IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, layten said:

You have done nothing but try to put a negative spin on anything to do with this game since it was announced. Remember how you tried that bullshit about the off road racing a while back, and everyone called your nonsense then? Now you have put in about 5 minutes by the sounds of it and are straight in here, and despite a number of people saying they find the off road racing to be incredible fun you were immediately on it with the same old schtick. So excuse me if I give your nonsense the response it is deserving of.

Now I am annoyed I have wasted my time responding to a troll when I could be playing the finest console racing game so far released.

I hope you’re happy with the way you’ve treated me here when you look back on it, I don’t think my post deserved your insults,  I could retaliate but I’m not going to. Enjoy the game.

5 hours ago, spanx said:

Could someone recommend a) a good beginner car option (inc tuning) to learn drifting in and b) somewhere good to practise just holding a drift etc. Really struggling to get the hang of it

52 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Without wanting to be insulting, this great accessibility thing might be handy if you’re trying to figure out the nuances of drifting. 

16 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The little buggies are great fun for off road races. Nippy accelerating things with a single gear and fun bouncy handling, but very low top speed, which they reach in about 4 seconds once you upgrade them a bit.

Yeah I love them.

I think this game is absolutely fantastic. Waited until everyone went to bed and then I tried it with the headset, OMG. 

46 minutes ago, Graham S said:

Without wanting to be insulting, this great accessibility thing might be handy if you’re trying to figure out the nuances of drifting. 

We just need to normalize the use of accessibility options.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

That is such a good idea. Again, build that stuff into the platform. Let all games have these options.

The Goliath road race was just amazing, I need to go back and do that again (perhaps as the seasons vary). It's made me realize that as much as I liked the idea of hooning it about the UK, it doesn't make for much of a varied map, unfortunately. It does make me wonder how the holy grail of Forza Horizon Japan that we all want would work.

Looks spectacular on a PC only slightly less powerful than Deep Thought. I like the new touches in terms of lighting and world detail. Handling is vastly improved on a pad too - looking forward to trying it on a wheel. 

But I am having quite a few crashes... :( Have updated drivers etc - could be the servers are stressed as it crashed twice at a point where an achievement was awarded....

Also - 5 games in, could Playground hire someone who can draw faces? 

24 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

But I am having quite a few crashes

Have you tried using the brakes? :hat: 

Its been rock solid for me on W11, even with a load of crap running in the background. Sorry I have nothing more constructive to add.

Happy Forza day to those that celebrate!

I’ve seen a few posts with some tips on settings like turning off all assists. Anything else I need to know? 

Seems like like the 30 FPS quality mode is the way to go on Series S? (I think I saw on a recent digitalfoundry video)

Also: please add me if you want some shit lap times to easily beat. I’ve been away from an Xbox pad for so long not only is my friends list pretty barren, I also keep getting the A and B buttons mixed up!

Gamertag: Sarlaccfood2

I’m playing on performance mode on series S. People say it has pop in etc. but it all moves by so fast I don’t notice. I tried quality for comparison and the only apparent difference was that it wasn’t as smooth, so 60fps wins for me.

47 minutes ago, layten said:

Have you tried using the brakes? :hat: 

Its been rock solid for me on W11, even with a load of crap running in the background. Sorry I have nothing more constructive to add.

Kekw

Crashes seem to have cleared - I think it must've been server authentication problems or summat.

I fired this up on the ballers launch day edition date and was a little ‘meh’ as it all felt very familiar and the opening to any Forza Horizon game is an utter cringe fest, I dont think i was paying much attention for the first session. However I played it earlier today and my god, its a stunner - 60fps mode obv but on the Series X it just looks incredible with so much more detail and density compared to FH4 but one of the big surprises is how good it sounds, the cars obv not the radio ;) 

Seems like next gen has finally started!

I have never played a Forza game before!

After playing 10 minutes of this, my eyes have popped.

The opening sequences are such a wonderful way of introducing the mechanics to you - do they do this with all the Horizon games? 

Also, after going from an arcade racer - Horizon Chase Turbo - the feel is going to take a bit of getting used to. 

But, man it feels good already.

Edit: 30fps or 60fps? 

I haven't changed over to 60fps yet, but the way they've implemented things, 30fps is possibly the smoothest 30fps I've seen in a game.