IGNORED

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania!

mdn2

5 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

So amazing “ooh i am a YouTube cunt my pant are pissed” meanwhile normal humans are just having fun. £6 ffs fuck off.

Did you even watch the video? It doesn't seem like you did.

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

A miserable pile of secret loopholes that e-pikeys jump through to pay for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania.

Please don’t use this term.

He was posting on gaming forums long before doing gaming videos on YouTube was a thing people did for money and fame. Knows his shit. For example: http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10160

I do think his channel isn't quite as good as when it was a two-man effort with Dave giving a the sort of regular person's perspective to Joe's lifelong passion.

The game is certainly harder without the 8 direction gated analogue stick of the GameCube controller. It’s a very fair comment for him to make. Not being able to push directly forward can make or break many a run. But in their defence, that’s been a problem since deluxe, apart from releasing a novelty controller there’s nothing they can do. The main game still shines despite that. 

Playing with a GC controller is certainly superior, not just the octagonal grooves but also as the resistance on the stick makes subtle tilts a lot easier.

That said, AiAi saying “woohoo” every time you clear a stage makes it all worthwhile. It’s great having the extra skins but none of them sound as happy as he does so they’re all pointless.

4 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

Is there a way of playing this with a Cube pad on Switch? 

Yes. Either the official adaptor, an 8bitdo wireless adaptor (that plugs into the GC cable) or buy one of the wireless official GameCube pads.

https://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXGK3G7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_N3R061S2BT98WQFWB56P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The official adaptors look like crazy money now but try eBay.

5 hours ago, Darwock said:

I did watch all of that video, and didn’t he also try it with a GC controller? I feel like he did but I’m not watching it again to find out if I made that up.

He did and he said it didn't improve things hugely. He mentioned it felt like the game camera itself was the issue at times.

I was going to pick this up myself but giving it a miss have fond memories of playing this back when the GC was released on the controller it was designed with in mind. This never felt right on the PS2 either.