IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

To follow up, it seems that Everton have had their request to postpone rejected.  Meanwhile Eddie Howe is complaining that Newcastle have a packed Xmas schedule whereas relegation rivals Burnley and Watford have had two weeks off.

Not, in our case, through fucking choice, mate!

Once again it's that lack of transparency. How many cases do Leeds and Watford have? Is it more or less than the games called-off last week? Nobody knows and the PL won't tell you! Frustrating for players, managers and fans (and Sky, but we don't care about them.) 

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

Once again it's that lack of transparency. How many cases do Leeds and Watford have? Is it more or less than the games called-off last week? Nobody knows and the PL won't tell you! Frustrating for players, managers and fans (and Sky, but we don't care about them.) 

Apparently Leeds have five, which is the same as Everton, according to the tweet above. Which means it must also take into account other injuries. It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

The thing is, the teams having 'two weeks off' are going to have a cramped schedule somewhere else so it doesn't really matter that much.

Howe mentioned that those teams would be able to sign players in January who would be able to play in the rearranged fixtures.

I would have some sympathy with this position, were he not the manager of the richest fucking team in the world.

22 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

Apparently Leeds have five, which is the same as Everton, according to the tweet above. Which means it must also take into account other injuries. It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

Chelsea were 7 for the Wolves match, although one subsequently turned out to be a false positive. They were unfortunately distributed though, very well set for central defenders!

4 hours ago, Plissken said:

Howe mentioned that those teams would be able to sign players in January who would be able to play in the rearranged fixtures.

I would have some sympathy with this position, were he not the manager of the richest fucking team in the world.

Also if you think this then it means you fundamentally find the January window unfair. Which is a good point. So let’s cancel the January window, that ok Eddie?

50 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

Burnley are officially never playing again

Having four teams postpone on you (three this season, Fulham last) for Covid must make us the current leader.

Our next game is Man Utd on the 30th at Old Trafford.  I have a ticket for this but I'm 90% sure not to be going, as I'm just too worried about being in a big crowd again at the moment.

Merry Christmas everyone. If you didn't get exactly what you wanted, just be thankful you're not John Terry's wife, who got an NFT of herself done up like a fucking monkey in a Chelsea kit. Don't worry, I've right clicked and saved already so you don't have to.

20211225_211800.jpg

A journalist, relatively new but with a 'blue tick' on Twitter, broke the news last night that Spurs v Palace was definitely off...

Which of course it isn't,  and people have not travelled for the game based on his advice.

He's getting a fair bit of grief on Twitte.

Viera is isolating for the game, not sure which players are out, Palace apparently put in a request for cancellation which was denied.