IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Looks absolutely stunning.  As someone who still plays 4 virtually every other day, I literally cannot wait to play this game on my Series X. 

It is the most I have looked forward to a game in a very very long time.

23 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Yes although I expect if FH4 ran on your PC should be OK with 5.

Thanks I'll go search them out when I've finished work, yeah FH4 runs great on my rig I'm hoping this will be the same

On 12/10/2021 at 12:05, MattyP said:

The second one is still my favourite mainly because of the locations... and the "Outrun" feel to it all.

It’s my favourite as well. The showcase event where you race a train to The Clash’s Stand By Me is the best in the series. 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Is 4 going to be retired/delisted when 5 is out?

It should be available for as long as the various licenses last for. I would bet that going forwards MS will make sure to have much longer if not perpetual licenses.

Forza Horizon games seem to have a lifespan of about four years, like replicants, so FH4 has about a year left before it releases a single dove into the sky and dies on a rooftop.

Obviously it'd be impossible to include the cars and the licensed music, but it'd be nice if you could download the maps from FH1, 2 & 3 for newer versions of the game, although it'd obviously be a lot of effort to port them across. Have the game as more of a platform for Forza-related stuff, rather than as discrete entries in a series that progressively become obsolete and waste most of the utterly titanic effort that must go into each installment.

It's worth mentioning if you grab a cheap 360 disk you CAN play FH1 on the newest consoles in a very neatly upscaled version.

So all of them work (except FH2 360) if you can find a disk, but you won't be able to buy any DLC.

9 minutes ago, Dudley said:

So all of them work (except FH2 360) 

Oddly have FH2 this on my 360 for some reason.... don't remember buying it... its actually not a bad version at all. More road focused though and less off road antics.

24 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Oddly have FH2 this on my 360 for some reason.... don't remember buying it... its actually not a bad version at all. More road focused though and less off road antics.

I've said this before and I'll keep saying it: I actually prefer the 360 version because of the way the races are structured. It just felt a bit more focused to me. You could either pick a car and complete the races for it at each location or pick a location and complete all the classes there. The Xbone version felt a bit too much "do what you want" and I think I just like to be told what to do. Don't kink shame me.

I can feel both games getting reinstalled in the immediate future... 

Clearly played too much Flight Simulator 2020. The whole start of that video I’m just thinking “that’s very irresponsible flying, why are they not following proper departure rules”

FH5 looks great though. Dubious piloting aside

On 15/10/2021 at 10:13, Death Adder said:

It will be delisted when the car / music licences expire.

Still available on disk, of course.

Just to pick up on the earlier discussion, I've just today gotten around to playing fh4, and have just cottoned-on to how certain 'hard to find' cars are tied to player engagement with online events and such. So, as well as the licensing stuff mentioned above, I also wonder if certain content will become inaccessible as the online community starts to tail off and move over to fh5. Unless they just want to start unlocking that stuff I guess?

On 15/10/2021 at 17:27, RubberJohnny said:

Not if you own it, you can still redownload, you just can't purchase.

Ended up just watching this... :) No real spoilers in there... well apart from the usual fare with a showcase event - but they are largely the same in every Horizon game and involves an aircraft of some description.

I've pre-loaded this on the PC ready.. however it does look pretty much "business as usual".

Spoiler

the sandstorm seems a bit of a gimmick as mentioned hardly any particle effects etc in there - you would have thought this would be and ideal opportunity to showcase the new consoles power and maybe its actually an indication of the inherent problem of having no clear cut off on console generations - and the limitations of the previous generation holding the new hardware back. Who knows.

Personally don't think I'll be sinking much time into this. Its far to similar to what has gone before.  I wanted to be excited about this too but there are too many other things so squander my precious gaming time on. :) 

However for those new to the franchise it looks to be a great introduction also as mentioned in the vid there is a distinct lack of arcade racers these days.

I'm the same re FH5, looks great and I'll probably pick that up down the line but I still have tons to do on FH4. The release of FH5 has made me want to get FH4 going again. I suspect that'll be the case for quite a few people. 

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

I'm the same re FH5, looks great and I'll probably pick that up down the line but I still have tons to do on FH4. The release of FH5 has made me want to get FH4 going again. I suspect that'll be the case for quite a few people. 

I think FH4 is a very varied game with the different seasons etc. Quite like the different "mission" type structures - Stuntman etc. Also it was a bonus that it was set in the UK too. Looking back I really enjoyed it and played the hell out of it for a couple of months when it first released.. back in 2018? Wow has it been three years?! :) 

From what I have seen of FH5 it has a wet season - I'll still enjoy playing it but think 4 will take some beating. My favourites so far have been 2 followed by 4.

9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

I think FH4 is a very varied game with the different seasons etc. Quite like the different "mission" type structures - Stuntman etc. Also it was a bonus that it was set in the UK too. Looking back I really enjoyed it and played the hell out of it for a couple of months when it first released.. back in 2018? Wow has it been three years?! :) 

From what I have seen of FH5 it has a wet season - I'll still enjoy playing it but think 4 will take some beating. My favourites so far have been 2 followed by 4.

The wet season thing does look like an extension of how seasons changed the environment in 4. The seasons in 4 though were universal, the whole environment would be the same, whether you were up a mountain or wherever. Is 5 going to have snowy bits and desert bits and jungles? Maybe the variety will come in biomes rather than the seasons, the wet season adding an extra bit of variation.

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Forza Horizon 5