IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

25 minutes ago, MrCarrot said:

I couldn't get the 'take a picture of the Porsche' task to work in free-roam at all, but it worked first time when I took a picture of it in a race.

Yeah, that was one of the suggestions I tried along with the photograph another player in that car and the photograph other Porsches and then go back to the correct one.  None seemed to work but seeing as the whole challenge did later complete I think it was perhaps that it did register but the UI just didn't update to indicate that 

Re the night time photo try doing the street race in the north west of the map, as soon as it starts take a photo, worked for me.

I have 577 out of 578 roads discovered, I cannot for the life of me find the one part of the map I haven't driven on, might just have to give up and hope it eventually pops.

10 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Fucking hell. The V10 story mission in the Koenigsegg is fucking monkey gash. Immediate restart as soon as the first car gets away from you, repeated dialogue and the fucking unskippable cutscene can all do one.

I did it a couple of hours ago but almost threw my controller through the window after the initial god knows how many attempts. The difficulty seems all over the place with the story missions. 

22 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I did it a couple of hours ago but almost threw my controller through the window after the initial god knows how many attempts. The difficulty seems all over the place with the story missions. 

Yeah, I dialled the difficulty all the way down to "Tourist" for that one in the end. Life's too short! It doesn't help that the car just seems uncontrollable in that mission. I've got it now (the Koenigsegg) for doing all of that story's missions and it controls fine, so I don't know if it was tuned a particular way for that specific mission.

Anyway, I had a go at some of the online playlist championships last night (it worked this time) and they were good fun. Playing capture the flag with a huge racing lorry was a bit different. I tried The Trial (the one against the unbeatable drivatars) four times, but it requires every human-controlled player to be pretty much perfect to have a shot of winning, and when you're playing with randoms there's not much chance of that.

I also played the Eliminator a few times. First attempt didn't go very well as I didn't really know what I was doing, and the game does a typically bad job of telling you, but once I'd figured it out I got to the last ten, mostly just by hiding in the woods, ha. I'll give it another go later.

This game has some definite flaws and is quite lazy with telling the player how to play it, but it more than makes up for it with sheer variety and fun stuff to do.

You know the runway drag race in the south. I won it easily with the diva, so ramped up the difficulty to the maximum.

and still won.

Then I forgot to go back down to above-average, and spent a couple of days wondering why I could no longer win any races.

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, TehStu said:

What is the idea? Avoid people? I don't know how to eliminate.

As soon as the round begins, rush towards the purple smoke which indicate car drops and change from the default Beetle to something else. After that, you can challenge other players to a race, if you feel like you can win: you both race from where the challenge begins to the centre of the map; lose and you'll be eliminated, but win and you can either take your opponent's car or upgrade your own. That's pretty much it, from what I've seen so far - just try to survive for longer than anyone else and be the first to purple drops to improve your car. You can also 'hide' by parking your car somewhere: it won't show on the mini-map until you start driving again. This becomes harder to do, obviously, once the map starts to shrink.

One thing I do like about Horizon Tour making you drive between races is you get to see the spectacular draw distance for cars. You can see the other players cars shining in the sun from absolutely miles away. 

Anyone managed to trigger the '3 star a speed trap in an X-class vehicle' accolade? Even beating my best times it doesn't work.

On 27/11/2021 at 19:35, Minion said:

Re the night time photo try doing the street race in the north west of the map, as soon as it starts take a photo, worked for me.

Thanks, that worked for me too so was finally able to complete that seasonal objective

Managed to complete a horizon arcade last night too, only took 4 tries before I had one where there was a large enough number of participants for us to be able to complete it

Still playing catchup with this. Definitely not got as much time as I used to for Horizon 😂

Just tried this week's Trial with one of my friends. Playground did remember that Unbeatable AI isn't actually meant to be physically unbeatable, right? I like to think of myself as reasonably decent at these games but I didn't have a hope in hell of winning any of those races we've just done. Scraped a third behind two AI at one point and it felt like a win.

I think because I played so much Forza Horizon 4 when I picked up the Series X in the summer I’d already gotten a bit of fatigue of the formula when this came out, it’s so similar to 4 that I’m not feeling like it’s a proper sequel. 

However, I just tried The Eliminator. Is it me or is it just really bad? 

Just now, Naysonymous said:

I think because I played so much Forza Horizon 4 when I picked up the Series X in the summer I’d already gotten a bit of fatigue of the formula when this came out, it’s so similar to 4 that I’m not feeling like it’s a proper sequel. 

However, I just tried The Eliminator. Is it me or is it just really bad? 

It's an acquired taste. I think it's ok, but the first car someone picked up in one game was a rank 7 which is stupid because you've fucked it if you get challenged by them in your level 1 Beetle. They should be gated to X level for each round.

That’s what I’ve had so far.  Ten seconds into my first game I’m in a Beetle, some cunt in a Ferrari challenges me and I die.  A few more games where I’ve not fared much better, it’s just aimless driving around in the hope to find a faster car before being challenged and eliminated by someone who already has one.  Seems like it’s too easy to pick new players off once you’ve put a bit of time in ? 

it's terrible, feels like they were told to add a battle royale type mode and that is what someone came up with in their lunch hour

The crown/zombie/flag games are pretty tedious as well, I don't believe anyone would do them if it wasn't for the seasonal requirements.

Top Tip, one of the Racing accolades is to win driving a 2018 Aston Martin Vintage, but there isn't one in the game :lol: so use the 2019 Vantage instead.

If the races actually required you to drive well it could be really good fun. There'd be a chance of out-racing a much faster car if you were forced along roads or at least courses and that could be really cool! But they're point to point races that ignore the roads and make you drive in one long straight line so there's literally no skill to it. It's all about luck, car and map placement and that's just not interesting in a game in which the racing is as good as it is. 

Don’t know whether the AI ‘cheats’, but it definitely feels like there’s some soft rubber-banding that sees 1-2 cars smash ahead for most of the race and then slow down right at the end, giving you a slight window for a last minute victory. It’s exciting, but it also describes almost all of my races. 

35 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Don’t know whether the AI ‘cheats’, but it definitely feels like there’s some soft rubber-banding that sees 1-2 cars smash ahead for most of the race and then slow down right at the end, giving you a slight window for a last minute victory. It’s exciting, but it also describes almost all of my races. 

There's that, too - but I noticed that on some of the Cross-Country races (the El Descenso one in particular), the leader will either take corners and jumps without losing as much speed as it should, and just keep a constant buffer distance between you and it.

My solution was to build an absolute rocketship of a Ford Bronco :D

1 hour ago, ilpostino said:

So there's some races in this where the AI absolutely cheats, right?

It definitely cheats in places.  I've occasionally taken out AIs cars in spots where it would have caused a real opponent to end up miles behind such as knocking them off a bridge only to have them appear just behind me a few corners later

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

They added a quick shot button to the photo mode so you don't have to go through the processing bollocks when collecting snapshots. That's nice.

That was added in FH4, the process was still painful on a bog standard Xbox one though.