IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It does but the drift and air skills in the rink on their own don't. I easily did 5 in the BMW X5 and it still said 0 for both.

Can't remember if the numbers incremented or not but I completed both of those at the start of the season.  Probably did it in the hoonigan cossie as that is my default car

25 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've never seen any outside the volcano, have they added them recently or am I just blind?

22 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I'm sure they've been added. There's some in the beach town to the east, too.

Either added or there was a bug initially meaning they weren't all appearing.  When I initially discovered the mulege horizon wonderland they were not there and they were still not there when i did the photo challenge either.  

4 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

There are quite a few near the horizon wonderland in mulege , more than there are at the top of the volcano

Yeah I did all 25 just in Mulege this evening.  Although fuck knows what was going on because some didn't count and some counted double.

Can't remember if the numbers incremented or not but I completed both of those at the start of the season.  Probably did it in the hoonigan cossie as that is my default car

It certainly doesn't work in the BMW on the current build, I counted them.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I did all 25 just in Mulege this evening.  Although fuck knows what was going on because some didn't count and some counted double.

Have you tried the 10 parasols in 30 seconds accolade, that one is similar in that it repeatedly doesn't count them, I must have flattened around 20 by the time it's 'counter' finally got up to 10

7 hours ago, James Lyon said:

That daily challenge to get a level 7 car on the Eliminator continues to elude me. I can get a level 6 but I'm always beaten by the second or third opponent. At least I'm learning which cars are worth picking up or not and it does have a one more go quality to it.

I got that one by just focusing on collecting cars and avoiding all opponents as much as possible.  If a pink dot appeared on my radar then I legged it in the opposite direction and about 66% of the time I then avoid a race with them.  Think it took about 3 rounds of eliminator before I found one.

The level 7 car I got was an old Ferrari and an absolute nightmare to drive off road 🤣

You've got more chance in an off road capable 3 than like a street 4/5 Mercedes, I think. If the gap is vast then just by sheer power that car is going to rinse you, but I tend to stick with off roaders up until a certain point.

My problems I find with Eliminator are that it has the same problems as you find just hooning around i.e. rocks and trees stopping you dead and that there's no soft cap on who can challenge you. So when someone rocks up in a level 8 car to your 3 that's game over unless the make a horrible error.

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You've got more chance in an off road capable 3 than like a street 4/5 Mercedes, I think. If the gap is vast then just by sheer power that car is going to rinse you, but I tend to stick with off roaders up until a certain point.

My problems I find with Eliminator are that it has the same problems as you find just hooning around i.e. rocks and trees stopping you dead and that there's no soft cap on who can challenge you. So when someone rocks up in a level 8 car to your 3 that's game over unless the make a horrible error.

It does lead to moments of excitement, though. I had one last night where the other person was slightly faster and beat me to the finish. Except the target was on the bridge rather than under it where he'd ended up. Cue a tense, slow race in first gear up a steep incline as we tried to get up top. I was elated when I clinched the win.

24 minutes ago, Minion said:

Is there a way to know where the car drops are going to be? I seem to spend most eliminators trying to find one, it's like playing a BR game without a gun, pretty boring.

There's one specific spot I always choose on the map that reliably has 3-4 drops around it. Dno if there's more because I've just used that one since launch. 

I dislike Eliminator immensely tbh, and that spot has made it bearable for the challenges because if I don't get a drop in the vicinity of that spot, I just quit and reload. 

EDIT: Added in a quick image for reference, apologies for quality, grabbed it off google. 

Choose yourself to spawn at the red cross. There's normally a car at the green cross nearby, you can see it from where you spawn, if not, drive into the town towards the other 2 green crosses. The blue cross is normally in the underground tunnel. 

Can't speak for the rng of other places but every game I start here and without fail there's always at least one of these drops ready to go. Hope it helps someone. 

car drops.jpg

21 minutes ago, Varsity said:

There's one specific spot I always choose on the map that reliably has 3-4 drops around it. Dno if there's more because I've just used that one since launch. 

I dislike Eliminator immensely tbh, and that spot has made it bearable for the challenges because if I don't get a drop in the vicinity of that spot, I just quit and reload. 

EDIT: Added in a quick image for reference, apologies for quality, grabbed it off google. 

Choose yourself to spawn at the red cross. There's normally a car at the green cross nearby, you can see it from where you spawn, if not, drive into the town towards the other 2 green crosses. The blue cross is normally in the underground tunnel. 

Can't speak for the rng of other places but every game I start here and without fail there's always at least one of these drops ready to go. Hope it helps someone. 

car drops.jpg

Nice dude I'll give this a go next time, thanks!

64/65 for this season now, just tomorrow's daily to do.

Praying they retroactively award the broken treasure hunt from last week at the end of the season so I can get this "everything in one series" achievement done and move on to other games till this gets DLC lol. 

On 22/12/2021 at 11:47, Varsity said:

64/65 for this season now, just tomorrow's daily to do.

Praying they retroactively award the broken treasure hunt from last week at the end of the season so I can get this "everything in one series" achievement done and move on to other games till this gets DLC lol. 

I was planning to do the same but in the end I cba with the "get 5 flag saves" item so ended up on 63/65.  Last week I would have been complete if the treasure hunt wasn't broken.  Gonna make sure I get both rewards each week and both rewards for the series but trying to 100% all of them is a pain with the bugs etc

I was planning to do the same but in the end I cba with the "get 5 flag saves" item so ended up on 63/65.  Last week I would have been complete if the treasure hunt wasn't broken.  Gonna make sure I get both rewards each week and both rewards for the series but trying to 100% all of them is a pain with the bugs etc

Ye for sure, I left everything till the last minute this week. Got lucky with the flag saves cos I'm normally woeful at that but got 5 in one game because I was the only one in the lobby that had bothered to look up the restrictions so could outpace everyone lol. 

Honestly, only reason I'm going for 100% is for the achievement tied to it. Couldn't get it in the first series because a daily was broken and they changed the requirements at the last minute. Not sure I'll get it this series either cos of the broken treasure hunt, BUT i know I'd kick myself if I didn't bother and then they retroactively award those treasure hunt points at the end of the series!