IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Just played a few races. Tried performance and quality mode. Has to be performance. Quality feels to sluggish and tbh noticed very little difference graphically. 

One thing I do like about 5, it's not throwing you in blind to races anymore and recommends cars for the races you enter. 

Loving it up to yet though!

1 hour ago, Minion said:

I won't be starting to play till tomorrow on PC but please can someone add me to the club unless it's xbox only? xx SIMULANT xx  (I know, I know, it's shit, apologies)

1 hour ago, Hewson said:

Would also love an invite to the club if possible: ChrisMoranUK

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Can someone invite me too please?

ScoobieSi

32 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

Can I please have an invite to the club - Vivsjack

17 minutes ago, Valver said:

Just fired this up on PC - can I get in on the club action too please:  "MIRV Valver"

14 minutes ago, davejm said:

And me... "dmoscrop" :)

6 minutes ago, Loony Jetman said:

Please could someone send me a club invitation?

Loony Jetman 2

Thanks!

All done

This is the first club I have actually joined thanks to Yoshimax, as it is something I have never been bothered with before.  

But what are the actual benefits to make the most of it?  I assume online racing, drivatar leaderboards but what else?

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Not done a great deal of online racing with anything and in the past have embarrassed myself joining forum racing but I feel I'm missing out half the game by not engaging with the online side. Didn't delve into it in FH4. Is it just straight-up racing or are there other events too? Haven't a clue about it. Cheers.

There's all sorts of events but I'm not sure how FH5 does it nowadays.

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

Just played a few races. Tried performance and quality mode. Has to be performance. Quality feels to sluggish and tbh noticed very little difference graphically. 

The graphical difference is very noticeable I think. The pop-in is a bit distracting on performance.

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

Weird. FH4 felt really smooth in 4K @ 30fps on Xbone. A textbook example how 30fps can be done right.

26 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Club invite please - Hitcher.

Cheers.

26 minutes ago, evilashchris said:

evilashchris in pls! x

15 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Another request for the club please! - Scruffy75

9 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Please can I have an invite too?  GT is Boothjan

Sterling work with all this admin!!

Interviewee never showed up so all done :D

30 minutes ago, Meers said:

And the aliasing? I'll be playing on both XBoneX and PC.

It doesn't use TAA (like a lot of AAA titles these days), so it's a slight problem for me.  I can mitigate this by turning on 8xMSAA (the 3080 helps here), but there's noticeable shimmering and aliasing.  But then again:-

1. I'm bloody sensitive to it
  2. I have the monitor sat right on top of my wheel base, so I'm very close to it

35 minutes ago, Meers said:

Weird. FH4 felt really smooth in 4K @ 30fps on Xbone. A textbook example how 30fps can be done right.

Its the same as FH3/4. So if you thought 30fps was fine on them, you be at home on FH5. Its down to preference on a individual basis.  For me 60fps is the standard in racing games ever since playing Sega games in the arcades in the 90s.  30fps just feels so unresponsive compared to 60fps. The gains on performance mode far out weigh the losses IMO.