Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Series X in performance mode for me. No way could I sacrifice all those juicy FPS. I'm using a 27 inch 1440p monitor and sitting a few feet away from it. Really enjoying myself so far. Had to force myself to go to bed last night.

Also Greggs

Forza-Horizon-5-2021-11-04-21-30-42.png

Does anyone know how to unlock the house that lets you fast travel anywhere?

Have they stuck with the fh4 model for rare unlocks?

Some of the later tuning they did to the weekly events to make unlocks more accessible seems fairly well balanced overall, though I note the fh4 auctioning kinda punishes johnny-come-latelys as inflation kicks in from all the older players having way more money - same sorta thing that happens in any online game economy though so dunno what they'd do about it.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Getting the message the servers aren’t available, anyone else getting that?

Yeah, it disconnects but puts you back in instantly. 

The Forzathon shop has not been working at all though, even all day yesterday. 

Just now, Ry said:

Yeah, it disconnects but puts you back in instantly. 

The Forzathon shop has not been working at all though, even all day yesterday. 

Not just me then, cool. Bit annoying but hey we’re doing our bit to help when it launches on Monday. 😉

My descent into old person is complete, I played Horizon 1 with no racing line, the last couple with braking only and now need the full line to see where I'm supposed to be going.

Despite not being a car guy at all I somehow got into watching TJ Hunt videos on youtube years ago, something about his content I find pretty engaging to watch as he rises up past 2m subs and multiple smart business partnerships - the point of this waffle is the C8 Corvette in the intro and you get as a first car choice has a widebody kit on it from his Street Hunter company so it's cool to see that having gone from concept into a game like this. 

3 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

There are a bunch of 3-race championships in #4, they fling white race icons onto the map instead of red ones.

Which car has the most ridiculous animated flaps/spoilers?

Wasn't that the Seasons nonsense where the races changed? Or did they finally patch some in?

Game has already hit legendary status, i mean what game that gives you a Puma to race around in couldn’t be legendary :wub:

Im stunned how people can’t see the awful difference with 30 fps, it looked awful on YouTube vids and even worse when sat with a controller.

3 minutes ago, davejm said:

I've bought the Premium Edition bundle on PC (for use with Gamepass), but I have no idea how to install it :(

I just see this, with no option to install it... any ideas?

image.thumb.png.220f81d9712f80a5b053db8001c1f3d8.png

It should just unlock with the game... Also you should be able to play the game today. :) You'll probably see some extra cars, welcome pack etc when you start the game up.

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

It should just unlock with the game... Also you should be able to play the game today. :) You'll probably see some extra cars, welcome pack etc when you start the game up.

Ah, I had to find the standard game and I get the pre-install option.  Hopefully once the pre-install is done it should detect I have the premium bundle and let me in?

10 minutes ago, davejm said:

Ah, I had to find the standard game and I get the pre-install option.  Hopefully once the pre-install is done it should detect I have the premium bundle and let me in?

I think thats how it works... Once pre-installed you'll get a "Play" icon up... if I click that it tells me I'm too early.. but should just start for you... :) 

Could some kind soul write (or link to) an idiot’s/beginner’s guide to how to navigate through the menus please? I came to FH4 late, was utterly confused by the menu structure and just messed about doing things when icons appeared on the map, but as I’m in this from day one (or -4!) it feels like I’d be missing some important stuff if I just do that again.

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

The rewards points for getting 3 achievements isn't moving for me at all. 

i assume that won’t work till it unlock on game pass - so it will only be cheevos unlocked from the 9th (please no more moaning from the early access issues people)

I managed to buy the wrong bundle on the iceland store and ended up just getting the two expansions rather than VIP bundle.  However the two expansion bundle was cheaper ( around £15 vs £25 on the iceland store), what does the VIP bundle add other than early access?

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Could some kind soul write (or link to) an idiot’s/beginner’s guide to how to navigate through the menus please? I came to FH4 late, was utterly confused by the menu structure and just messed about doing things when icons appeared on the map, but as I’m in this from day one (or -4!) it feels like I’d be missing some important stuff if I just do that again.

Sometimes I really miss manuals although there is that much stuff in games these days! :D 

One thing that I do find lacking in Forza games at times is a quick tutorial on what things actually do there is an implied assumption you've played previous ones. I found 4 particularly confusing. The online modes can be confusing too IMHO. You just get used to stuff after fiddling around for a bit!

One thing to try is to remove icons from the map to focus on what you want to do initially. Not sure about 5 but 4's map got overloaded quite quickly... 

6 minutes ago, tobert said:

I managed to buy the wrong bundle on the iceland store and ended up just getting the two expansions rather than VIP bundle.  However the two expansion bundle was cheaper ( around £15 vs £25 on the iceland store), what does the VIP bundle add other than early access?

You may have also missed out on the Car Pass, which I think is more important. I think you can refund it without going through support, and then buy the full one.

VIP:

Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Car Pass:

Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Do people tend to generally drive stock cars, or tune them up? In FH4 I always tended to buy a highly-rated tune to make it top of its default class but I'm wondering if I was making everything feel the same by doing that. But if you don't tune, are your cars going to be competitive in online and seasonal events....

8 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think messing about doing things when icons appear on the map is what you’re supposed to do.

Fair enough! Perhaps the menus will become less baffling, organically over time.

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

One thing to try is to remove icons from the map to focus on what you want to do initially. Not sure about 5 but 4's map got overloaded quite quickly... 

Oh yeah, I did this on 4 and I’ll be doing the same on this. I’ve only done the very first race so far though so the map is currently looking very minimalist on the icon front!