Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

This is quite a specific question...

 

For those that have already poked around in the options menus, is it possible to exclude specific friends from becoming Drivatars? A good friend of mine passed away a few years ago. I've still got him on my friends list because it feels disrespectful to remove him, and I like occasionally booting up an old game and seeing him in the high score charts, stuff like that. But I don't particularly want to see his corpse driving around in Forza Horizon 5. Is there any kind of granularity here or is it simply Drivatars on or off?


Could be worth trying to ask the developers and if it isn’t an option it could be in the future.

 

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davejm said:

 

Apparently not just Fanatec wheels.  Just some wheels in general, and doesn't seem to affect everyone! 

 

this wheel bug - does anyone know if it's pc/xbox/both?

 

fh4 had a wheel bug at launch too, took them a while to fix it, but it didn't involve crashing so hopefully this one is a higher priority.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

 

Pick your favourite car and go for a drive on some tarmac roads that aren't too straight and aren't too twisty. Don't bother with the clutch, ever.  Turn off the radio so you can hear the engine and don't concentrate on going hyper fast.  You'll learn when to go up or down a gear by the sound of the engine note.  It will either sound high-pitched and repetitive (bouncing off the rev limiter, so go up) or bogged down and no acceleration (so go down a couple).  Once you get a feel for when to go up / down by sound, then start sort of sprinting between corners - accelerate hard out of the corner and gear change, then slow down well before hand and gear change.  Think of it as button combos in a QTE - brake + gear down, throttle + gear up.

 

Just to add to this - I'm typically a very casual racing game fan, and use automatic gears generally, but in FH I like the manual gears.  The tachometer is BIG, so you only need to keep an eye on if you're hitting the limit (when it turns red and the car sounds angry) - in which case shift up - or if the car isn't accelerating very quickly - in which case shift down.  I find it to be a much more rewarding game for this - but does mean my automatic-driving friend always beats me when we race online!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

This is quite a specific question...

 

For those that have already poked around in the options menus, is it possible to exclude specific friends from becoming Drivatars? A good friend of mine passed away a few years ago. I've still got him on my friends list because it feels disrespectful to remove him, and I like occasionally booting up an old game and seeing him in the high score charts, stuff like that. But I don't particularly want to see his corpse driving around in Forza Horizon 5. Is there any kind of granularity here or is it simply Drivatars on or off?

 

Sorry for your loss, mate.

 

Is it maybe possible to block the account instead of removing it? Maybe that will filter his drivatar out of the game.

 

If you feel comfortable doing it that way, that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

This is quite a specific question...

 

For those that have already poked around in the options menus, is it possible to exclude specific friends from becoming Drivatars? A good friend of mine passed away a few years ago. I've still got him on my friends list because it feels disrespectful to remove him, and I like occasionally booting up an old game and seeing him in the high score charts, stuff like that. But I don't particularly want to see his corpse driving around in Forza Horizon 5. Is there any kind of granularity here or is it simply Drivatars on or off?

 

This is entirely subjective and I totally respect your preference here, but I think I'd quite like this myself. It's kind of cool to me that he lives on in this small and very specific way, popping up in your game from time to time to race alongside you. But I can 100% see what you're saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain what the point of pinning objectives to your screen (above the map) is? You can do it either directly from the accolades screen or by telling Anna you want accolades, but all it does is put a little note on the screen saying what you need to do. It doesn't tell you where you need to go to do it, which is particularly annoying (and confusing at first) when you do it via Anna as you'd expect the sat nav to direct you to whatever you're asking for.

 

Anyway after several days of absolutely hammering the game I've finished all the Horizon Adventure tickets, done all the story chapters and won each of the big races (Goliath, Marathon etc.) and been inducted to the hall of fame so now I'm "just" picking off random races. I only have two items ticked on the map filter: new events and bonus boards. It means for now the map is still hugely cluttered but it also means there's plenty to do/find literally everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JimmytheMook said:

 

Found the club on the app and joined but it's not showing up in the dashboard in game. Not sure what that's all about.

It doesn't activate immediately - keep playing and maybe restart, it will show up.

4 minutes ago, denisb said:

So quality or performance mode ??

Quality all the way, but I'm more a tourist than a serious racer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

It doesn't activate immediately - keep playing and maybe restart, it will show up.

Quality all the way, but I'm more a tourist than a serious racer.


that’s what I was thinking I just want it to be pretty not sure my laptop 3060 could do any better ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Quest said:

How do I know which races are in my current championship? I started one and can't remember which icon indicates the remaining races.

 

The map in these games only seems to get worse.

Aren't the races just separated into types on this? So you have blue (on road) racing and green (off road racing)? Not really got that deep into it yet but keep doing say green races and eventually you'll run out of green races to do? 

 

Not sure....but that's my plan of attack. As for the map being cluttered - right bumper button whilst on the map will let you filter on events you want to focus on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So had another blast a lunchtime on this. Got another barn find. They seem to take a while on this to get fixed up though? I've now got two barn finds and can't even access the first yet... although it seems I can fast track it for 300K credits or something. Which is clearly by design. How long do they take to unlock out of interest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MattyP said:

So had another blast a lunchtime on this. Got another barn find. They seem to take a while on this to get fixed up though? I've now got two barn finds and can't even access the first yet... although it seems I can fast track it for 300K credits or something. Which is clearly by design. How long do they take to unlock out of interest?

 

I'm not really interested in barn finds, but I've found a few anyway just from pootling around. Where do you look to find out what's happening to the cars you found? (Until now I'd forgotten all about them.) Also, as I tend to ignore the barn find notifications, is my map going to end up completely covered in purple blobs or do they time out after a while?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a quick hour or so on this at lunch and it really is sublime to play.  Thought I'd try turning traction control off and it makes such a massive difference to drifting and also during races too - I felt much more in control.  Anyway - some more points added to the club!!

 

My son has his own Game Pass account so I'm looking forward to playing with him later once he's done his homework.  And no, I didn't buy him the premium content so he could play it 5 days early.  I want to enjoy just 1 day when he hasn't got the upper hand on me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Darren said:

 

I'm not really interested in barn finds, but I've found a few anyway just from pootling around. Where do you look to find out what's happening to the cars you found? (Until now I'd forgotten all about them.) Also, as I tend to ignore the barn find notifications, is my map going to end up completely covered in purple blobs or do they time out after a while?

You used to get a update over the comms when it has been unlocked and ready to use (in previous versions) so you'd just drive to the festival garage and pick it up.

 

Not sure about them timing out but I guess you can filter them out on the map?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

You used to get a update over the comms when it has been unlocked and ready to use (in previous versions) so you'd just drive to the festival garage and pick it up.

 

Not sure about them timing out but I guess you can filter them out on the map?

 

You definitely can filter them out but when I turn the filters off my map's already got more purple on it than a UKIP poster.

 

(Please don't move this to the politics folder!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, spatular said:

 

this wheel bug - does anyone know if it's pc/xbox/both?

 

fh4 had a wheel bug at launch too, took them a while to fix it, but it didn't involve crashing so hopefully this one is a higher priority.

 

 

I tried today's Fanatec beta drivers at lunchtime; and did two missions without a crash.  And couldn't even finish a mission before.  Will try some more missions this evening!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Darren said:

Can anyone explain what the point of pinning objectives to your screen (above the map) is? You can do it either directly from the accolades screen or by telling Anna you want accolades, but all it does is put a little note on the screen saying what you need to do. It doesn't tell you where you need to go to do it, which is particularly annoying (and confusing at first) when you do it via Anna as you'd expect the sat nav to direct you to whatever you're asking for.

 

It does.  If you pin the accolade for (e.g.) a danger sign, then the satnav switches to route you to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Aren't the races just separated into types on this? So you have blue (on road) racing and green (off road racing)? Not really got that deep into it yet but keep doing say green races and eventually you'll run out of green races to do? 

 

Not sure....but that's my plan of attack. As for the map being cluttered - right bumper button whilst on the map will let you filter on events you want to focus on.

 

I think I did the first race in a three part championship. If I try to start another race it warns me I'll abandon the current championship, but the map is so cluttered I have no idea which ones I should be doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

The ones from their site? Did you use 415 when it still crashed?

 

Yeah, was definitely crashing with 415.  Using 428 now.  I don't want to say this has solved it, as I could have got lucky with the two missions I did.  But fingers crossed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

Yeah, was definitely crashing with 415.  Using 428 now.  I don't want to say this has solved it, as I could have got lucky with the two missions I did.  But fingers crossed!

 

Right. I hope it's fixed for you with 428, keep us posted though!

Can't test it myself today, got other stuff going on. 😓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Plissken said:

 

It does.  If you pin the accolade for (e.g.) a danger sign, then the satnav switches to route you to it.

 

Oh right - that hasn't happened for me yet, but perhaps I've been picking (or rather Anna's been randomly selecting) the wrong type of accolades. I can see why some wouldn't have directions (e.g. "drive on all the roads" etc.) but so far I haven't had one that's directed me anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very close to exhausting all the single player content. Getting 3 stars in drift is always my Achilles's heel. Will get there eventually though. 

 

Getting the achievement for the different arcade type completion is going to be a pain and they are impossible on your own. No one seems to do them. I suppose the club could team up and we could do it no worries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.