look like a below average one at the moment. 

Their squad is a completely mismanaged mess though, they need a lot more than a new manager.

27 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Most teams do actually give a manager more than 6 months.

Unlike yours.

And mine.

Also Watford.

27 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Someone is going to press the Big Sam klaxon this season but I expect his appointment would be just as unpopular with Everton fans as Rafa if it happens. Ranieri might be available soon as well. 

I'm too high for that match right now. Listening on the radio always makes matches seem ten times more tense.

Massive relief obviously, but we still seem to struggle to put two halves together. Need to string some wins together. Llorente suspended which does not help.

Can we stop playing Roberts ahead of Gelhardt? Joe looks such a better prospect.

17 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Their squad is a completely mismanaged mess though, they need a lot more than a new manager.

I agree - but he's been on rocky ground since before they appointed him. I expect the atmosphere would improve quite a bit if they just got rid of him. 

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If there is one rule in football, it's that the guy who should have been off WILL score.

Can’t believe these England captain’s getting away with this stuff.

34 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

What the fuck is this:

He’s been out injured for nearly a year, makes a miraculous recovery just in time for AFCON but in his ten minutes of football for his club he does this.  I’ll always be grateful to Trez for basically keeping us up in 2019/20, but he is kinda crap at football.