IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

When should you use the A button brake as opposed to the LT brake? I feel like the game never really explains this or how to drift well. Sometimes I go into a really nice drift and I can't tell if it's just because the car I'm in at the time is geared towards drifting or if I fluked it.

I was never really able to consistently pull off drifts in 3 or 4 either.

39 minutes ago, Pob said:

@Yoshimax do you reckon it's worth starting a thread for the rllmuk club?

Might not be a bad idea I just happened to have the game on and some time hence the rabid adding I'd imagine come tomorrow it could blow right up and given the club can hold 2000 people it could get messy

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Weird. FH4 felt really smooth in 4K @ 30fps on Xbone. A textbook example how 30fps can be done right.

30fps on this is much better than it was in FH4. Unfortunately, I've now played 60fps+ 4k quality on the PC so there's no going back.

2 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Yes, and if we could have some mucking about sessions and Reliant Robin races too I'd be up for that. Will leave the hardcore racing for the hardcore racers. 

Yeah. Some races where bumping in to each other is not considered a bannable offence. Mainly because I’m not very good at racing cleanly yet 😕 

6 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Might be missing something but it looks like you can't co-op the story mode stuff like you could in FH4. Might just be that the convoy stuff was broken when I tried at lunchtime, however it kept wanting to return me to single player.

We did some the other night and it worked - it puts your convoy as one team and the remainder as the other team. Not sure of all the options it's a bit of an anomaly the whole online thing we just created a convoy, got everyone in then I as host drove to various story events and triggered them. The matchmaking etc are seperate in-menu options.

The BR mode is quite good fun from what I played. Ripping headlong across the fields preying there's no big trees ahead.

Having said all that and the servers seeming more stable today I can't help but think it's going to be absolute carnage tomorrow given the numbers already online.

2 hours ago, Hodge said:

One thing I do like about 5, it's not throwing you in blind to races anymore and recommends cars for the races you enter. 

I love my Scooby and I ended up doing most of FH4 that way, but I like how instead of groups it actually gives you a recommended selection of cars before a race, which of course you can skip and go with your current. Of course, I bought all the Scoobies so end up in those often, but I'm definitely driving more cars now I'm easily given a choice. Still prefer the more sedate cars mind, the BRZ is gloriously slidey. I wish I could justify a 2+2, I'd go and actually buy one of those :) 

17 minutes ago, spanx said:

Yeah. Some races where bumping in to each other is not considered a bannable offence. Mainly because I’m not very good at racing cleanly yet 😕 

It's how I stay on the track during normal races. Despite getting better at braking I'm normally hitting the sides or making an opponent spin out, mind you I see the AI doing it. So yes, races with people who won't flip out because I ruined their perfect racing line. 

Pretty sure every new Forza goes the same way....

:wub:

Select Classical radio station when available

Download loyalty cars

Download tunes for 1x racer and 1x off road.

Narrowly miss one 3* target

Spend ages getting that elusive few mph or whatever whilst going crazy with skill.songs.and knocking off the easy boards.

Great stuff. 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

When should you use the A button brake as opposed to the LT brake? I feel like the game never really explains this or how to drift well. Sometimes I go into a really nice drift and I can't tell if it's just because the car I'm in at the time is geared towards drifting or if I fluked it.

I was never really able to consistently pull off drifts in 3 or 4 either.

If you've got traction control on you won't be able to properly drift. Turn it off and feather the LT brake as you're going into a bend and the back of the car will swing out and you'll be drifting. Failing that a tap of the A button will put you into an E-Drift which is the same but different. 

9 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

If you've got traction control on you won't be able to properly drift. Turn it off and feather the LT brake as you're going into a bend and the back of the car will swing out and you'll be drifting. Failing that a tap of the A button will put you into an E-Drift which is the same but different. 

Aaahhhhhhhhh! That might explain a lot. 

I think the barn finds have glitched for me. 

I have found the last 2 and they are just sitting at "Painting" and not available to collect. Been that way for a number of hours. 

I have won every event and only have the drift zones left to do. You would think they would be available by now. 

Won't take me much longer to 100% the game. I'm leaving the drift zones until last as a always find them the hardest.

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

No, you need to progress, so it will probably require you knocking off those drift zones.

Do you have them all?

Will just keeping doing the drift Ones. Think there's a story event I need to finish as well. 

21 minutes ago, Ry said:

Do you have them all?

Will just keeping doing the drift Ones. Think there's a story event I need to finish as well. 

No, not even close to finishing it.  It's just that previous FHs unlocked things based on progress and I'm assuming that they haven't changed it.  So for instance, in previous games certain XP and fast travel boards appeared only after you reached a particular XP level.

For FH3 I bought the treasure map and smashed all the boards while still being at a fairly low XP level. (I like exploring.)  This gave me a couple of barn finds and then stopped.  I then went through a stage where after every couple of races, the game was firing barn finds at me.  I'd clearly broken the algorithm.