Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://gamerant.com/forza-horizon-5-all-cars-with-super-wheelspins/#:~:text=All Cars With Super Wheelspins in Forza Horizon, 15%2C000%2C000 CR 35 more rows

 

List of all the cars with Super Wheelspins on them if you're skill point flush and have half an hour on your hands. I did about 5 of the ones I have that didn't cost 20+ points and I have to say it absolutely 100% was not worth the effort because no matter how much they nerfed the appearance of cosmetic bullshit it's still there next to FE versions of cars to taunt you and show you what you could have won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, spanx said:

And Trueno get. A couple of those seasonal championships were a total bast, but I lucked out with a good team in the trial and side it. 
 

now, back to those time trials :)

 

It was trying to do one of the seasonal championships that resulted in the 2nd "Hanging forever on loading" that caused me to go do something better.

 

12 hours ago, footle said:

This is easily the most screwed up any Playground Games game has ever been. It’s an amazing regression given it was fine pretty much (give or take some less important online features).

 

Yeah, it was already their most screwed up but it was entirely playable before this patch.

 

Now it is not, by any stretch, in a state that should be public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a new issue after the most recent patch but there seems to be massive and obvious cheating on leaderboards now.  For example if I look at a danger sign or race leaderboard there are loads of completely impossible scores at the top.  Things like 11km jumps, 2 mile races completed in less than a second etc.  Is this coming from PC users and cheats/ hacks?

I still have one of the "get a rivals time in the top 5%" accolades to do so hope I'm not now blocked from completing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played this a little on launch day, but then went back to finish off the last few things on FH3 I was missing.  Coming back to it yesterday, I am presented with an opening screen with Series 1 on it, and seasons, and lots of objectives, and the news that it finishes in 3 days.  Can I take it that I'm not going to be able to complete this to win any prizes?

 

Going back to FH2 and FH3 shows you how complicated they've made these games over time.   I love playing them but now have a feeling that they're not made for me - someone who doesn't have the time or dedication to win everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Xevious said:

I played this a little on launch day, but then went back to finish off the last few things on FH3 I was missing.  Coming back to it yesterday, I am presented with an opening screen with Series 1 on it, and seasons, and lots of objectives, and the news that it finishes in 3 days.  Can I take it that I'm not going to be able to complete this to win any prizes?

You will be able to complete the current season as these are weekly events.  The series runs for a month (4 seasons) and there wont be enough points available from a single season to allow you to get enough for any of the series cars

 

42 minutes ago, Xevious said:

Going back to FH2 and FH3 shows you how complicated they've made these games over time.   I love playing them but now have a feeling that they're not made for me - someone who doesn't have the time or dedication to win everything.

I don't think anyone is really expected to win or even participate in everything in FH so I would suggest you just approach it on your own terms.

I totally get that having a million things thrown at you can be overwhelming for a player and can lead to a kind of choice paralysis or "if I can't do all of it then I'll do none of it"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Xevious said:

I played this a little on launch day, but then went back to finish off the last few things on FH3 I was missing.  Coming back to it yesterday, I am presented with an opening screen with Series 1 on it, and seasons, and lots of objectives, and the news that it finishes in 3 days.  Can I take it that I'm not going to be able to complete this to win any prizes?

 

Going back to FH2 and FH3 shows you how complicated they've made these games over time.   I love playing them but now have a feeling that they're not made for me - someone who doesn't have the time or dedication to win everything.


 I’m pretty sure (someone can correct me if I’m wrong) the seasons cycle back around so if you didn’t win the cars the first time around you’ll keep getting another chance until you do, once you’ve won the cars the prizes will become a bit less exciting, so wheel spins etc. 

 

Basically, don’t stress 🙂 these games are massive and I treat them as a daily quick blast game that I’m going to be playing in small sessions for the next couple of years in between other things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Not sure if this is a new issue after the most recent patch but there seems to be massive and obvious cheating on leaderboards now.  For example if I look at a danger sign or race leaderboard there are loads of completely impossible scores at the top.  Things like 11km jumps, 2 mile races completed in less than a second etc.  Is this coming from PC users and cheats/ hacks?

I still have one of the "get a rivals time in the top 5%" accolades to do so hope I'm not now blocked from completing that.

 

You can filter danger signs, speed traps etc by club, I've done this, its much more fun trying to get to the top of the MUK leaderboards than comparing yourself to all the hackers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing any points (not the FP, but the points towards seasonal car rewards) are not carried over? If not, that means I'm going to have to dedicate time to a season and that's not happening any time soon. I do chip away a little at FP though,so I guess I can get stuff from the store occasionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I'm guessing any points (not the FP, but the points towards seasonal car rewards) are not carried over? If not, that means I'm going to have to dedicate time to a season and that's not happening any time soon. I do chip away a little at FP though,so I guess I can get stuff from the store occasionally.

 

yeah it resets every series/month, i wouldn't sweat it too much, unless there's a specific car you want then think of them more as challenges rather than time critical content. and the cars eventually get put back in or are available from the forzathon shop.

 

i loved FH4 but i skipped so many months because i just couldn't be arsed and dipped back in when i was bored or really wanted a car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been enjoying the seasonal challenge stuff myself. Gives me some focus and something to aim for, trying out different classes of car I wouldn't normally pick. Got nearly all of them in the first series apart from a few the first week as I didn't understand how everything worked and the usual bugs 

 

Of course, there's accolades attached, too, so picked up a fair few already. You don't have to do everything in a season but I like getting everything marked gold. I'll see how long I carry on depending how repetitive it gets, but it's good for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ryodi said:

Just downloaded the new 2.5GB patch and immediately got the achievement for owning all of her houses when I still have to buy the last one. 

Good old playground games!

Disappointing that the no traffic bug is still there (unlike the traffic!! 😂).  How hard is it to actually have some cars on the road in an open world racing game and actually test that they are there :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Good old playground games!

Disappointing that the no traffic bug is still there (unlike the traffic!! 😂).  How hard is it to actually have some cars on the road in an open world racing game and actually test that they are there :blink:

 

Don't blame that on the "Tuesday" patch, that's clearly a single panic fix for a very specific issue that's utterly fucking people. They wouldn't have even attempted to fix anything other than the immediate screaming game breaking issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Don't blame that on the "Tuesday" patch, that's clearly a single panic fix for a very specific issue that's utterly fucking people. They wouldn't have even attempted to fix anything other than the immediate screaming game breaking issue.

Ah yeah, the let's not bother testing whether save works on our flagship platform bug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I have probably been doing it wrong for years but...

 

Formula Drift cars - got loads free on the first day.  I found I got on well with the Mazda RX-8.

 

It goes sideways even when trying to go a straight line, so this is handy.  I usually bang it off of the rev limiter in second or third and that's plenty quick enough. Third I fuond to be the right balance of power vs speed.

 

The trick is to try to balance the throttle, once the car goes sideways, try to just hold it there by easing on/off the throttle and gently steering into the slide.  It doesn't take long to get used to getting some level of control.

 

Once you've got good - and trust me, it took about ten minutes tops - then just go through the drift zones.  Because the car goes sideways automatically, you start racking up points. You can hold it for a bit and keep the points going and as long as you keep it on the road, you're pretty much getting points all the time.  Do it on the tarmac zones first.  For the dirt zones, well, it was practically swinging all over the place but still notching up points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

OK, I have probably been doing it wrong for years but...

 

Formula Drift cars - got loads free on the first day.  I found I got on well with the Mazda RX-8.

 

It goes sideways even when trying to go a straight line, so this is handy.  I usually bang it off of the rev limiter in second or third and that's plenty quick enough. Third I fuond to be the right balance of power vs speed.

 

The trick is to try to balance the throttle, once the car goes sideways, try to just hold it there by easing on/off the throttle and gently steering into the slide.  It doesn't take long to get used to getting some level of control.

 

Once you've got good - and trust me, it took about ten minutes tops - then just go through the drift zones.  Because the car goes sideways automatically, you start racking up points. You can hold it for a bit and keep the points going and as long as you keep it on the road, you're pretty much getting points all the time.  Do it on the tarmac zones first.  For the dirt zones, well, it was practically swinging all over the place but still notching up points.

 

Good tips. I watched a couple of tutorials, too, and tried a few cars tonight but I'll still not quite getting it. I can't seem to hold the drift and get on the throttle without it spinning out. Going to take a lot more practice for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Either there was an update that made drifting easier, or I got way better overnight.  It seemed to be that the dirt drift zones would stop scoring you if you were just a tiny bit out of the road, but when I came back suddenly I could score big here and 3 star everything.  

 

The only thing I have left... and royally suck out now are stunt scoring.  I'm trying to link things together and keep my score going, but most of the time I can barely break into a 2 star.  This is just to 3 star all the stories that seems a little OCD, but as it's all thats left to do (aside from online/monthly challenges) I wanted to finish it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.