Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Ry said:

 

Where did you find it? I'm pretty sure I'm in the right spot but its not there. 

 

Next to the greenhouse type tents, if you have the same bug then the huge circle area will disappear and you will have an icon where it is. I take it you've tried reloading?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Minion said:

 

Next to the greenhouse type tents, if you have the same bug then the huge circle area will disappear and you will have an icon where it is. I take it you've tried reloading?

 

Never even had a big circle area appear. I just guessed it's the greenhouse rents to the south west I think it was and drove about. 

 

Tried reloading and no joy. I think these seasonal objectives are just fucked for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ry said:

 

Never even had a big circle area appear. I just guessed it's the greenhouse rents to the south west I think it was and drove about. 

 

Tried reloading and no joy. I think these seasonal objectives are just fucked for me. 

 

Damn!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Damn!

 

Just got it! Third time lucky. 

 

No fucking achievement though (again).

 

I'm assuming now you need to get the treasure for every season in a row. Spring, summer, autumn, winter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Vimster said:

What's a good online-with-randos event to try for someone who is absolutely useless at online racing, wants to have a go but doesn't want to be about 20 seconds behind everyone else like they were when they tried this sort of thing last time?

 

Go to online section and play the playground games. There's a king of the hill, infected and a host of others. 

 

You can also do co-op races against AI.

 

Try the normal racing anyway, if you have a decent car you might do better than think. There's so much variety in cars getting used by others players that it opens the field , although I'm finding I'm destroying most players right now as I have nearly every car in the game and a bunch of maxed out stats for each category (S1,S2 etc). Just make sure you pick the right car for the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ry said:

 

Go to online section and play the playground games. There's a king of the hill, infected and a host of others. 

 

You can also do co-op races against AI.

 

Try the normal racing anyway, if you have a decent car you might do better than think. There's so much variety in cars getting used by others players that it opens the field , although I'm finding I'm destroying most players right now as I have nearly every car in the game and a bunch of maxed out stats for each category (S1,S2 etc). Just make sure you pick the right car for the event.


Have you done anything else for the last week, including sleep! 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not really having much fun with this, if I'm honest. I'm finding driving between each event on the map to be a chore, and I'm wishing I could fast travel everywhere without having to work to unlock it all.

  

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Yay I bought my first Ferrari, a 458 in an auction :)

 

Black F40 here. Along with the souped up version of the Peugeot 207, these are the only cars I'm interested in. 

 

I'm a bit lost now that I've got them. I have no other goals to aim for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Anyone else finding it hard to get a difficulty sweet spot? Playing on expert I can barely make the top 3 unless it’s a dirt race. On highly skilled I walk it. It seems like the AI cars on expert are just faster than mine.


I’m playing on Expert and it can be really fucking hard in some races. Once you reach that level you have to have a properly tuned car and make very few mistakes to have any chance. It sometimes feels that unless you’ve made an AWD conversion that’ll get you off the line quickly you’re fucked before you’ve even begun because the AI will just blast off into the distance and be miles ahead after a few corners. It’s definitely harder than FH4, in which I could comfortably win races on Pro, which is one level harder.
 

The AI is much more egregious in its cheating bullshit in this one too. Especially doing cross-country races they’ll routinely take corners at absurd speeds without braking that are impossible for you to do the same on and there’s a lot of rubber-banding going on too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

I was playing on normal and doing really badly… fuck that. So I put it down to novice and now it’s too easy.

 

the difficulty scaling is fucked in this tbf. I’ll continue on novice in the hope that it gets a bit harder.

 


I’m mostly ok on circuit races, cars towards the top end of a band, and above average. At a stretch, I’ll win in highly skilled.
 

But I don’t know that the difficulty scaling is fucked - you probably need to play on normal and choose a more competitive car, rather than hope novice gets harder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played another hour or so this evening. I'm enjoying it but I don't understand a lot of it, and the sheer amount of stuff popping up all the bloody time is annoying.

 

Questions:

 

- When I loaded up the game this time it said I was now in "summer" and I had 29 days to complete a load of different time-sensitive events. I guess this is like an online season thing? I played one time-sensitive event and came first, then went to play a different, non-time-sensitive event, but a box popped up to say that, if I did, I would lose my progress in the current championship I was in. I didn't even realise I was in a championship at the time. Is this the time-limited events thing? Do I have to complete all of the time-limited events once I start them?

 

- What's the 'Festival Playlist' in the first page of the pause menu? Is this linked to the seasonal online stuff?

 

- What's to stop you from just using the car with the highest numbers in a specific category/class for every single race? In road races, for example, where I can choose from most cars, why wouldn't I just choose my S2 level McClaren every time? Or my A-rated rally car for off-road races?

 

- Is there a reason why, in a race, the game puts the names of people in your friend's list above the CPU-controlled cars? I just find it very odd. Apparently I had about five races this evening with @sir stiff_one, @MikeBeaver, @Jonster and others from the forum, but it wasn't them at all, really.

 

Anyway, like I say, I am enjoying it, but I thought it would be a lot less overwhelming if I played it when it first came out, unlike FH4, which I came to over a year after its release and found very difficult to get in with. I still don't truly understand what the objective of the game is or what accolades really are. Is it just as simple as unlock stuff to unlock more stuff, rinse and repeat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would seem to make sense @pinholestar. I have the AMC Buick and I copied someone’s setup for it. It is a speed demon with 10 launch. It almost breaks expert difficulty with how good it is. That’s why I decided to try my other cars, just default set up, as I have no idea how to adjust them correctly. Pretty much all the AI cars blaze away from me right from the start. No chance I can catch the top 2 inside of 3 laps. Would probably need 20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I played another hour or so this evening. I'm enjoying it but I don't understand a lot of it, and the sheer amount of stuff popping up all the bloody time is annoying.

 

Questions:

 

- When I loaded up the game this time it said I was now in "summer" and I had 29 days to complete a load of different time-sensitive events. I guess this is like an online season thing? I played one time-sensitive event and came first, then went to play a different, non-time-sensitive event, but a box popped up to say that, if I did, I would lose my progress in the current championship I was in. I didn't even realise I was in a championship at the time. Is this the time-limited events thing? Do I have to complete all of the time-limited events once I start them?

 

- What's the 'Festival Playlist' in the first page of the pause menu? Is this linked to the seasonal online stuff?

 

- What's to stop you from just using the car with the highest numbers in a specific category/class for every single race? In road races, for example, where I can choose from most cars, why wouldn't I just choose my S2 level McClaren every time? Or my A-rated rally car for off-road races?

 

- Is there a reason why, in a race, the game puts the names of people in your friend's list above the CPU-controlled cars? I just find it very odd. Apparently I had about five races this evening with @sir stiff_one, @MikeBeaver, @Jonster and others from the forum, but it wasn't them at all, really.

 

Anyway, like I say, I am enjoying it, but I thought it would be a lot less overwhelming if I played it when it first came out, unlike FH4, which I came to over a year after its release and found very difficult to get in with. I still don't truly understand what the objective of the game is or what accolades really are. Is it just as simple as unlock stuff to unlock more stuff, rinse and repeat?


so…

there are seasons that run over a month, and then weekly series.

Each offer some specific events and cars etc. to unlock. They’re another way of doing things you’d not normally do.

 

im not sure about the championship: normally you can have one running championship, and as long as you don’t do a championship event elsewhere (but there are multiple simultaneously running) you’ll be fine.

 

there is nothing stopping you using any particular car, except that you’ll be grouped with cars of a similar level in any case. I.e. group d cars with group d. Group S2 with S2. The seasons thing is, I think, intended to help break you out of that. But if you want to drive one car all the time go for it.

 

the drivatars are a forza thing. Mostly I’ll see certain players fly off into the distance, just as they would in real life, but I have a lot of long time forza players in my friends list. I think they’re only really mimicking a limited subset of stuff at lower levels though. Boozy might fly off the road a lot, but meatball is never going to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I played another hour or so this evening. I'm enjoying it but I don't understand a lot of it, and the sheer amount of stuff popping up all the bloody time is annoying.

 

Questions:

 

- When I loaded up the game this time it said I was now in "summer" and I had 29 days to complete a load of different time-sensitive events. I guess this is like an online season thing? I played one time-sensitive event and came first, then went to play a different, non-time-sensitive event, but a box popped up to say that, if I did, I would lose my progress in the current championship I was in. I didn't even realise I was in a championship at the time. Is this the time-limited events thing? Do I have to complete all of the time-limited events once I start them?

 

- What's the 'Festival Playlist' in the first page of the pause menu? Is this linked to the seasonal online stuff?

 

- What's to stop you from just using the car with the highest numbers in a specific category/class for every single race? In road races, for example, where I can choose from most cars, why wouldn't I just choose my S2 level McClaren every time? Or my A-rated rally car for off-road races?

 

- Is there a reason why, in a race, the game puts the names of people in your friend's list above the CPU-controlled cars? I just find it very odd. Apparently I had about five races this evening with @sir stiff_one, @MikeBeaver, @Jonster and others from the forum, but it wasn't them at all, really.

 

Anyway, like I say, I am enjoying it, but I thought it would be a lot less overwhelming if I played it when it first came out, unlike FH4, which I came to over a year after its release and found very difficult to get in with. I still don't truly understand what the objective of the game is or what accolades really are. Is it just as simple as unlock stuff to unlock more stuff, rinse and repeat?


I’m guessing it’s a bit like time trial

ghosts and the opposition are AI following the racing line of people from your friends list who have played that track.

 

I managed to have a race with my nephew, brother in law and 9 other forumites from my friends list (none of whom were playing the game at the time).


Appropriately as @Nate Dogg III termed this a dad game my 11 year old nephew won.

 

Anyway I don’t normally care for driving games Mario Kart aside but this is certainly very pretty and diverting on first mess around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

It sometimes feels that unless you’ve made an AWD conversion that’ll get you off the line quickly you’re fucked before you’ve even begun because the AI will just blast off into the distance and be miles ahead after a few corners.


It doesn’t help that there’s no countdown/lights or time for you to find your revs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a cracking couple of hours on it tonight, especially once I wheelspin won a Koenigsegg Jesko.  It truly is a stunning looking game, even at 350 mph!!!!

 

One thing notably missing from this realisation of Mexico though is any major cities.  We got Edinburgh in FH4, so I wonder if Mexico City is planned down the line as DLC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

That would seem to make sense @pinholestar. I have the AMC Buick and I copied someone’s setup for it. It is a speed demon with 10 launch. It almost breaks expert difficulty with how good it is. That’s why I decided to try my other cars, just default set up, as I have no idea how to adjust them correctly. Pretty much all the AI cars blaze away from me right from the start. No chance I can catch the top 2 inside of 3 laps. Would probably need 20.

 

Yeah I had a similar experience and it wasn't until I began to delve into the tuning aspect that I felt like I had a chance. I get the impression that they've calibrated it so that stock untuned cars can have a decent chance on Highly Skilled and below, but anything above that and you'll need a car that has been tinkered with. I may be wrong but that's how it's felt to me anyway.

 

I've been using the ForzaTune app which is pretty decent for giving you a good baseline to work off. Seems to output some pretty good set-ups and you can tinker with it to suit your preferred driving style if what it gives you doesn't feel quite right. There's a free version and also a paid Pro version for a fiver which will output gear ratios and stuff. It's helped to add an extra dimension to the game for me, so I feel like it's worth it. 

 

Or you could just download the most popular tunes and work with those as they're generally going to be really good. Only problem with that is that they're pretty much all AWD conversion grip monsters so tend to rip the character out of a lot of cars, which is not what I'm after in some cases.

 

The beauty of the Horizon games for me though is that they're such highly customisable experiences. It caters for everything from people who just want to arse about and hurtle down the side of a volcano in Del Boy's Robin Reliant right up to the hardcore petrolheads who will spend hours in the tuning menu getting everything just right. You can leave it on a lower difficulty and just have fun bashing your way around tracks using other cars as barriers or try and become legitimately good at the game and delve into its deeper aspects. You can attempt every race in a sluggish hatchback designed for middle-aged Japanese mums or blow your eyeballs out the back of your head in some sleek, modern hypercar beast, it's all up to you. The concept of freedom permeates every aspect of the game and I think it's something that Playground pull off incredibly well, even if it can be a bit overwhelming in terms of choice at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.