IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

It was absurd because they were only available during one season and it was when you had to do 100% not 80% I think cos I remember getting it, taking a break from the game for a few weeks and coming back to insanity in the auction house.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Minor annoyance #14: I wish you could change the camera while in the menu before a race or in rewind mode.

Related, that new "Narrow the screen, muffle the sound and remove the HUD" which is just GREAT when you're in a drag race to the line and they've just removed literally all the ways to judge a gear change.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Related, that new "Narrow the screen, muffle the sound and remove the HUD" which is just GREAT when you're in a drag race to the line and they've just removed literally all the ways to judge a gear change.

Haha, I spend the crucial first few seconds of every race trying to select the right in-car view and simultaneously trying to cycle round to the 'radio off' option so I can hear the engine to know when to shift up because the rev counter hasn't appeared yet.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Minor annoyance #14: I wish you could change the camera while in the menu before a race or in rewind mode.

My Minor annoyance is the order of the car types in the filter list.  It seems to be totally random, it's not alphabetic, it doesn't group similar types or use any other type of meaningful order so you have to scroll through it each time trying to find the ones you want.  Even just having the filters as a grid (like the manufacturers) would be a help as it would remove the need to scroll.

Oh and there should be filters for "new" and "duplicate" cars too; both are super obvious to include and would help loads

2 hours ago, Waggo said:

Or gift em if you are feeling generous.

Yeah, I make sure I give away all my dupes. I have a quick check when someone sends me a car and I go fetch it. This is a great feature.

40 minutes ago, Pob said:

Haha, I spend the crucial first few seconds of every race trying to select the right in-car view and simultaneously trying to cycle round to the 'radio off' option so I can hear the engine to know when to shift up because the rev counter hasn't appeared yet.

I awkwardly hold RT with my middle finger and mash RB with my trigger until the right view pops up, and then slide my trigger finger down. I can't believe that wasn't brought up in testing, or the end-of-race cinematics sometimes messing with you. It's probably WAY down the backlog, given everything else going on.

If this were FH4, I bet they'd be thinking about free-roam and race settings separately. 

1 minute ago, Minion said:

erm, ok?

It's the car from an anime called Initial D, in which a high school kid regularly beats much more powerful cars in late night downhill street races because of his natural ability to drift. It's getting on a bit now, as anime go, and uses weird looking CGI for the first few seasons to simulate the driving sequences. Still worth a watching though, if you like your anime.

The tofu reference relates to him having learned to drift delivering tofu in the wee hours for his old man, who runs a fried tofu shop. And his old man is also a (retired) street racer.

Hope that wasn't a mansplain, I love Initial D. My daughter started reading the manga the other day, pretty much as she's ready every book and manga in the house, and I realized my copies are nearly 20 years old.

God that Raesr or whatever it's called that's in the seasonal objective is a bit bonkers.

It has one of the fastest accelerations I've seen, it can 3-star the Speed zones with ease. It even handles alright on dirt (for a hypercar, you can kind of finesse it) meaning you can 3-star the offroad ones too. Oh, and all the Danger Zones because it's really light. And it racks up drift points like nobodies business, so you can do all the drift zones without really trying.

The only downside is it caps out at ~240 mph, so it can't do the fastest Speed limits, but boy what a car.

12 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Hope that wasn't a mansplain, I love Initial D. My daughter started reading the manga the other day, pretty much as she's ready every book and manga in the house, and I realized my copies are nearly 20 years old.

No this is amazing, thank you so much for explaining and your story. I hope someone gets enjoyment out of it I never would have driven it.

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

erm, ok?

it's a very weird but watchable anime that's taken on meme status, i watched the first season and it's oddly compelling.

but in video games you can make it into a drift monster