IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Completely missed it there. It wasn't in at the beginning was it? I lost interest in the promo stuff as it reset my 200+ cars photographed back to zero.

They added it later on in 4, made the collecting a lot easier. 

8 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

maybe you're just that much better than everyone else

do you own that car in-game?

You know I did wonder that, but I didn't like to suggest it myself ;)

Nope, I don't own either the Ferrari or Koenigsegg it uses for them stories.

2 hours ago, Meatball said:

You know I did wonder that, but I didn't like to suggest it myself ;)

Nope, I don't own either the Ferrari or Koenigsegg it uses for them stories.

Same thing happened to me. I presumed it was that we had the difficulty on a higher setting, potentially? 

6 hours ago, Minion said:

Hmm I only get a fast travel option for X ?

i think it's because not all events on the map have leaderboards, so if they don't have one you get the fast travel option. if you want leaderboards for tracks have a look in the rivals section.

Ooh, the Eliminator's annoying. You can sometimes spend several minutes not finding any purple smoke at all and if you're not the fastest, the only way you can win is to pray your rival hits a solid object on the way. Although, often it's the other way round and I hit the tree while the other person coasts ahead.

I also had what seemed like a bug where I couldn't challenge someone even though I was driving right near him for ages. That would have been a sure-fire win, too.

Strangely, I'm still enjoying it for now, though.

I’m kind of enjoying this, but I only got a Series X in July and immediately played the shit out of FH4. Seems to be a lot less Super Wheelspins dished out in this one, and I’m finding the satnav a bit annoying in a way I didn’t on FH4, in that it takes you down a lot of roads which your car is totally unsuitable for. I don’t remember FH4 being like that, or maybe the terrain on this is more varied, but it can be bloody annoying when you’re trying to get somewhere in a Chiron and the satnav sends you down a dirt track so you have to drive at 30mph for ages.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

That’s the game’s way of letting you know that the car you’ve picked is crap. 

If it was a race, I’d agree, but the satnav should be intelligent enough to stick to roads if you’re in a pure road car just driving about.

I guess it means that apart from one or two for the road racing, you’re better off just spending the money on rally cars and off-roaders and tuning them up to hoon about in, as @moosegrindersays. (yes, the Hoonigan Cossie is great fun, as is the Peugeot rally car !).

Also, one of the big race start points (the one that finishes the PR stunts section) is right next to a bloody Trailblazer start line, and I can’t trigger it :angry:

Any tips for earning credits in this? I am saving £2m to get the house which enables fast travel but its taking me ages.

Main two route I see are:

1) Wheel spins

2) selling your unwanted cars in the auction (although often they don't sell) 

Am I missing any?

Also a lot of cars have an early 'Skill' that gives you a nice wodge of cash, like 50k or whatever. Also wheelspins and (some cars) super wheelspins.

Since skill points are basically unlimited (although now I need like 300 to unlock some cars and I spent them all on spins :seanr: ) it can be a decent way to make cash.

There's a street race accolade which needs an old Vantage which definitely isn't in the game. Nice one :seanr: 

I have this installed to my PC. Would love to play it but if I did I know I'll have a nagging feeling that I really need to finish 4 first, which is also installed. I did the same with 4, having to finish 3 before really getting stuck in. The trouble is the amount of shit on the map, it fucking overwhelming. I'm not really moaning about the game, more moaning about myself. Wish I could just jump from an unfinished game in a series to its next instalment, but I don't seem to be able to concentrate if I do. Makes sense with games that have a continuing story, but a car game, ffs get it together.

Anyway, can't wait to play it just as 6 releases.

5 minutes ago, amc said:

I have this installed to my PC. Would love to play it but if I did I know I'll have a nagging feeling that I really need to finish 4 first, which is also installed. I did the same with 4, having to finish 3 before really getting stuck in. The trouble is the amount of shit on the map, it fucking overwhelming. I'm not really moaning about the game, more moaning about myself. Wish I could just jump from an unfinished game in a series to its next instalment, but I don't seem to be able to concentrate if I do. Makes sense with games that have a continuing story, but a car game, ffs get it together.

Anyway, can't wait to play it just as 6 releases.

There is no way to "finish" these... just play until you are happy you've played enough and move on... :) 

I've played a 5-6 hours of this and I'm done. I played 2 and 4 a fair bit and I am finding it difficult to continue on this. Lovely visuals but bored of the gameplay loop now. 

Also admins of the club if you are struggling for spaces feel free to remove me! 

There is really, I finish all the main races and do the road discovery. Don't bother with any online or timed races, just the stuff that's sort of burned into the map. Like I say, I did it with 3, plus the DLC races. Tbh I'm not really sure if it's even the case with 4, what with seasons, but I'll deem it finished once all the none online races or pop up shit is completed and I've discovered all the roads.

Playing until I'm happy is doing all the above, perhaps unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, amc said:

Playing until I'm happy is doing all the above, perhaps unfortunately.

Well hey as long as you are enjoying it no problems then... The moment it becomes a grind move on... life is too short... well that's my mantra anyway...made easier by the fact these are on GamePass too. 

8 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Here's my idea for a weekly/fortnightly rllmuk club time trial.

Instead of limiting the track to a single car or class where everyone is forced to use the same car, in the spirit of the game I'm leaving it open to any car or class. The idea being I name a track to focus on for the time period and then the club members hammer all classes from D to S2 hoovering up accolade points to maximise the club leaderboard position whilst also competing with each other. It's entirely up to the individual which car, tune and classes they compete in. I'm banking on the accolades popping for each class, clean lap and leaderboard % awards to motivate you all to become frothing rivals/time trial addicts.

Let me know what the thoughts are regarding this idea. If its positive I'll make a thread up when I can with the details...

Maybe a request to post up details or the share code if you've used a tune? So us beginners not into the upgradng/tuning can try to match the fast times with equal spec cars.