IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Eeehh, I'm enjoying the racing in this, a lot actually, but whenever I try something different it's no fun at all. I'm presently on the hunt for three chests to be upgrade a car, fuck knows where these chests are, and fuck trying to find them. Whoever came up with this game mode should be shot.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Eeehh, I'm enjoying the racing in this, a lot actually, but whenever I try something different it's no fun at all. I'm presently on the hunt for three chests to be upgrade a car, fuck knows where these chests are, and fuck trying to find them. Whoever came up with this game made should be shot.

that's a community one.. i just did it, it was a bit rubbish...

there's an exit which you can only reach after finding the three chests, from the exit, they are North, East and West.. One's at the top of a tower, ones to the right in a maze, and the other is over a short hillclimb/ramp path. Once you've gotten them all, your car becomes powerful enough to make the jump.. not sure what's meant to be fun about it.

it's a bit dull

I'm not sure if they've picked that one at random. I've played a few Event Lab and Super 7 entries that have been quite fun. I think there's a few good ideas for abstract challenges and silly set pieces. Trouble is, there's a lot of rubbish, too, and a lot of having to drive a fast car in a straight line to win. If you can weed them out, there's a bit of entertainment to be had.

47 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Drag races in HyperCars are fucking rubbish and they always will be. I don't get why people like them so much.

Yeah I've completely ignored drag races and I've played this game A LOT. They're shit.

Have to say, this is likely to make my GOTY list, I'm hopelessly addicted.  I subbed to Gamepass to give Halo Infinite a fair shake (won't be making my GOTY list, lol) and so downloaded this on a whim; what a lovely fucking surprise. I know people have complained about this being too similar to 4, but that's bollocks! Mexico is awesome fun to race around in; the dull wintry Scotland in FH4 is, well, the opposite of fun. FH4 was a bit shit; FH5 is the shit. :)

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Have to say, this is likely to make my GOTY list, I'm hopelessly addicted.  I subbed to Gamepass to give Halo Infinite a fair shake (won't be making my GOTY list, lol) and so downloaded this on a whim; what a lovely fucking surprise. I know people have complained about this being too similar to 4, but that's bollocks! Mexico is awesome fun to race around in; the dull wintry Scotland in FH4 is, well, the opposite of fun. FH4 was a bit shit; FH5 is the shit. :)

I didn't like 4 because it was pretty dull granted, but this is too similiar to 3. Same exotic setting but less interesting somehow. 

3 had a lot of fun and interesting courses through jungles and deserts etc and the rally races were superb. In this the cross country + rally races are still mostly road for a lot of them and they leave a lot to be desired imo. 

19 hours ago, Thor said:

Damn, I see the replays in these games are still shite. Super zoomed in camera angles are useless. Shame, I was proud of a race I did just now and wanted to see a nice replay if it. 

Agreed man, I remember the cinematic replays on Gran Turismo and Project Gotham/MSR, and these are poor by comparison.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Also fuck The Trial. People ditching it on the first race make it a waste of time.

You actually have a better chance of winning if people quit. If there's less people you get more points per overtake. 

The tour is just random class/vehicle type races in co-op. 

Not if you're not very good at the game. One mistake and I've fucked it. It's annoying that it's ten points. And what's with one of the challenges requiring the 45 points car?! I'm assuming it's available from the Wheelspins too?

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Not if you're not very good at the game. One mistake and I've fucked it. It's annoying that it's ten points. And what's with one of the challenges requiring the 45 points car?! I'm assuming it's available from the Wheelspins too?

The AI is just fucked on unbeatable. Unless you're getting into the top 3-4 on most trial races to compensate for piss poor teammates you won't do it. I'm no pro but every trial I've done I'm normally 1st among teammates because of the aforementioned brain dead syndrome they all have. It's not a mode you can count on teammates to help balance out your own performance. 

You can't get it on wheelspins. Probably worth checking the AH for one but it won't be cheap this week because it's needed for the playlist. You can get 45 points relatively painfree though tbh. The Trial is the only thing most weeks that is harder to get, with the exception of bad PG games or eliminator objectives when they pop up...but there aren't any this week. 

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah I've not had bother getting both cars each week, I just find it ironic that to get the points for the challenges you need the car that your trying to attain through doing events to get points.

[Head explodes]

It's shoddily designed live service BS tbh. I've just checked now actually and there's none in the AH either, so this might legit just be the first time you can get that car.

It's bullshit, yeah. Also they've changed the rewards in the Forzathon shop. There were two horns before and a car I had, now there's 4 cars plus the FE lambo that was there.

Edit: hang on. Has the shop always rotated during the week?

52 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's bullshit, yeah. Also they've changed the rewards in the Forzathon shop. There were two horns before and a car I had, now there's 4 cars plus the FE lambo that was there.

Edit: hang on. Has the shop always rotated during the week?

I've never used it other than to buy super wheelspins tbh but I assumed it refreshed every week.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's what I thought, but it said there's 4 hours left when I posted. Maybe I was wrong. It's definitely changed since Thursday though.

Nah you're not wrong. Just jumped on now to clear as much as I can for the week and it's changed, says it's changing again in 2 hours too so fuck knows. 

I never got on with drifting before so always did as few drift zones as I could, but I’ve just finished 3 starring them all because I found a car that I can actually drift sonewhat properly in.  The Formula Drift Nissan 370Z is amazing for them - just super easy to control through the slides so you can keep them going for ages.

I had some success with some of the other Formula Drift cars, but this one just clicked.  I know that it’s provably just because I never spent the time setting up my car properly.  If your struggling though give this car a shot.  

7 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I never got on with drifting before so always did as few drift zones as I could, but I’ve just finished 3 starring them all because I found a car that I can actually drift sonewhat properly in.  The Formula Drift Nissan 370Z is amazing for them - just super easy to control through the slides so you can keep them going for ages.

I had some success with some of the other Formula Drift cars, but this one just clicked.  I know that it’s provably just because I never spent the time setting up my car properly.  If your struggling though give this car a shot.  

The drift zones are a lot more lenient this time as well. FH3 + 4 had me pulling my hair out for days, I did these in an afternoon lol. 

Horizon Arcade needs to fuck the fuck off. Auto switching to that and removing the waypoint on my map is total utter bullshit. What fuckwit decided that was a good idea?  Because of that it just took me ages to find the El Camino event, I was looking for a big event marker like the others, but no, it's a story marker, which I was lucky to find at all.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh I completely miscalculated the points needed and I'm 8 short for the Aventador, so I either do all the Tour bullshit and the dailies ever day this week or I have to hope to do a Trial and hope I get paired with someone good. I fucking hate the Tour shit because I hat a game dictating when I play. I'm not reading that wrong, right? You have to search for a tour at a certain time to get the car you need?

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh I completely miscalculated the points needed and I'm 8 short for the Aventador, so I either do all the Tour bullshit and the dailies ever day this week or I have to hope to do a Trial and hope I get paired with someone good. I fucking hate the Tour shit because I hat a game dictating when I play. I'm not reading that wrong, right? You have to search for a tour at a certain time to get the car you need?

You could just leave the dailies until later towards the reset, and do them all at once rather than logging in every day. 

And yes that's right re the tour.