IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

20 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

How did you change the region on PC?

Just in the timezone settings.. just hope it works and the Xbox app isn't overly clever. See what happens at 11:00... no great problems if it doesn't work just play a bit later thats all. Happy to wait to be honest have plenty of work to be getting on with... :) 

12 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Regarding the Club, I think that I've joined (I can see Boozy's posts in an XBox style menu) but in FH5 itself it just shows "Find and join a club" and I can't find any way to see club stats.  Any advice?

Quit the game and restart, if you're on xbox. It doesn't seem to work properly until you do.

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Just in the timezone settings.. just hope it works and the Xbox app isn't overly clever. See what happens at 11:00... no great problems if it doesn't work just play a bit later thats all. Happy to wait to be honest have plenty of work to be getting on with... :) 

And no its not overly clever at all.. just set your regional settings to New Zealand and good to go:-

image.thumb.png.14b52d7167402bb53f302d5960923637.png

Now to just update my graphics drivers and time for a quick blast... :)

Worked a charm for me.  

I have just completed the first showcase (Wing & a Prayer) and it is bloody stunning so far, Loving it.

I would appreciate a club invite for ‘Waggo’ when anyone gets the chance please.  Cheers in advance.

42 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

If somebody could whack a club invite over to BitterToad that’d be lovely/appreciated. 

29 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Worked a charm for me.  

I have just completed the first showcase (Wing & a Prayer) and it is bloody stunning so far, Loving it.

I would appreciate a club invite for ‘Waggo’ when anyone gets the chance please.  Cheers in advance.

Both added!

@Meers I've chucked you one as well.

Looks great running at 1440p@ a rock solid 60fps on my ageing PC setup. So looks like its really well optimised.

Just completed the first showcase... it was OK... enjoyed the opening showcases much more on the older Horizons TBH. Thought they might have made a bit more effort on changing things around a bit.. bikes and plane... guess its a Forza Horizon trademark. If you are new to the series though its a good intro...

18 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Course you can.

Goody. Means that I don't have to move the Xbox from the living room to the loft* where my sim rig is. If I can figure out how to trick the Xbox account on my PC that it's in New Zealand, I could be playing this tonight!

*I prefer not to stream Xbox racing games. Too much input lag and compressed visuals.

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

Has anyone tried a wheel with FH5 yet?

Sort of.  Feels OK.  Nothing like what we're used to with the sims, but it feels nice enough to prefer playing with the wheel rather than the pad.

Only issue I have at the moment is the crashing, and it's Fanatec wheel related from what I can tell.  Managed to play with no crashing this morning, but with the pad.

23 minutes ago, Meers said:

Goody. Means that I don't have to move the Xbox from the living room to the loft* where my sim rig is. If I can figure out how to trick the Xbox account on my PC that it's in New Zealand, I could be playing this tonight!

*I prefer not to stream Xbox racing games. Too much input lag and compressed visuals.

It's easy to do, just change your region in the Windows settings to New Zealand then close and reopen the Xbox windows app. You don't even need to restart.

21 hours ago, Vimster said:

The drone is really handy for finding barns, makes it miles quicker.

If you’re playing online you can also look for where the other drivers are congregating in the area where the barn is supposed to be to find it as well. 

Not done a great deal of online racing with anything and in the past have embarrassed myself joining forum racing but I feel I'm missing out half the game by not engaging with the online side. Didn't delve into it in FH4. Is it just straight-up racing or are there other events too? Haven't a clue about it. Cheers.