IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

I wish the Festival thing didn't come up when you open the game, or perhaps let you toggle it. I saw the AE86 reward and started doing some, but quickly realized there's no way I'm going to score the (46?) points in 5 days, which made me despondent enough to think about playing something else. I know that's totally daft, and I should just cancel past that shit and play the game on my terms.

Today was not a good day start playing this again. It seems like the latest patch has made many things worse for me. Slow loading, non responsive controller, several crashes/lockups, one even required a full power cycle of the XSX.

Bug whack-a-mole.

😭

I’m getting loads of bugs. Black screens after races or controller not responding. Have had to reboot 3 or 4 times tonight. 

Shame, as it’s probably my favourite Horizon so far. 

Edit: Just used my car voucher to buy the Shelby and the game has frozen on “Saving content. Please do not turn off your device.”

🙃

Wow, they have screwed this up on the XSX. The load times are now absurd, and it needed a force quit after teleporting. That and the audio repeatedly cutting out on headphones via the pad (which, as I understand it, is just a problem with the Xbox in general) made me turn this off in frustration earlier. Going to sit this out for a couple of weeks, clock up some super wheel spins and see where we are. I don't want to get frustrated with this very particular game.

8 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Had the controller disconnect issue 3 times in an hour earlier. At least Arcade is working (I mean nobody else is doing them still, but you can at least complete them solo)

I tried one earlier and it was just me doing it. Proper rubbish. Won’t be doing those again.

On 03/12/2021 at 21:26, Dudley said:

Given that when I manually checked I also had 6 other updates I think it's just horribly broken.

It's been like this since the XboxOne days and I'm not sure why they've never addressed it.

Sometimes it'll update things automatically, but most times there's always a load of updates waiting for me when I switch my X on. Somebody mentioned a while ago that it might be because it's not updating games you haven't played in a while, but that can't be it because I was playing FH5 this week. Maybe Quick Resume is interfering with it, but that seems pretty broken as well.

Hopefully it's something they're on with fixing, but I wouldn't hold my breath because it's been around so long.

Add me to the list of patch victims. I was seeing quite a few bugs before the patch (I had to delete a save altogether because it wouldn't let me change radio stations), but now I've had multiple crashes, multiple instances of the controller not responding, audio glitches, hanging on the saving screen. It's a pretty poor show for such a high profile title.

I just went to do one of the outpost challenges, my son drove to the marker and accidentally went into camera mode when he got there. After coming out of canera mode the marker disappeared and the challenge was complete. 

Lots of other little bugs like the rain effect not disappearing from the screen. 

Bit of a shambles this. 

Where has all the NPC traffic gone?

I needed Daredevil skills for the challenge I was attempting & drove one end of the highway to the other plus a fair few other roads without seeing a single vehicle.  

This latest  patch has totally borked the game.☹️

1 minute ago, Waggo said:

Where has all the NPC traffic gone?

I needed Daredevil skills for the challenge I was attempting & drove one end of the highway to the other plus a fair few other roads without seeing a single vehicle.  

This latest  patch has totally borked the game.☹️

Go to Solo Horizon, traffic density is huge.

They've really mucked this up. Today there's no NPCs, go to Horizon Solo, still hardly any appear. Take a photo of a van in the city as per the challenge - it's not recognising any cars except the player car. Random reloads, seasonal events keep being marked on the map like they're new.

I also have the accolade "Find Ramiro's pilot outfit" on my screen at all times, with it ticked, despite doing that over a week ago.

Even rivals is a bit screwed because coming out of it results in the game getting stuck on a loading screen.

44 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

They've really mucked this up. Today there's no NPCs, go to Horizon Solo, still hardly any appear. Take a photo of a van in the city as per the challenge - it's not recognising any cars except the player car. Random reloads, seasonal events keep being marked on the map like they're new.

I also have the accolade "Find Ramiro's pilot outfit" on my screen at all times, with it ticked, despite doing that over a week ago.

Even rivals is a bit screwed because coming out of it results in the game getting stuck on a loading screen.

I got the exact opposite, so much solo NPC traffic the motorway slip road was actually blocked.

I also had it crash at the same point in one of the stories several times until i rebooted the whole game and forced it into solo.