IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

We've looked the better side there for me. Chelsea obviously have more quality but we're outworking them and look far more dangerous. We're getting in behind a lot and but for for our decisions and Chelsea managing to get blocks in on recovery we'd have worked the keeper more.

21 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Bar Coufal (who has yet to replicate his form from last season) our first choice defence is out. Fornals has been bad since his nipper was born and (bar his goal today) Antonio has been utter drivel for 6 weeks or so. Moyes has to own wanting a small squad as this is what happens you have do, and get lots of injuries but he'll still be here and I hope he is. One thing is the reffing decisions against us have been woeful. How that was a pen today, how the Arsenal one was a pen and how we didn't get one against Burnley, plus the kick in the bollocks Coufal got against Man U that went unpunished, the stamp on the face Soucek got against Everton, the elbow to the throat Formals got against Villa (all unpunished) and more.

Not panicking (I hope Masuaku doesn't pull on the shirt again tho) but we do need to spend some money in Jan, which I'm not expecting us to do.

I do hope West Ham find their early-season form again, it’s always refreshing having a different club to the recent norm in the top four.

A few months without European games should ease the strain on the squad at least.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We've looked the better side there for me. Chelsea obviously have more quality but we're outworking them and look far more dangerous. We're getting in behind a lot and but for for our decisions and Chelsea managing to get blocks in on recovery we'd have worked the keeper more.

Yep, and you've clearly forced a half time sub Chelsea were hoping not to make.

Villa vs Leeds is off too.  

Didn’t see the Chelsea game (overly tired/not sleepy four year olds are a joy to spend your evenings with) but the reactions from Villa twitter are all over the place.  It seems to me that most of the anger comes from the ‘it’s the hope that kills ya’ crowd, Villa could and should have got something from the game but Chelsea just have insane depth and can change a game by bringing on one of the best strikers in the world and we can’t.  That’s just life in the Premier League, but given that we’ve now played Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea during Gerard’s first month or so in charge and I can still point to clear improvements and reasons to be confident about the team then I’m happy enough going into 2022.

None of the new signings have looked great yet, Buendia has had his moments, Bailey has basically been injured all season and Ings doesn’t appear to be able to play with Watkins but other players have stepped up and it’s still early days.  Mid table obscurity beckons, but I’m fine with that after a decade of utter shit. 

21 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Villa vs Leeds is off too.  

Didn’t see the Chelsea game (overly tired/not sleepy four year olds are a joy to spend your evenings with) but the reactions from Villa twitter are all over the place.  It seems to me that most of the anger comes from the ‘it’s the hope that kills ya’ crowd, Villa could and should have got something from the game but Chelsea just have insane depth and can change a game by bringing on one of the best strikers in the world and we can’t.

Well yes and no, after all it was already 1-1 at half time and 2 of Chelsea's 3 came from dumbass moves by Villa defenders giving away penalties.  Granted one of those was ON said striker.

Villa could and probably should have got a point out of that, Lukaku or not.

2 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

giphy.gif

Awwwww.

"On December 28, Spain celebrates el Día de los Santos Inocentes (Holy Innocents' Day). This is another Catholic tradition that has evolved over time and been adapted to the modern world. Today, it is celebrated as a kind of Spanish April Fool's Day when people play pranks (bromas o inocentadas) on each other."

Rumours of Gallagher out for Palace (Covid), combined with the rest still  missing from the Spurs game being the more creative members of the squad, and Zaha now out (for being a twat), leaves us lacking much of a spark.

Norwich have been unlucky in a number of games I've seen this season, but also decimated with absences.

This is either going to be a shite 0-0 or a pub league 5-5

1 hour ago, skadupuk said:

Rumours of Gallagher out for Palace (Covid), combined with the rest still  missing from the Spurs game being the more creative members of the squad, and Zaha now out (for being a twat), leaves us lacking much of a spark.

Norwich have been unlucky in a number of games I've seen this season, but also decimated with absences.

This is either going to be a shite 0-0 or a pub league 5-5

Looking like a nice easy win for you! Norwich are as good as down.

2 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Looking like a nice easy win for you! Norwich are as good as down.

I can't believe how poor they are, in part it's physical as they have very little bulk onthe field vs Koutate, Schlupp, Mateta and Edouarde, add in Hughes tenacity and they are overwhelmed.

We got lucky right at the end of the half when they should have nicked one, but there's been nothing other than that to worry us.

It's most disconcerting to be this comfortable in a game.

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

VAR farce again, How they managed to look at the lines and say Kane was off side is special. Game is dead etc.

3 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

As a non-Spurs fan, I'd like to back Shimmy up there. I don't know what fancy system they've got that can translate a 2D image into 3D in order to place Kane offside there by the sniff of his shoulder blades, but I'd love to know about it.

If it was England’s Harry Kane this goal would have counted.

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

Smashed Liverpool without our best 5 defenders, eaaaaasy. 😘

Shame about your support though. 

That said, we wouldn't have got through your defense of the game went on into the new year