Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just auto-tuned an AMC Gremlin to 350bhp, and stuck it in A-class.

 

For the boy, obviously. It’s a Cars 2 thing*. 

 

does the tuning option include steering and braking, because THOSE I need to work on…
 

 

 

* while I was doing it, the wife looked over and said “is that Acer?” And I’m all “no, it’s Grem, the other one”

 

D3EB3D0B-150D-41AC-B323-95F6558855AB.thumb.jpeg.d7ee8ef5c008e242e614873e8b94bca4.jpeg

Edited by SeanR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@davejm, I saw you playing this last night on PC. Have they fixed the steering wheel bug in the update? The release notes only say

 

Quote

Wheel Compatibility

Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC

 

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4410593330579-FH5-Release-Notes-November-17th-2021-CU3-CU4-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

How? When I got to tune at the race it just lets me do my own fiddling.

 

Oh sorry, in a race you cannot because it would change your car rating. That still seems like an unnecessary restriction in most scenarios. It needs a little care to make sure players are aware changing it could invalidate their current goal; Maybe the change would move your car from A to S1 and that stops you gaining a seasonal objective.

 

I was talking about in free roam from the map. Missed we were talking in races.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

@davejm, I saw you playing this last night on PC. Have they fixed the steering wheel bug in the update? The release notes only say

 

 

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4410593330579-FH5-Release-Notes-November-17th-2021-CU3-CU4-

 

No fix :(  Still crashed at the end of every event I tried.

 

The 346 version of the Fanatec driver works fine (I tried last week) but I didn't know how that would affect ACC (and it being an unsupported driver for the CSL-DD) so I installed the latest driver again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still playing this. Have completed all the road races now. It's a game which seems at its best when you turn a lot of the stuff off, to be honest, and just focus on one thing at a time. I'm going to move onto the dirt races, I think, but this might be one to keep on the quick resume instead of systematically completing. My pile of shame is calling to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PeteJ said:

Not sure if anybody can answer this one, but putting it out there just in case!

 

Because I have parental controls turned on with my Xbox, our 9 year old is unable to received the gifted car from earlier this week or access custom paint jobs. It just says parental controls are stopping it from working. 

Any idea what part of the controls prevent it? I don't mind him accessing anything in Forza but I don't want to remove the controls completely as he's he'll immediately start downloading gta5! Although you can do quite a but with the controls in terms of access times and age content filters, there doesn't appear to be any options for this sort of thing. 


There’s a bit which allows you to “see and upload creations.” Turned that on and the Auction House and paint jobs started working for the person whose account I manage. 
 

If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll give you the more granular details of my prenatal controls settings. It’s not exactly clear how each setting affects different games. Can be quite frustrating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, davejm said:

No fix :(  Still crashed at the end of every event I tried.

 

The 965 version of the Fanatec driver works fine (I tried last week) but I didn't know how that would affect ACC (and it being an unsupported driver for the CSL-DD) so I installed the latest driver again.

 

Damn, are they not aware of this bug?

 

I'll give that 965 driver a go next time I'm on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:


There’s a bit which allows you to “see and upload creations.” Turned that on and the Auction House and paint jobs started working for the person whose account I manage. 
 

If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll give you the more granular details of my prenatal controls settings. It’s not exactly clear how each setting affects different games. Can be quite frustrating. 

Great thanks, I don't recall seeing that option on the Web or app, but I haven't checked the Xbox itself yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

 

Oh sorry, in a race you cannot because it would change your car rating. That still seems like an unnecessary restriction in most scenarios. It needs a little care to make sure players are aware changing it could invalidate their current goal; Maybe the change would move your car from A to S1 and that stops you gaining a seasonal objective.

 

I was talking about in free roam from the map. Missed we were talking in races.

 

Yeah, it sounds about right.

 

For all my posting in here I  haven't actually said what I think of the game. I love it. It's probably more of the same, but more streamlined with all the GaaS crap I love and it's lovely to play. I think most of peoples criticisms are valid and it definitely tests your tolerance for the happy clappy dudebro shit and the sheer volume of stuff it throws at you but 5 games in I think most of us know what we're getting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

No, that bit's stupid and annoying. You can't even do it from the tuning screen before a race. So if you're getting rinsed on a race and you want to upgrade or download a tune you have to go back to a house or the Festival to do it. It's shit.

 

Edit: @James Lyon

There's an option to download user created tunes from the tuning screen before the race. I do it all the time. Need to have available funds, and can't usually change the rating of the car 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr C said:

There's an option to download user created tunes from the tuning screen before the race. I do it all the time. Need to have available funds, and can't usually change the rating of the car 

 

I'll have a closer look, I've been searching for it and couldn't find jack shit. Then again I couldn't find my hand if I looked on the end of my arm, so it's not surprising I couldn't see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

I'll have a closer look, I've been searching for it and couldn't find jack shit. Then again I couldn't find my hand if I looked on the end of my arm, so it's not surprising I couldn't see it.

 

So it looks like downloading tunes pre-race was in fact removed in the patch yesterday:

 

Quote

Exploits

  • ...
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts

 

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4410593330579

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

 

So it looks like downloading tunes pre-race was in fact removed in the patch yesterday:

 

 

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4410593330579

 

They seem to make you want to return to a festival site or one of your houses to do customisations or buy stuff. I guess it's in an effort to make you feel like you're in an actual place, make you drive from point-to-point, give some value to owning houses across the map etc. I wouldn't mind that but I don't think the 'lifestyle driving sim' feel is really present elsewhere, certainly not like Test Drive Unlimited. For example, I'd like to neatly park my car whenever I want to enter a house!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would make sense if you couldn't just download a tuning setup from the road.

 

I can understand changes to skill points exploits (although that has no bearing on multiplayer really so it's just artificially extending a solo grind because of GAAS encroachment) but who is affected by tuning before a race? Because now having to quit, tune and enter a race again just means longer in menus and not feeling immersed.

 

I've enjoyed my time so far and still have plans to complete more of it but this does feel a little undercooked compared to FH4 now. I've got a bug where I don't get the daily wheelspin from the castle. They stopped Forza rewards. There aren't any stories with weekly payouts. Super Wheelspins are really few and far between. They don't show credits in the results screen for some reason.

 

In a complete change from FH4 where it was easy to feel overwhelmed with how many cars and events and rewards the game was chucking at you, it's fairly miserly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pob said:

They seem to make you want to return to a festival site or one of your houses to do customisations or buy stuff. I guess it's in an effort to make you feel like you're in an actual place, make you drive from point-to-point, give some value to owning houses across the map etc. I wouldn't mind that but I don't think the 'lifestyle driving sim' feel is really present elsewhere, certainly not like Test Drive Unlimited. For example, I'd like to neatly park my car whenever I want to enter a house!

 

In this case it's because of the following issue I think:

  1. Select race with car rating A701
  2. Game generates competitors with that A701 as a basis
  3. Player downloads tune that changes car to A800
  4. Player smashes opposition

Of course the real fix is to reselect the AI cars after step 3.

 

It's the sort of bug/feature that just didn't matter in the past. Who cares that the player decides to make their car massively out performs the AI? It's their game. But in the world of leaderboards, achievements, and whatever else it seems to matter that anyone who says they can beat the top level AI (for example) has done so without manipulating the system.

 

But I also agree they seem a bit split on whether the houses really mean anything and relate to your place in the world. I think they're pointless. I hate having to go to a house for most of the car activities. Either commit to it or leave it. Houses should (imo) just be nothing more than a free fast travel point early on and a way to embody the concept of buying perks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

 

 

In a complete change from FH4 where it was easy to feel overwhelmed with how many cars and events and rewards the game was chucking at you, it's fairly miserly.


at level 97 I have more than 100 cars in the garage, and more events open than I could possibly finish. I’ll agree my clothing collection is a bit hampered by the lack of super wheelspins though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the 1gb patch last night, I logged in and immediately had a message that I received a barn car from someone. I had to press the... I don't even know what it's called... black button to the left of the main white Xbox button... to claim it. Except none of the buttons on the pad worked except the main white Xbox button. After a few seconds, the message went away and the other button now lets me enter my house, says the game.

 

I mashed controls for a few seconds and eventually was able to move the car. I can't find anywhere in the menus where I collect that gifted car now. Is it gone?

 

Luckily, the Collosus was amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

After the 1gb patch last night, I logged in and immediately had a message that I received a barn car from someone. I had to press the... I don't even know what it's called... black button to the left of the main white Xbox button... to claim it. Except none of the buttons on the pad worked except the main white Xbox button. After a few seconds, the message went away and the other button now lets me enter my house, says the game.

 

I mashed controls for a few seconds and eventually was able to move the car. I can't find anywhere in the menus where I collect that gifted car now. Is it gone?

 

Luckily, the Collosus was amazing.

 

11 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

I've had a few notifications like that but havn't been able to collect them. Do you need to go to a particular barn?

You need to collect those gifts from the actual barn.  If you filter the map then one of them should have some kind of indication on it.  I've always accepted the prompt and immediately driven to them and luckily not had errors get in the way.  If it errored before saving @TehStu then it might be lost 😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TehStu said:

After the 1gb patch last night, I logged in and immediately had a message that I received a barn car from someone. I had to press the... I don't even know what it's called... black button to the left of the main white Xbox button... to claim it. Except none of the buttons on the pad worked except the main white Xbox button. After a few seconds, the message went away and the other button now lets me enter my house, says the game.

 

I mashed controls for a few seconds and eventually was able to move the car. I can't find anywhere in the menus where I collect that gifted car now. Is it gone?

 

Luckily, the Collosus was amazing.

 

19 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

I've had a few notifications like that but havn't been able to collect them. Do you need to go to a particular barn?

 

When I've had them I've had to go to a barn to collect them. If you view the map (with barn finds shown) the one with a gift at it should show a purple gift icon. Of course they may have changed/broken it with the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TehStu said:

After the 1gb patch last night, I logged in and immediately had a message that I received a barn car from someone. I had to press the... I don't even know what it's called... black button to the left of the main white Xbox button... to claim it. Except none of the buttons on the pad worked except the main white Xbox button. After a few seconds, the message went away and the other button now lets me enter my house, says the game.

 

I mashed controls for a few seconds and eventually was able to move the car. I can't find anywhere in the menus where I collect that gifted car now. Is it gone?

 

Luckily, the Collosus was amazing.

 

It's the View button. And yeah I've had a Hoonigan gift and something else from that.

 

When you send a gift does it remove the car from your garage or send a copy? I assume it's for when you get dupes/cars you don't want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.