IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

11 hours ago, Popo said:

It’s hard not to feel like you’re missing out when others are already playing. Like when you see people who paid for early boarding on an Easyjet flight.

It's also easy to literally not care. FOMO is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. Along with the abbreviation FOMO.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's also easy to literally not care. FOMO is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. Along with the abbreviation FOMO.

It’s part and parcel of forum membership, to be fair. A new game comes along and we hype each other up through the release cycle, then repeat for the next big release. Ever was it thus. It’s a tiny bit frustrating that Forza’s release has been structured around a priority boarding system, I bear no ill will towards those who’ve paid for the early access at all, and to repeat, I don’t even have the time to play it right now due to circumstances anyway (I don’t even really have the time to be posting on the forum this morning, there’s a bookshelf needing building in the next room), I just wish I could be part of the launch hype cycle shared experience that so many are enjoying. 

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

It’s part and parcel of forum membership, to be fair. A new game comes along and we hype each other up through the release cycle, then repeat for the next big release. Ever was it thus. It’s a tiny bit frustrating that Forza’s release has been structured around a priority boarding system, I bear no ill will towards those who’ve paid for the early access at all, and to repeat, I don’t even have the time to play it right now due to circumstances anyway (I don’t even really have the time to be posting on the forum this morning, there’s a bookshelf needing building in the next room), I just wish I could be part of the launch hype cycle shared experience that so many are enjoying. 

It feels that way but I imagine more people are waiting for the gamepass release than those that paid for it early. I think there'll be plenty of buzz in a few days. 

What I'm saying is there are two launch days, two days of shared experience. 

14 minutes ago, cowfields said:

It feels that way but I imagine more people are waiting for the gamepass release than those that paid for it early. I think there'll be plenty of buzz in a few days. 

What I'm saying is there are two launch days, two days of shared experience. 

It’s a Forzavus miracle! 

(Looking forward to the airing of grievances and the feats of strength)

32 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Custom soundtracks from the o.g xbox will never be topped for me, now its just a case of you can play your own music ontop of whatever you're playing but then it also plays over all cutscenes etc which is a pain 

I remember reading somewhere that it's not really possible anymore due to the stipulations Spotify et al place on app use. Something about not being able to copy, save, or manipulate the music, which extends to integrating the app output with other apps or having it play through the car's speakers etc, and resulting in the app just playing over whatever's going on.

In different times people just used to pre-order physical copies of games from specific online retailers for under RRP (and the digital stores when they came online) in the hope that certain retailers used to usually ship early, giving early access to people who paid less for the game. 

Order has now been restored that this 'perk' isn't for the cheapskates. 

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

Or you'd go to your favourite street breaking indie and pay a markup.

Yup, or to take it even further play an incomprehensible version in Japanese on a modded warranty invalidated or imported console for 6 months or more of 'early access'

What are Forza points for? CR is money, XP is XP for leveling up obviously. I don't understand what the Forza points actually do. Eg you can unlock say 10 Forza points for buying a certain car park but I can't see a tally anywhere or what you can actually do with them.

A few stories aren’t working for me - I go to the start point but it doesn’t register that I’m there. One of those was a stunt jumping off a cliff, and when I landed it was still telling me my destination was the ramp several hundred meters up and back that I’d just jumped off. Just me?

20 minutes ago, Majora said:

What are Forza points for? CR is money, XP is XP for leveling up obviously. I don't understand what the Forza points actually do. Eg you can unlock say 10 Forza points for buying a certain car park but I can't see a tally anywhere or what you can actually do with them.

In 4 they were used to buy items and cars from the weekly shop. It changed with each 'Season'.

Because my kids hog the big TV and my XSX all the time For science, I put it on my XB1. It just... works? I played the first few hours at 4k, but moving to this version doesn't look obviously worse. There's also pretty quick loading times, which makes me think that the 100+ gb (slightly more than the XSX version, if I remember correctly) has 17 copies of the game in it so that the menu can load quickly.

Turn 10/Playground are just absurdly good at pushing these machines.

Just to echo what others have said, I really like the Lego brick structure they've gone for. I quickly ran out of brick stuff to do because it was getting into difficult stuff, but there seems to be a tonne of things here. Chasing levels for a particular thing in FH4 didn't really do anything for me. I used my free house voucher on the house that gives double FP, going to try to do more of that sort of stuff this time.

4 minutes ago, Fargo said:

How do you unlock the various event types ? All I seem to have are road races! No rally or cross country events are on the map. 

As you level up (I think the Accolades meter) they’ll tell you that you’ve unlocked a new bit of the Horizon story, which leads to a ui with tickets on it, and you choose the main story, cross country, dirt racing, road racing etc. you then are directed to a bit of the map you have to visit to unlock a new outpost, which gives you a bunch of the associated kind of event. If you filter on your map for story icons, maybe you missed a step?

8 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Yawn - we still flogging this dead horse. 

Microsoft have parked their entire garage rent free in his head.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9984b52b2842497b08516b7edc1ceed2.png

I also find the best way to show how 'not bothered' I am about something is to repeatedly post about it over and over.

7 minutes ago, Fargo said:

How do you unlock the various event types ? All I seem to have are road races! No rally or cross country events are on the map. 

As you do stuff which earns you accolades, you'll have the option to unlock certain stuff. I went "Horizon Apex' as I like the road racing but there are others, like Horizon Baja.

26 minutes ago, Majora said:

Sorry, I forget the menu option, but it's on the Horizon tab I think. Find the bit about seasons, and you can spend FP at the Forza Store thing. Sometimes lets you get hold of "Forza Edition" cars without waiting for them to turn up on wheel spins.

7 minutes ago, layten said:

Microsoft have parked their entire garage rent free in his head.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9984b52b2842497b08516b7edc1ceed2.png

I also find the best way to show how 'not bothered' I am about something is to repeatedly post about it over and over.

What’s your problem, am I not allowed to join in an ongoing conversation, I purposefully took it elsewhere but it has started up again here?