IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

5 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

This is the future then 'complete' games come to gamepass, but everyone pays extra to get the rest of the game and play it early. Bonkers.

you have played the previous FH games? They’re not exactly content light.

5 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

This is the future then 'complete' games come to gamepass, but everyone pays extra to get the rest of the game and play it early. Bonkers.

Seems that way. Although essentially you are getting the base game on GamePass however depends what you would call "the rest of the game". 

I guess this is what MS are aiming for... Bit like the Fortnite model - get the base game for free and then bolt on what you want. Although peer pressure for online gaming will mean people will need to buy the extras to join in or you'll need certain DLC to play certain bits or events.

Think this is the way Halo will be too.... seems to be the model these days. But looking at the amount Epic have earned through Fortnite who can blame them?! :)

21 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

What?

You’ve obviously never played a Horizon game before. The base game contains probably hundreds of hours of gameplay, hundreds of cars and the main location.

If you pay the extra you’ll get some extra car packs, 2 new location DLCs when they’re ready and the chance to play the main game a few days early.

What’s bonkers about that? Seems pretty well thought out to me.

I’ve played FH since three. I get it’s huge and so this seems absolutely fine. But I also know that MS - as soon as they are winning - go insane. If your going to do the Netflix model, do the Netflix model. This half way house doesn’t sit right with me. It’ll be abused. 

2 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I’ve played FH since three. I get it’s huge and so this seems absolutely fine. But I also know that MS - as soon as they are winning - go insane. If your going to do the Netflix model, do the Netflix model. This half way house doesn’t sit right with me. It’ll be abused. 

They aren't winning though.

10 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I’m still not sure what you’re talking about. What are they winning? How have they gone insane? What’s the Netflix model?

I’m pretty sure I got to play FH4 a few days early because I bought the ultimate edition or something. I don’t think this is anything new or weird.

15 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

They are essentially doing the Netflix model. You get FH5 as part of GamePass. The rest of it is digital fluff if you want it and adds value to your game.

MS are kind of in an odd place in that they have to support the legacy console model of disks/digital store and the sub model  Although you could argue it gives you plenty of choice with different price points to suit every pocket.

They did the same thing with Forza games since around 2016. This isn't new, it's standard. I can argue that it's actually the cheapest option for the complete version and the bonus content has always been of a high standard. The early access part doesn't factor in to the price when you add up the individual components of the bonus bundle.

Granted it's also easy to see you are paying up front for content without knowing the details of it. However playground have always delivered in this regard in terms of quality. It's unfortunate they can be so aggressive selling the expansion packs and showing the bonus cars in the shops. Not having an option to hide the dlc to those not interested in it is a shitty move.

Ubisoft, EA, Activision et al have all copied this model without earning the faith of individual fanbases. 

Sony arguably were the best publisher for not following this trend until they started charging to upgrade across generations. 

3 days 5 hours and 20 minutes to go.

I've bought the full version £85. It includes the xbox and PC versions which feature cross save interaction. 

My brother also gets access to all the extra content and the game on xbox and PC. 

Works out at around £21.25 each. 

In Sony land It'd be £70 + £50, 3 years later in a PC complete edition.

Edited.

I want to play this day one, but I think I'll wait until Christmas.

My wife has hinted that I'm getting two consoles for Christmas.  I know one is an OLED Switch, and this being Japan, the other is probably a PS5, but just in case it's a Series X I'll wait to play this, so I get the best experience from the start.

19 hours ago, MattyP said:

Early Access pass etc is BS. Refuse to pay MS for the privilege of playing a game early!  :) Surprised they haven't done a platinum early access option which allows you to play two weeks early... only if you've spent 20 or so hours f**king around searching in bing and paid them money on top though. Jeez. Where is this all going.... Happy to wait until next Tuesday.  At least its on game pass :) 

Obv it didnt cost anything due to reward points, sweet 4 days early paid for by my second job ;) 

What does Global launch at UTC-4 mean?

Coordinated Universal Time or UTC is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude and is not adjusted for daylight saving time. It is effectively a successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

I'm still none the wiser.

Someone post a detailed guide of how to unlock this early please.