Zelda 35th Anniversary Game & Watch. Available to pre-order.

Mr Do 71

Did you like the Super Mario Game & Watch? Well you're in luck, because Nintendo is bringing out another Game & Watch title which contains Zelda games. 

The Zelda Game & Watch features The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and a special version of the Game & Watch title Vermin, which features Link as the playable character. There's also a special clock mode.

The Zelda Game & Watch launches on November 12th, just in time for Christmas.

9820E322-13BD-4307-8690-DC80ACCA9773.thumb.jpeg.795915f2ddc5ee1461f070cb2599a4e3.jpeg

C745708B-E363-4B94-8A6D-D10B8ABCA76C.thumb.jpeg.40ce002865a36924f0d78403b6a83deb.jpeg

2DEBB4BE-9844-487F-95D0-675A8CA44571.thumb.jpeg.efdfb25eeeccb40f25e118727369b63a.jpeg

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/theres_a_zelda_game_and_watch_coming_this_christmas

Totally up for this.

So the Mario one was brilliant and the first time I’ve actually beaten the game.  I would argue it has the best version of Mario 1 & 2/lost levels roms around. They changed it so you can have an infinite lives mode. Makes it like Super Meat Boy, and allows you to keep retrying without save states, or mashing continue. Really works to make them portable. Especially lost levels. 

So hopefully they might be willing to do a few minor tweaks here as well. 

I want one just for Link’s Awakening. If I’m not mistaken, there is no other way to play the original game than the 1993 cartridge on an OG GameBoy or GBA and I far prefer that to the DX color version. The monochrome rendition adds to the dreamlike aesthetic (dreams aren’t in color) and the color dungeon and the added animations in DX are pretty worthless. 

I rushed to get the Mario one, assuming it would be the rarez, and paid £50 for it. More fool me. Not even opened it yet, and now you can pick em up new for around £30. So, I’ll wait on this for now.

42 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I rushed to get the Mario one, assuming it would be the rarez, and paid £50 for it. More fool me. Not even opened it yet, and now you can pick em up new for around £30. So, I’ll wait on this for now.

£25 at Currys :(

On 16/06/2021 at 08:08, Grobbelboy said:

I want one just for Link’s Awakening. If I’m not mistaken, there is no other way to play the original game than the 1993 cartridge on an OG GameBoy or GBA and I far prefer that to the DX color version. The monochrome rendition adds to the dreamlike aesthetic (dreams aren’t in color) and the color dungeon and the added animations in DX are pretty worthless. 

I completed the original LA on 3DS - I can't remember though if it was generally available or one of the 'thanks for your support' games.

And pre-ordered!

On 17/06/2021 at 12:35, jonamok said:

Same here :(  Some things are perceived as potentially rare right after they get announced, and scalpers know this.

It's happening again with the G&W Zelda and the Metroid Dread amiibo. The very first batches were all bought up instantly, but if you waited a bit longer, you could (and probably still can) comfortably get your pre-order in at the regular non-extortionate price.

Yeah, I pre-ordered this. My Mario one is sitting by my monitors here acting as a cool little clock. Put in a pretty hefty amount of time on the game, too!

That said, whenever someone says 'Zelda Game and Watch' to me, I will probably forever think of this first:

zeldagameandwatch.JPG.612ae0792dfd2e35517e65db2f610ca9.JPG