IGNORED

Metroid: Dread - October 8th

mdn2

2 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I’d say please don’t, but I suspect legal matters don’t play a factor any more. 

I've also "borrowed" this, but in my case, it's so that the minty fresh collectors edition I have on order stays in it's shrink wrap, now sitting down for a quick go after spending far too long tidying up the office, so I wasn't playing it whilst surrounded in what had become a complete shit tip of a place!

Few people who have it/ seemingly have reviewed it on Resetera seem to think the Emmi stuff is weak/not fun and the soundtrack is bland. This is what I was concerned about with the Emmi mechanics. The reviews will be interesting as it's supposedly these encounters that the 'Dread' of title is based upon.

Played about 20 mins last night, it seemed OK, I died 3 times already, it's not the easiest from the off.

Now wandering to work where I will pay it more attention later, and, on the plus side, ShopTo have readied my collectors edition for dispatch :omg:

22 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Are we just openly allowing this kind of stuff now!? Can't say I'm in support of that at all......

Agreed. It’s pretty shitty pirating the game in the first place, let alone blatantly admitting it on a public forum.

3 minutes ago, Droo said:

When does the review embargo lift?  I’ve actively not ordered this until I know it’s not pish. 

37 minutes ago, Steven said:

Few more people playing/finishing and saying it's great  - reviews at 2pm.

Please don't be mediocre or shit.

With regards to the piracy talk, speaking as a mod the rule is

Don't offer or post links to pirated material. This includes but is not limited to pirated software, videos, music, or books.

If someone wants to admit they have pirated the game and are playing it that way it's up to them, and people can make their own judgement as to what they think of that poster. It however isn't against the rules.