IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

On 20/12/2021 at 22:21, deerokus said:

I feel you don't see as many utility players any more. Used to be that every decent team had a guy who could play anywhere in defence or midfield and was always consistent no matter what. Can't think of many now.

Other than the aforementioned Milner there's also Oxlade-Chamberlain, but that's more of no-one actually knowing what position he's supposed to be best at. 

11 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Nothing says first choice team like the squad numbers of 2/3rds of your front line adding up to 132.

If it makes you feel any better, Leicester are playing with 2 midfielders in their back 4. 

Appalling challenge from Morton wiped Pereira out; no idea how the ref only gave a yellow. 

11 hours ago, Stopharage said:

If it makes you feel any better, Leicester are playing with 2 midfielders in their back 4. 

Appalling challenge from Morton wiped Pereira out; no idea how the ref only gave a yellow. 

Maybe the ref thinks he’ll be a future England captain?

I mean it's Sergio Ramos so obviously lol, but the first booking is a bit harsh I think - he's entitled the challenge for that ball.

The second though is just one of those annoying and needless bookings players get that must frustrate managers. 

21 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Wolves vs Watford off. 

Of course it’s the right thing but I’m gutted, got a ticket with my girlfriend who never usually gets to go. 

Hope all the Watford players are ok though and it’s not too serious. 

Oh NOW you fuckers get to cancel games! :D

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh NOW you fuckers get to cancel games! :D

Haha. We’re all triple jabbed, not our fault if Watford all listen to Joe Rogan as a group. 

Just realised I’ll now have three fucking tickets for myself for whenever the game is rearranged for now which will obviously be a shitty Wednesday night in January or February which is a nightmare from London so I’ll be about £120 down. 

Going to write to Elton John for a refund.