Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm really digging this now, after whinging about tuning I actually got more fun out of adding a few upgrades to my new Ferrari (no tuning mind) keeping it in the same class but just a bit better spec, same RWD etc and then upped the difficulty to expert and it seems perfect. Then I bought a Lambo Diablo cos fuck yeah I'm a child of the eighties and then I spent some time painting it. This game is fucking great when you start ignoring all the things it's constantly throwing at you and just do what it is you want to do which for me is race really nice sports cars on roads, the Street Scene racing is my favourite event type. It's really quite something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found my missing road. After ages staring at the map I found it when I’d given up, just a bit in the middle of a big road 😅

 

Every online interaction just seems too annoying to persist with. Empty Arcades. Playgrounds that just break partway through. Rivals which won’t record clean laps. I love all this mini challenge stuff. It’s gaming crack to me. But it quickly becomes very annoying when it’s not registering or wasting your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

How have I only got one Danger Sign? Is it gated or am I just not exploring enough?

 

Edit: actually I think something is busted, I definitely have another one somewhere but the only one showing is the seasonal one.

 

You need to unlock the PR Events Horizon festival outpost which you can do once you've earned enough accolade points for the next Horizon Adventure. You should then get asked what you want to do next, choose the PR Events and you will get more danger signs and speed traps and whatnot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just one more point to go to get the Aston in this week's seasonal events. I actually had a decent time on the Playground Event this time, though 5 rounds is a bit much. Also, Eliminator is surprisingly fun - I couldn't quite get into the top 30 after three rounds but I'm going to give it another go later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Have you got to do all of the events to get to 64 points for the Aston Martin?

Nah, no way, but you do need to do a decent chunk. You can see how many points each event awards and plan out how you want to get your points. For example I avoided Horizon Arcade as everyone says it doesn't work, and a couple are inaccessible to me at the moment (need to reach the Hall of Fame, and also I have no way of going 250mph yet!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Nah, no way, but you do need to do a decent chunk. You can see how many points each event awards and plan out how you want to get your points. For example I avoided Horizon Arcade as everyone says it doesn't work, and a couple are inaccessible to me at the moment (need to reach the Hall of Fame, and also I have no way of going 250mph yet!).

 

The Porsche they gave away earlier this week does 250 on the motorway if you max S1 it. I'll have a look at the other events but I don't like the Playground shit at all. The Arcade events are too demanding with their requirements so they need nerfing into the ground. I've got the DeLorean though so the AM will be a bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, moosegrinder said:

 

The Porsche they gave away earlier this week does 250 on the motorway if you max S1 it. I'll have a look at the other events but I don't like the Playground shit at all. The Arcade events are too demanding with their requirements so they need nerfing into the ground. I've got the DeLorean though so the AM will be a bonus.

Have you set a clean lap for monthly rivals yet? That's easy and gets you the monthly points, plus there's a daily challenge for it. Similarly, coming 30th or better in Eliminator should get you a few points as you'll tick off a weekly and a daily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if anybody can answer this one, but putting it out there just in case!

 

Because I have parental controls turned on with my Xbox, our 9 year old is unable to received the gifted car from earlier this week or access custom paint jobs. It just says parental controls are stopping it from working. 

Any idea what part of the controls prevent it? I don't mind him accessing anything in Forza but I don't want to remove the controls completely as he's he'll immediately start downloading gta5! Although you can do quite a but with the controls in terms of access times and age content filters, there doesn't appear to be any options for this sort of thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

Not sure if anybody can answer this one, but putting it out there just in case!

 

Because I have parental controls turned on with my Xbox, our 9 year old is unable to received the gifted car from earlier this week or access custom paint jobs. It just says parental controls are stopping it from working. 

Any idea what part of the controls prevent it? I don't mind him accessing anything in Forza but I don't want to remove the controls completely as he's he'll immediately start downloading gta5! Although you can do quite a but with the controls in terms of access times and age content filters, there doesn't appear to be any options for this sort of thing. 

 

Apologies but I'm hitching a ride on this question! I don't even mind removing the controls completely but trying to find out how to do it (on Windows with no xbox console involved) is a nightmare, the search results and help pages are not good and the amount of things I've logged into to find pages of controls but seemingly none relevant... gah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

 

The Porsche they gave away earlier this week does 250 on the motorway if you max S1 it. I'll have a look at the other events but I don't like the Playground shit at all. The Arcade events are too demanding with their requirements so they need nerfing into the ground. I've got the DeLorean though so the AM will be a bonus.


If you get in the Hall of Fame (dunno what the requirements were - getting all the stamps?), there’s an easy multiplayer off road championship which gets you 10 points. I may have been hard carried but still managed to finish ahead of most of the “unbeatable” drivatars that made it sound like it was gonna be hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mikeyl said:


If you get in the Hall of Fame (dunno what the requirements were - getting all the stamps?), there’s an easy multiplayer off road championship which gets you 10 points. I may have been hard carried but still managed to finish ahead of most of the “unbeatable” drivatars that made it sound like it was gonna be hard.

 

I saw that was locked, and I guessed the requirements would be beyond me so I didn't bother.

 

If anyone is struggling with seasonal races a tune from the autoshow can make all the difference. The Audi TT one I used for that championship made it laughably easy. Just don't do an upgrade before a tune because I think the tune puts different parts on your car so you may end up wasting money. I'm not 100% on that though, you might have to do both. I'll play some more and see

 

One more thing; where the hell is the house that enables fast travel?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easy eliminator top 30 finish is just avoid the rest of the drivers. You’ll be bored but it’s easy. 
 

Managed to finish the last goal last night so got the full 64 points for the season. The team trial was by far the hardest to land. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm finding the seasonal content/challenges/rewards quite confusing. 

 

I went to the Festival Playlist, selected a Drift challenge. Then got in the requisite car type. Did the challenge and got two stars, but don't seem to have accrued any seasonal points? Do you have to get three stars?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Minion said:

Make sure to go and smash 100 cactuses for some easy seasonal points!

 

I've smashed hundreds (using the accolades for tracking) and this has not unlocked. Which is shit. Any once again sums up the lack of detail. Why can I not see a tracker for progress on this seasonal goal? Simple, clearly something it's doing under the hood, but doesn't fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Parksey said:

I'm finding the seasonal content/challenges/rewards quite confusing. 

 

I went to the Festival Playlist, selected a Drift challenge. Then got in the requisite car type. Did the challenge and got two stars, but don't seem to have accrued any seasonal points? Do you have to get three stars?

 

It probably flashes up something like "wrong car for seasonal challenge". I've got one of the Hoonigan monstrosities but it's not counting because it's a default S2, and the challenge requires an S1, which is at least 150k credits.

 

You can definitely repeat the same Danger Sign for the 6 star one because I did it on the air strip. I'd bet the soeciricit of the car type and rank of car needed is why most people aren't getting their points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

 

I've smashed hundreds (using the accolades for tracking) and this has not unlocked. Which is shit. Any once again sums up the lack of detail. Why can I not see a tracker for progress on this seasonal goal? Simple, clearly something it's doing under the hood, but doesn't fit.

 

Yep I've just noticed it too. I must have cleared any area that would make Brazilian loggers proud but nothing. 

 

Doesn't feel like the Seasonal stuff is implemented that well. It's all lost amongst the loads of menus and icons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use the filter on RB. It was the same on 4, it's a mess until you use the filter.

 

The Auction House is fucked. I had the genius Idea of looking for a cheap drift car but it just tells me it can't retrieve the data. Probably the same thing that's fucking the Forza Shop.

 

Edit: restarting the game fixed it. Guess Quick Resume knackers. Also all the cheap drift cars are dlc cars so I can't buy them :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

 

I've smashed hundreds (using the accolades for tracking) and this has not unlocked. Which is shit. Any once again sums up the lack of detail. Why can I not see a tracker for progress on this seasonal goal? Simple, clearly something it's doing under the hood, but doesn't fit.

 

It popped for me last night after spending a good 10 minutes smashing them, keep at it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.