IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

What controllers are people using on PC, I’m using a 360 with the XBOX dongle thing and the rumble/vibration is pretty weak (turned up to 1) other than when you clatter into something, surface changes are hardly noticeable, are newer controllers better? I don’t necessarily think it’s the controller though as it seems fine in Art of Rally.

3 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Okay, so the increase text size option is average. Lots of elements it doesn't increase and the setting is persisted between consoles, which is annoying in my case. I need max (150%) on the bedroom but normal on the living room

how many games, ever released, would meet your particular criteria?!

11 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

What controllers are people using on PC, I’m using a 360 with the XBOX dongle thing and the rumble/vibration is pretty weak (turned up to 1) other than when you clatter into something, surface changes are hardly noticeable, are newer controllers better? I don’t necessarily think it’s the controller though as it seems fine in Art of Rally.

I've been using an old 360 controller which has been fine so far. Maybe a port issue?

I just did a Horizon Tour event, got bored with that after a race, but the game wouldn't let me quit out until the "drive to the destination" timer had expired, whereupon it dropped me back in the same event I'd just been on then let me access the menu. I hate all this stuff. Not being able to quit cutscenes, not being able to access the pause menu at weird times... It's really quite player unfriendly when you just want to potter about when all the bollocks keeps flashing up and sounds so desperate for you not to leave. 

10 minutes ago, footle said:

how many games, ever released, would meet your particular criteria?!

Probably zero today. And I'm not surprised here really or suggesting it's unique for FH. It just happens to be what I'm playing and it's good enough that I do play it on multiple screens where before I've really just stuck to one game per console (like I'll have an upstairs and downstairs game).

But logically it makes sense to me. Cloud sync and other features target the idea of a user moving their game around to play wherever they are. The could be across multiple consoles, PC and cloud (maybe on a mobile, tablet or TV). All will have different viewing needs for the player so it's going to become more common that games (or platform holders) need/should think about this.

The rough ideal for me would be based on the idea that for any individual player on a specific screen there's a minimal legible font size. That should be a system/screen combination setting that all games must respect.

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

What’s the deal with the weekly Speed Zone? I’ve done it in a A class BMW and it’s showing as ticked off in the map but nothing on the Festival Playlist screen. Is it another bugged one?

is it an a class event? Did you hit the seasonal speed or just the three star speed?

i’ve cleared all of them but playground games and the horizon open stuff

10 minutes ago, footle said:

is it an a class event? Did you hit the seasonal speed or just the three star speed?

i’ve cleared all of them but playground games and the horizon open stuff

I think it was a Quick Resume issue. Restarted and fine now. 

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Also I've never been able to get into the Forzathon shop with "please try again later". So the network issues are already making the whole thing feel glitchy and full of issues.

The forzathon shop thing is on the bug list so will hopefully be a fix in the next patch, I think it effects everyone so really shit that they released the game with it

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

Is there a way that I can see the club leaderboard for the monthly rivals track, rather than just my individual rival’s time? @multi ?

Yes, press X on the leaderboard screen a few times to cycle through the filter options.

I think the trouble is it depends a lot on the races, as there are some where the track itself is quite boring with AI that barely registers as there a lot of the time, and others where you get some reasonably thrilling set pieces, and a more creative route.

I think the trouble is I can't help but prefer a game like Dirt Rally 2, where you really have to tape your eyelids open for the entire tracks, and each tiny bump and camber overcome feels like an achievement. Also it's not full of all the extra bollocks.

@Benny if you're having performance issues on PC it's worth checking (and following) the recommended PC settings in the Resetera PC performance thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/forza-horizon-5-pc-performance-thread.509874/

My performance has been absolutely rock-solid so it must be some setting that is playing up on your specific machine. From that thread, it seems some people get stuttering as their game is streaming in player created avatars, which you can disable.

Yeah, I kind of hate this game, moreso because the driving and the cars are great and everything else is horrible. It’s the Destiny 2 of racing games. 

It’s the ‘games that lose you at hello’ thread incarnate. Except you keep persevering because you can see there’s something worthwhile with this person but they won’t stop shouting your name while they shower you with vomit. 

‘It’s time for another adventure!’, piss off dickheads I just want to race some cars.

5 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Iirc the wired 360 pads had stronger rumble, dont know if you can plug in your wireless one for the same effect?

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

I’ve felt more or less the same but have resisted saying so as it’s clearly a forum darling and people get upset. 

It’s clearly very good, like FH4 was, but to my mind it’s almost exactly the same. It doesn’t look or feel any different. It could have been an island dlc for 4. 

There’s nothing wrong with it - most of it is just me not liking the Horizon set up and style - so it’s on me more than the game, but I played 4 quite a bit and this seems exactly the same game to me. Maybe I just don’t appreciate the differences as I’m not that into it. 

I enjoy a 15 minute whizz about but I’m not sure it’s worth getting the wheel out and it’s taking up 100gb. 

I feel like it's mostly the same as previous FHs as well, but for me this is the first one where there's finally some good wheel support (bugs aside). Love cruising around in this game in a convertible! :wub:

2 hours ago, spatular said:

Iirc the wired 360 pads had stronger rumble, dont know if you can plug in your wireless one for the same effect?

Cheers, not sure you can but I’ll have a look. I think it’s more the game though as at some points it’s quite powerful, just mostly vey muted. I’ll try a different pad too as I have a few lying around.

8 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I'm using a Dualshock 3 and it is really good actually. Nice strong rumble.

Opened up my official wireless headset for the first time and played a few hours of this.

Absolute game changer. Genuinely amazed at the clarity, and connecting to my phone via Bluetooth so I can listen to Spotify whilst playing is just brilliant.

Has anybody had an issue with the Vocho can fly chapter danger jump?

It is just not recording my jump at all.  I have checked to see if it is a common problem, and a few people are saying they have the issue but nobody has posted a fix that I can find.