IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Palace have lost Guaita (first choice keeper), Benteke, Olise, Eze, Clyne and Milivojević out.

We are putting out an ok first 11, but the bench is limited (to put it politely)

With a game v Norwich in 2 days, any more cases and we'd really be in the shit for that one if it wasn't cancelled.

I suppose the PL are hoping, despite previous experience, that this will be a temporary blip and so they don't really need to come up with a better, more comprehensive solution, but it's making a bit of a mockery of the supposed competitiveness of the league, with the inconsistent decisions over cancellations and the variation in how much teams are affected in each fixture. Maybe they can muddle through to the NY, we'll pass the peak (or the PL population will at least), and they'll get away with it, but I do wonder if this is going to end up being a pretty significant factor at the end of the season if it carries on - post-relegation lawsuits have been launched over less.

7 minutes ago, hmm said:

I suppose the PL are hoping, despite previous experience, that this will be a temporary blip and so they don't really need to come up with a better, more comprehensive solution, but it's making a bit of a mockery of the supposed competitiveness of the league, with the inconsistent decisions over cancellations and the variation in how much teams are affected in each fixture. Maybe they can muddle through to the NY, we'll pass the peak (or the PL population will at least), and they'll get away with it, but I do wonder if this is going to end up being a pretty significant factor at the end of the season if it carries on - post-relegation lawsuits have been launched over less.

We're 3-0 down after 21 minutes. We're 4-0 down after 25 minutes. Think you're spot on. 

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, that'll get you a straight red.

Which is probably good because the first yellow was iffy.

A straight red for that second foul?

The first yellow was bullshit, Zaha's fault he got sent off with that second one regardless of the rights and wrongs of that first yellow, but a red for that second would have been ridiculous.

Just now, Plissken said:

Zaha pulls that sort of bollocks most weeks, just this time he didn't get away with it.

You won't hear me trying to defend his massive childish stropping, he's let everyone down with that shove.

Needs to grow the fuck up.

22 minutes ago, hmm said:

It's a joke, it really is and once again I'm going to moan that the lack of transparency on which games get cancelled.

10 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

A straight red for that second foul?

The first yellow was bullshit, Zaha's fault he got sent off with that second one regardless of the rights and wrongs of that first yellow, but a red for that second would have been ridiculous.

For shoving someone over then going back for afters? I don't think you could argue it.

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

For shoving someone over then going back for afters? I don't think you could argue it.

Even the commentators were saying it might not even have been a yellow (I disagree)

I'm not trying to defend his stupidity, but there is no way in hell thats a straight red.

Also, what afters?

Nothing happens after the shove?

3 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Really? That does feel quite bold. If they finish top 8 I think that's ok isn't it?

It should be. Just feels like a club where things can always go sour pretty quickly. And they’ve looked gassed the last few weeks.

38 minutes ago, glb said:

It should be. Just feels like a club where things can always go sour pretty quickly. And they’ve looked gassed the last few weeks.

Bar Coufal (who has yet to replicate his form from last season) our first choice defence is out. Fornals has been bad since his nipper was born and (bar his goal today) Antonio has been utter drivel for 6 weeks or so. Moyes has to own wanting a small squad as this is what happens you have do, and get lots of injuries but he'll still be here and I hope he is. One thing is the reffing decisions against us have been woeful. How that was a pen today, how the Arsenal one was a pen and how we didn't get one against Burnley, plus the kick in the bollocks Coufal got against Man U that went unpunished, the stamp on the face Soucek got against Everton, the elbow to the throat Formals got against Villa (all unpunished) and more.

Not panicking (I hope Masuaku doesn't pull on the shirt again tho) but we do need to spend some money in Jan, which I'm not expecting us to do.