IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/forza-horizon-5/user-reviews?dist=negative

Getting review bombed with zeros by playstation Stans

You see the same thing here to a lesser extent. Desperation to find and amplify anything they deem to be negative about a game that is gaining rave reviews everywhere but is not on their platform of choice. 🤷

27 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I do have a complaint which is that the music is shite in this one. There's like three or four good songs and they're all old.

I don’t understand your argument. All good songs are old ones. A good song hasn’t been released since 1998. 

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/forza-horizon-5/user-reviews?dist=negative

Getting review bombed with zeros by playstation Stans

Think of the time they could save by not spending time writing negative reviews and doing something positive. Like trading in their PS5 for an XBox and a copy of Forza Horizon 5!

Gutted that I can't run this 😔 the game crashes during cutscenes, and I've tried everything aside from a clean windows install (update and reinstall drivers, disabling non essential services, no overclocks etc).  Guess I'll need to wait and hope that a patch fixes things.

19 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Think of the time they could save by not spending time writing negative reviews and doing something positive. Like trading in their PS5 for an XBox and a copy of Forza Horizon 5!

sony do android phones don’t they? They could buy a game pass ultimate sub for a month and stream it from the cloud?

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

I do have a complaint which is that the music is shite in this one. There's like three or four good songs and they're all old.

The music is always shit in both versions of the Forza games. It's part of my Forza ritual to turn the music off when I'm setting the game up going through the menus for each new game. Assists adjusted, difficulty adjusted and music off.

I occasionally turn it back on if I'm doing a session with my headphones on, but quickly conclude that music off was the right decision in the first place.

I mainly have the Hospital Records drum and bass station on although that's getting boring. The SkillSongs are a bit of fun though. Would have been nice to have custom soundtracks and the game would select one at random to be a SkillSong. Generally though I find the music on each station has clearly been chosen to work as a backdrop to gameplay rather than for being good music and makes me appreciate how good a job they do on GTA to combine good game-playing music and bangers.

The Eliminator is fun, I suppose, but they really need to make you use roads in the head to head races rather than just barrel straight for the objective cross-country. This makes them completely pointless at the moment - faster car will always win, no skill required. There’s a really good battle royale here struggling to get out.

I played the eliminator and somehow got to 5th despite never engaging in a head to head which seemed a bit odd. I just drove around picking up cars and making sure I stayed inside the safe zone. I was never close enough to anyone to engage in a head to head anyway. Is there really much advantage to doing so? Can you say no?

25 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

The Eliminator is fun, I suppose, but they really need to make you use roads in the head to head races rather than just barrel straight for the objective cross-country. This makes them completely pointless at the moment - faster car will always win, no skill required. There’s a really good battle royale here struggling to get out.

In FH4, yes you would barrel cross-country but the end points tended to be at the other side of forests / rivers so it required you to have some skill / luck in negotiating the obstacles.

I wonder if they haven't quite tuned the endpoints for FH5 yet to be similar.

36 minutes ago, Majora said:

I played the eliminator and somehow got to 5th despite never engaging in a head to head which seemed a bit odd. I just drove around picking up cars and making sure I stayed inside the safe zone. I was never close enough to anyone to engage in a head to head anyway. Is there really much advantage to doing so? Can you say no?

you can’t say no, your car goes up a level if you win.

7 hours ago, cowfields said:

It feels that way but I imagine more people are waiting for the gamepass release than those that paid for it early. I think there'll be plenty of buzz in a few days. 

What I'm saying is there are two launch days, two days of shared experience. 

Yep looking forward to the official launch day on Tuesday morning.... And proud of myself for not caving into the marketing pressure :D £35 saved here as I know it would have been a waste this weekend!