IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Be thankful you're not an achievement hunter. I've done every single activity every week so far trying to get the last one I need to unlock, but because there's been at least 1 challenge bugged in both series so far, i still haven't got it. 

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Horizon Arcade needs to fuck the fuck off. Auto switching to that and removing the waypoint on my map is total utter bullshit. What fuckwit decided that was a good idea?  Because of that it just took me ages to find the El Camino event, I was looking for a big event marker like the others, but no, it's a story marker, which I was lucky to find at all.

Forza in general really LOVES to grab your GPS.

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's never happened to me. I don't know if it's something that never got turned on but I don't see anything about the Arcade events and I have to go looking for them.

Are you playing in solo mode maybe? I tried that, but in place of the other online players who you can't collide with, you have drivatars who you can collide with, and they're fucking everywhere getting in your way. It's clear the devs did this to make the online mode more appealing.

As for the arcade stuff, they're in certain areas at certain times, and if you happen to be passing through one of those areas as it kicks off, the game assumes you want to do that instead of going to where you were going, and sets your waypoint accordingly.  It can get fucking fucked. :)

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Are you playing in solo mode maybe? I tried that, but in place of the other online players who you can't collide with, you have drivatars who you can collide with, and they're fucking everywhere getting in your way. It's clear the devs did this to make the online mode more appealing.

As for the arcade stuff, they're in certain areas at certain times, and if you happen to be passing through one of those areas as it kicks off, the game assumes you want to do that instead of going to where you were going, and sets your waypoint accordingly.  It can get fucking fucked. :)

A few weeks back one popped up covering a season speed trap.

That was infuriating.

Just now, Plissken said:

I’m convinced now that 90% of the problems with this game are caused by Quick Resume.

I said this a while ago. In this if you go into Quick Resume it thinks you're on solo mode but doesn't put you in solo mode. Online games are a fucking nightmare for this and they all shit the bed in various ways. It's ironic that one of the theoretically best features of the series is almost entirely useless if a game is dependent on some kind of online component.

I'm playing on PC so don't have that problem. And to be honest, given the XSX/S consoles have SSDs anyway, what's the fucking point of Quick Resume? You're saving yourself, what, about 12 fucking seconds?  Halo Infinite doesn't work with Quick Resume either.

Has this been crashing a lot for anyone recently? I've not played for a while, and loaded it up today; first load, it wouldn't recognise controller input (after pressing A to load the game) and the second load, the game kept freezing, music stuttering, etc.

Been playing other stuff ok so I'm not sure it's the machine explicitly at fault and it recently had a full shutdown.

Disappointing to waste about 10-15 minutes on loading times to it today. (XBox One, forgot to mention!)

8 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Has this been crashing a lot for anyone recently? I've not played for a while, and loaded it up today; first load, it wouldn't recognise controller input (after pressing A to load the game) and the second load, the game kept freezing, music stuttering, etc.

Been playing other stuff ok so I'm not sure it's the machine explicitly at fault and it recently had a full shutdown.

Disappointing to waste about 10-15 minutes on loading times to it today.

Nope been fine on my PC, sorry dude.

11 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Disappointing to waste about 10-15 minutes on loading times to it today.

I'm not sure how but that sounds like you're on the old version. 

I've been playing it for most of the day and I've only had issues with quick start where the sound is non existent when quick starting.

I'm playing on a Series X 

On 03/01/2022 at 12:21, Varsity said:

Yeah, it's pretty neat when it works to be fair, but as mentioned Halo and Forza both dislike it and they're what I play most days at the moment lol. 

This is really odd as Halo and Forza (aside from the odd niggle) work absolutely fine with QR for me.

On 03/01/2022 at 06:10, Thor said:

I'm playing on PC so don't have that problem. And to be honest, given the XSX/S consoles have SSDs anyway, what's the fucking point of Quick Resume? You're saving yourself, what, about 12 fucking seconds?  Halo Infinite doesn't work with Quick Resume either.

I think there's a difference between something loading quickly, and loading quickly to the state you left it in, as if you'd just put the Switch to sleep. I mean, why  reload the game or even save your flight in FS when you can literally pick it back up where you left off.

What they need to do asap is figure out something which allows them to gracefully handle interrupted network connections. Whatever mechanisms they currently have for this clearly work sporadically at best.

On 03/01/2022 at 12:26, Onze said:

I've been playing it for most of the day and I've only had issues with quick start where the sound is non existent when quick starting.

That's been FH bug forever, even on the XB1's version of standby.

Completed this weeks season to 100%, was a fairly chill time tbh, even got lucky with the trial and got it out the way early. 

Fingers crossed there's no bugs in Series 3 so I can finally get one of the last achievements I need.

I got all the cars, but it didn't trip the achievement for "Complete all Season Championships in a Series".

If you want a spoiler and know what all the cars are for S3, there is an Accolade for it in the Evolving World section.

Edit: That Achievement description is wrong, it's the 100% everything in a Series as you previously mentioned.  Sod that.  Also, there are spelling mistakes in some of the Accolades.  Come on, Playground.

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

I got all the cars, but it didn't trip the achievement for "Complete all Season Championships in a Series".

If you want a spoiler and know what all the cars are for S3, there is an Accolade for it in the Evolving World section.

Edit: That Achievement description is wrong, it's the 100% everything in a Series as you previously mentioned.  Sod that.  Also, there are spelling mistakes in some of the Accolades.  Come on, Playground.

Yeah, it sucks big time and they keep fucking it up. The first series I originally had all the points that was needed (it wasn't originally every event.) On the last day of the series they then increased it to every single activity, one daily challenge had been bugged so didn't get it. 

This series, the treasure hunt was also bugged so again, 3 points off the total. Realllllyyyyy hoping they don't find a way to fuck up something in Series 3. 

The achievement for photographing cars is also wrong. It reads "photograph 200 different cars" but the criteria is actually "photograph 50 legendary cars." 

AAA studio everyone...

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47875/forza-horizon-5-festival-playlist-season-challenges-guide

Tunes and recommendations for this weeks stuff. Overall doesn't look too bad again, although I'm never a fan of playground games stuff, although infecting 1 person should be okay. 

The Jaguar they recommend for the trial is really good, I actually managed to finish 1st in one race. The first track this week is the worst, so don't give up if you fail spectacularly on the first one. The other 2 are both point to point races and the final one particularly is pretty easy, the AI can't get much speed up because of how bendy the track is so it's a lot easier to catch and overtake them. 

Did the trial first time this week in fact we didn’t even need the third race! 

Im missing the weekly rivals Rllmuk challenge though, does anyone want to nominate a track whilst we wait for boozy?

2 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

Anyone else always have a CPU car called Metric Ded Baby in The Trial? 

I was wondering if people saw the same drivatars or not. Sounds familiar. I'm seeing someone called Blastagoon all the time. He's rather ubiquitous to me.