IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Got as far the DeLoreon from the seasonal rewards and that's enough for me. I'm not good enough for the seasonal races at Highly Skilled difficulty and after spending 10 minutes trying to get enough drift points to complete the online Festival Challenge and falling 100k short I cannot be bothered to do them again. 

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Skill Points are used on individual cars (Car Mastery) and can help you magnify your rewards while using those cars, as well as more opportunities for getting XP and Wheelspins. So when I drive between events I’m trying to chain skills as much as possible to earn those skill points. That makes for some really fun ‘between race’ gameplay. 

How do skill points and skill chains work in this? I don't think it's something the game ever explains. I seem to get skill points for doing just about everything, but I can rarely chain them together for very long, even if drive half off the road on the way somewhere so I'm constantly wrecking stuff. Do you have to change it up to keep the combo going?

And what do you actually get skills for?

Driving quickly

Drifting

Wrecking stuff

Near misses

Air

Passing other players in races

What else?

@Pobbrilliant post, summarises things nicely. 

@Jamie Johnyes  need to chain these and keep variety.  Pick a fast off road or dirt vehicle and head for a bumpy or hilly area dith scrub and cacti.  You should be able to drift jump and destroy for long stretches with few obstacles to stop you dead.  Also invest in car perks which aid skill chains. 

59 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

@Pobbrilliant post, summarises things nicely. 

@Jamie Johnyes  need to chain these and keep variety.  Pick a fast off road or dirt vehicle and head for a bumpy or hilly area dith scrub and cacti.  You should be able to drift jump and destroy for long stretches with few obstacles to stop you dead.  Also invest in car perks which aid skill chains. 

@Jamie John

On top of this watch out for the skill songs which appear at random on the radio assuming you own the Cassa Bella property. As these double up your skill chains allowing you to unlock stuff much quicker.  Listen out in particular for the classic music station songs, as some of those are 6 or 7 minutes long and allow you to unlock a massive number of points, which will level you up numerous times in the early game and provide more skills for your cars(s) to make it easier to pick up yet more points.

Club news!

Look at our @Ry here sitting in 7,391th place on the accolade Hall Of Fame leaderboards with over 500,000 accolade points!

As a comparison, I've been playing this quite a bit and my ranking is 2,219,733.

That is very impressive dedication @Ry and I doff my backward baseball cap to you 🍻

PXL_20211113_205216167.thumb.jpg.13b2728c3ce9623a63185afd3776cbb9.jpg

I’ve been playing for a few hours tonight (my first proper session since release), and have a few observations:

The Block Party radio station has Beastie Boys and Run DMC vs Jason Nevin, so is the best one by default

The Goliath is amazing! I came first

You can auto-upgrade your cars, which is a great shortcut

This game is really amazing, and structured better than 4 (although I confess I’ve no idea what that game was like at launch, and so is not necessarily a fair comparison)

6 hours ago, ryodi said:

Got as far the DeLoreon from the seasonal rewards and that's enough for me. I'm not good enough for the seasonal races at Highly Skilled difficulty and after spending 10 minutes trying to get enough drift points to complete the online Festival Challenge and falling 100k short I cannot be bothered to do them again. 

I struggled at first but they're easy enough if you choose to tune your car before the first race and just download a community tuned setup at the max allowed level for those races. I feel your pain on the drift challenges though.