IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

3 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I thought Arsenal should have had a penalty in the first half so of course City were going to get one in the second. 

1 minute ago, layten said:

Poor Arsenal, never get the decisions when they play the big clubs. :( 

He dived at end but grabbing his shirt like that's a foul. City could've had a penalty in the first half too for a player holding onto Jesus.

Got to feel for Arsenal. I thought they were terrific and did incredibly well when down to 10 men. Definitely seem like a team that are on the rise. Martinelli puts that chance away and you'd imagine they'd end up with at least a draw. 

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

We don't even have four central defenders and no recognised front line :D  

What a luxury that would be.

Yeah and the problem there is you'll get matches suspended until you're perfect again whereas for the other clubs the FA goes "Goalkeeper up front? Sounds like a fit player to us! Game on!".

Stop pretending. Hand City the title now and cancel the rest of the season. Only come back when the pandemic is over. I mean they aren't even hiding it now who the league want to win the title ;) 

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah and the problem there is you'll get matches suspended until you're perfect again

We're West Ham, not Tottenham Hotspur. We've only had one game called off so far and had to play 3 games in 6 days over Christmas so no easy routes for us.

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

Yet another Rodri foul, ref still doesn't book him but books Saka for moaning. You can see why the crowd are getting increasingly agitated. 

I'll just copy and paste what I wrote elsewhere.

I don't think Guardiola has had near enough credit for the amount of beautifully cynical shithousery he has brought to the Premier League.

There was a moment in the game against Brentford which demonstrated just how well drilled and practiced they are. There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes and a Man City midfielder bringing an opposition player down the moment they try to cross the halfway line.

Where Ashley Barnes would have tackled him like a bulldozer, and Sergio Ramos chainsawed his opponents leg off before protesting his innocence and pointing to the badge on his shirt, slow motion replays showed that Fernandinho simply reached in and carefully, elegantly and very deliberately trod right on the top of his opponents standing foot. As the player trotted away with a rueful smirk and the referee gave him that "Oh well, what are you like?" grin, a thousand bloggers beards were slowly stroked in appreciation.

19 minutes ago, Scruff said:

We're West Ham, not Tottenham Hotspur. We've only had one game called off so far and had to play 3 games in 6 days over Christmas so no easy routes for us.

Maybe stop pissing and whining when you can put a team out as per the rules when others can’t as per the rules!?

12 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Maybe stop pissing and whining when you can put a team out as per the rules when others can’t as per the rules!?

Because that is exactly what Spurs did 🤔

Funny how you had all of those players out with covid but after a nice break for the new boss to look at the players they came back and every one of them looked completely fine in the QF. Must be some serious magic sponge the medics have down the Lane.

26 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Because that is exactly what Spurs did 🤔

Funny how you had all of those players out with covid but after a nice break for the new boss to look at the players they came back and every one of them looked completely fine in the QF. Must be some serious magic sponge the medics have down the Lane.

Back to small club suspicion after a brief flier with the upper echelons of the big league ehh?

If you had any clue you would of course know that most of the games we missed were for the other team having Covid or not having under floor heating - the original, weeks ago, game we had Covid outbreak for closed our entire training ground alongside the first team.

I guess being out of London has its benefits for you with the lower rates of infection, albeit we seem to obv have the Spider-Man variant what with all the extra running and scoring we have done after the cases….:sherlock:

38 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Back to small club suspicion after a brief flier with the upper echelons of the big league ehh?

If you had any clue you would of course know that most of the games we missed were for the other team having Covid or not having under floor heating - the original, weeks ago, game we had Covid outbreak for closed our entire training ground alongside the first team.

I guess being out of London has its benefits for you with the lower rates of infection, albeit we seem to obv have the Spider-Man variant what with all the extra running and scoring we have done after the cases….:sherlock:

West Ham have won The World Cup more recently than Spurs won the league.

Small club?

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

I know it's gone our way and I know technically it's handball but fuck me that is harsh on Milivojevic. Sorry @skadupuk

Nah, was definitely a penalty, what the hell he was thinking with controlling it with his hand I don't know.

Palace were their own worst enemy in that game, great finish by Lanzini but he only got the opportunity due to piss poor defensive work (started by Milivojevic losing the ball, he's a shadow of his former self), our lacking in taking our chances has been a theme all season. 

The biggest complaint we have with that ref, is why that wasn't a backpass at the end.

7 hours ago, neoELITE said:

West Ham have won The World Cup more recently than Spurs won the league

West Ham United are a club team, whereas the World Cup is exclusively for international sides. Therefore, they have not even competed, never mind won the competition.

An unrelated team, Upton Park, did win gold in football at the Paris Olympics in 1900 but that massively predates both of Spurs' title wins, so you can't possibly have made that error either.

If ever you wanted to know why we are going down, the Clarets starting lineup features only one player who didn't play against Aberdeen - in August 2018, or SIX transfer windows ago.  And that's the goalie, who is only in because Nick Pope is in COVID isolation.

The last first team outfield player we sold was Andre Gray. In August 2017.   The previous Board have comprehensively shat on their legacy.