IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

28 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Woot just got the achievement for driving on all the roads, interestingly it gave it at 574 so had to scout around for the final 3.

Now I can start playing the actual game.

21981C53-6072-4D80-B002-BE9F76A1E659.thumb.png.0c84ad5f8abd0e98436132da4b31a5d3.png

I’m one road short…

The achievement popped around 574 like you said which is a bit weird. No idea where the last one is, the map looks complete 😩

Just now, Kryptonian said:

21981C53-6072-4D80-B002-BE9F76A1E659.thumb.png.0c84ad5f8abd0e98436132da4b31a5d3.png

I’m one road short…

The achievement popped around 574 like you said which is a bit weird. No idea where the last one is, the map looks complete 😩

I noticed a tiny little cul de sac which counted as a road, basically a driveway on a dirt road

Re. the difficulty, it definitely feels a bit inconsistent: the game told me to up it from Highly Skilled to Expert, which I did, and most races I still win first time with everything except ABS and rewind turned off. Some tracks, however, I just cannot seem to win unless I put it back to Highly Skilled again; it sounds silly, I know, but sometimes, no matter how perfectly I take every corner, the first three or four cars just seem faster than mine. And, in my experience, if, in a 3 lap race, you're not in at least the top four by the end of the first lap then you may as well restart the event as it's nigh-on impossible to catch the front runners once they break away on Expert.

Still, I'm very much enjoying this. I'm playing it as a chill out game rather than anything else - Spotify on the headphones, scotch in hand, a little bit of Fruit & Nut on a November Saturday night. Lovely.

I do wonder how long it'll take me before the endless box ticking starts to get away from me, though, and I yearn for something a bit more focused. But, for now, it's great, bar the odd glitch, and the (Gamepass) price is definitely right. I suspect I'll keep this installed for a long time yet, even once I go back to playing other things. It seems made for dipping in and out of.

3 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m one road short…

Try the dirt road on the beach in the far north-eastern corner. That one will be orange already as you did the Expedition there but it won’t actually have registered as being driven if you haven’t returned since.

Just now, pinholestar said:

Try the dirt road on the beach in the far north-eastern corner. That one will be orange already as you did the Expedition there but it won’t actually have registered as being driven if you haven’t returned since.

Already tried it as I saw your post about 20 pages back :lol: I don’t think I’ve done the expedition thing there yet, too busy doing the roads.

I’m led to believe now I have the delorean I don’t need roads so there is that at least.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

Already tried it as I saw your post about 20 pages back :lol: I don’t think I’ve done the expedition thing there yet, too busy doing the roads.

Ahhh dammit. :( It’s probably one of the dotted line dirt roads then. Some of those are really hard to see on the map. Or the ramps onto the freeway can be quite sneaky too. I wish you luck in your quest!

26 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Thanks, I’m sure it’s not gonna irritate me at all :hmm:

i just had a crash, weird parked ghost cars, and the controller battery died… but the most distressing thing was having your tag come up as my bonus board target AND my road discovery target WHILE I’m also watching Man Of Steel…

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Unlocking the road discovery achievement at a few short is a good move IMO. It was a real pain in FH4 if you’d missed some tiny dirt road cul de sac. Basically do it all again and study the map.

The road discovery achievement was unlocked a few short in FH4 too.

This is such the perfect game for cloud synced saves* and multiple Series consoles. Blast around doing events after getting home from the pub in the living room. Wake up and drive a few new roads and do some barn finds in bed. Later I'll pick up again in the living room to do the last expedition.

* Although this is a game that would probably benefit from something more integrated than cloud sync saves. Something implemented in game that meant quick resume could work, almost seamlessly letting me jump from one console to the other (basically a prompt on resume that says "latest state at X time available, sync? Then respawn at house with progress copied across). So like now buy with quick resume.

8 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m one road short…

My last missed one was on the far right hand side, in Playa Azul.

There was a grey dirt track behind a house parallel to the beach, only found after zooming right into the map and then slowly going up and down it section by section.

Is there anyway to use the auction house that isn’t annoying? It seems “1 minute left” means about 5 in reality, but who even knows what that means in terms of when you can place a bid upto. It’s certainly not earth minutes, anyway. 

And what have people used their car vouchers on? It would make sense to spend it on the most expensive car in the game, the 30 million Shelby, but I’m leaning towards the 18M California. 

I think I've had my fill of this now to be honest. Even despite installing on an SSD (PC version) I'm getting near constant stuttering in the game when first booting up. It's as though it's doing some sort of constant streaming in the background when you log on. Weirdly quitting then reloading the game seems to clear it up a bit for no apparent reason.

Also I've never been able to get into the Forzathon shop with "please try again later". So the network issues are already making the whole thing feel glitchy and full of issues.

But then when I got to the actual diving I had the overwhelming sense that I've done all this before when I played FH4 loads. It really is more of the same in a new environment, almost to a fault. And the ramping up of the cutscenes and outside wrapping is just so cringeworthy.

I think I'm out basically, which is a shame as I'd been quite excited by it initially.