IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

But what if it doesn't? Like I'm at over 300 total. I've got the accolade for 100 in this wet season (if I'm remember that one rightly). So that should be done. I'm actually happy to do it but having tried multiple evenings it's just wasting my time now. Bugs can be annoying and I'm happy to gloss over them but when I'm stuck in a loop of literally being taken for a ride then it's not fun at all.

3 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

But what if it doesn't? Like I'm at over 300 total. I've got the accolade for 100 in this wet season (if I'm remember that one rightly). So that should be done. I'm actually happy to do it but having tried multiple evenings it's just wasting my time now. Bugs can be annoying and I'm happy to gloss over them but when I'm stuck in a loop of literally being taken for a ride then it's not fun at all.

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I've currently got over 200 smashed and it hasn't registered.  Nor is the Danger Sign.  I've given up.

Oh damn sorry dudes, hopefully it gets sorted by the patch they're working on.

8 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

You’d hope when they deploy a patch it’ll fix these and mark them as complete for everyone who has done them.

You'd hope. And maybe they will. But make it so you cannot claim the rewards and just feel sad that you've done enough but cannot have the car :lol: 

I restart most days. When I finish a session I force quit the game. That's because I switch between my S and X depending on when I'm playing and hate the way the XBox gets confused about the "newest" save when you resume and it kicks you out due to playing elsewhere (it rightly says you've played elsewhere but because you've just run the game locally states the local save is newer than the cloud one even though that's not really the case).

I've had a couple of issues with QR - firstly it losing connection to the servers so not registering completing a seasonal objective. I also noticed there was not a single other car on the roads - not sure if that was QR, but restarting and then going into 'Horizon Solo' fixed it.

I did have a thought whilst trying to do some playground games this morning. It eventually crapped out after the second round (shocker) but when 'working' it struck me how much a resented the idea I might be playing with non 'Series' players and having to wait for their loading times.

As I waited for "fast travelling other players" to complete I couldn't help but this it's here in multiplayer that the generational differences hit hardest. Everything loads so fast that I don't think about it any more. It's amazing. But being forced to deal with other players loading times on top of the network syncing stuff is just annoying to be now. Wonder if their matchmaking algorithm tries to group Series and One players separately to avoid this. Be nice if it did.

2 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I currently use performance mode - if I quit out of the game and try quality mode, it will still load up my save file, won't it?

Just curious to see what it's like compared to performance mode.

Yes. It's not a different game. It's just a graphics setting.

36 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I did have a thought whilst trying to do some playground games this morning. It eventually crapped out after the second round (shocker) but when 'working' it struck me how much a resented the idea I might be playing with non 'Series' players and having to wait for their loading times.

As I waited for "fast travelling other players" to complete I couldn't help but this it's here in multiplayer that the generational differences hit hardest. Everything loads so fast that I don't think about it any more. It's amazing. But being forced to deal with other players loading times on top of the network syncing stuff is just annoying to be now. Wonder if their matchmaking algorithm tries to group Series and One players separately to avoid this. Be nice if it did.

Er... you might want to reconsider how this comes across...

4 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Er... you might want to reconsider how this comes across...

How, that I want the fastest experience I can have. If there are enough players playing then simply giving those with an SSD a faster experience seems okay to me. No one is having a worse experience my way. They're not disadvantaged.

Just now, Plissken said:

OK, I was initially polite.

So now I'll go with "tough shit, gaming is for everyone, some people aren't as fortunate as you, get the fuck over yourself".

Fucking hell. I didn't say they couldn't play online. Insane more like.

4 hours ago, PeteJ said:

Not sure if anybody can answer this one, but putting it out there just in case!

Because I have parental controls turned on with my Xbox, our 9 year old is unable to received the gifted car from earlier this week or access custom paint jobs. It just says parental controls are stopping it from working. 

Any idea what part of the controls prevent it? I don't mind him accessing anything in Forza but I don't want to remove the controls completely as he's he'll immediately start downloading gta5! Although you can do quite a but with the controls in terms of access times and age content filters, there doesn't appear to be any options for this sort of thing. 

No idea what part of the controls as I've never used them but it will likely be the ones related to user created content and promotional content I would guess

4 hours ago, Parksey said:

I'm finding the seasonal content/challenges/rewards quite confusing. 

I went to the Festival Playlist, selected a Drift challenge. Then got in the requisite car type. Did the challenge and got two stars, but don't seem to have accrued any seasonal points? Do you have to get three stars?

The seasonal goal for the danger signs/speed traps/etc is separate from the stars. It’s listed to the right of the three star target when you hover them

on the map.

6 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just out of curiosity has anyone having problems been playing solely from their Quick Resume or have they restarted the game at some point?

Yes, definitely. A third of the time, I'd say, quick resume doesn't work and the game boots from scratch. Pretty annoying that this is still a problem with flagship games a year after the launch of the Series consoles.

5 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

Seems fair enough. I don't want to wait around for a load of proles either.

I don't think it's the old consoles loading that takes so long in between races though, I think it's just a bit crap in general.

Indeed. Think online is a bit crap most of the time .. guess there are a few players on there :) Also guess the game is always online too so essentially everyone playing is connected to a server. Although going by how many times I get a not connected message perhaps not.

Guess things like this will always come up as different platforms with different configurations connect into the Xbox platform. I mean imagine how high end PC owners feel playing with console owners.... (Just playing devil's advocate here).

I managed to complete all the seasonal events apart from the Horizon Arcade and the one that needs you to be in the Hall of Fame. Quite fun overall and a good focus for things. I was only going for the Delorean but ended up trying for the other car as well. That said, it took some reading to actual figure out what I needed to do everything.

I'm still enjoying blasting about getting a new car every so often and seeing how it feels. I'm understanding a lot more of how it all works and how to best drive as a first time Forza player. Mexico is a really nice place.

The only annoying thing so far is needing to go away from where I am to buy a car or parts. Not sure why when cars you own can be delivered to you, unless I'm missing something.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just out of curiosity has anyone having problems been playing solely from their Quick Resume or have they restarted the game at some point?

There's something wrong with the way the game handles the connection to horizon life that fucks everything so I have to restart just to get all the cars back.

I've done everything for the seasonal but I can't get the showcase one to Pop cos I'd already done them all and doing them again doesn't work.