Jump to content
IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

I never played the Hot Wheels expansion in 3 so I'm interested in it but the concept seems so oddly at odds with the way I play FH. To me the best part.of the game is discovery. And floating tracks with the map as a pretty background doesn't seem quite the same as careering through the open world. Can it have narrow dirt tracks through woods, or bouncy mountain traversal, or splashing through rivers, or basically any interaction with the world around it?

 

Although I'm sure it'll be cool for a little while, particularly as something on Game Pass to play around with. I tired of FH5 quite quickly after discovering all the roads and doing a few days of races. The season/event model just struggles to hold my attention I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What do the Hot Wheels tracks actually let you do, beyond the obvious, like driving upside down?

 

Off the top of my head, in FH3 you had jumps and more extreme layouts compared to the main game, plus boost pads and banking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

What do the Hot Wheels tracks actually let you do, beyond the obvious, like driving upside down?


Nothing much. And they don’t really let you drive upside down unless you’re going fast enough - usually you hit a boost pad before them. 
 

I’m quite disappointed. The novelty of them wore of quickly with the FH3 DLC. Having large sections of track where you can’t just drive off into a field or whatever, is a poor fit for Forza, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point maybe a separate spin off Forza Hot Wheels would be a better idea. They seem to like working together and it'd surely look and be utterly bonkers if they could go to town on it as a standalone thing rather than fitting it withing FH's game structure. Forza graphics set free to render Hot Wheels tracks in completely insane environments, with maybe slightly more arcady tuning and other stuff has me quite excited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2022 at 15:30, Meatball said:

 

After a couple of shitty Event Lab challenge races the last weeks this one was pretty good.

 

And we're back to a shite one again. A floating half-pipe in the sky type thing with a almost vertical loopy bit you can just about get round and the AI can't even manage at all <_<

 

 

An easy one to win at least anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Meatball said:

 

And we're back to a shite one again. A floating half-pipe in the sky type thing with a almost vertical loopy bit you can just about get round and the AI can't even manage at all <_<

 

 

An easy one to win at least anyways.

 

What the duck is that. I've not played the game since about a week or two after release and had no idea it had crazy stuff in the sky like that.

 

It seems complete "not horizon" for me. And would seem to make the hot wheels DLC pointless. Never has a single view made me want to dip back into something less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

 

What the duck is that. I've not played the game since about a week or two after release and had no idea it had crazy stuff in the sky like that.

 

It seems complete "not horizon" for me. And would seem to make the hot wheels DLC pointless. Never has a single view made me want to dip back into something less.

 

It's an Eventlab user created race. You can go to any of the race locations around the map and create your own circuit or point-to-point race. Drive around your chosen route placing checkpoints as you go and also use props like walls, barriers, etc to close it in for a regular type race. Or use ramps and platforms type shit to go up in the air like this one.

Each week there's the festival events with a bunch of races and speed/drift zone challenges to complete for points to unlock the special prize cars and one of each week's challenges is one of these Eventlab races some random has built. There's some genuinely good routes/circuits people have made including epic stuff like...

 

 

...but for these ones they put in the weekly festival event they seem to like picking weird shit ones :hmm:

 

 

 

EDIT: Even the chap who built the track says it's a bad choice...

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Meatball said:

 

It's an Eventlab user created race. You can go to any of the race locations around the map and create your own circuit or point-to-point race. Drive around your chosen route placing checkpoints as you go and also use props like walls, barriers, etc to close it in for a regular type race. Or use ramps and platforms type shit to go up in the air like this one.

Each week there's the festival events with a bunch of races and speed/drift zone challenges to complete for points to unlock the special prize cars and one of each week's challenges is one of these Eventlab races some random has built. There's some genuinely good routes/circuits people have made including epic stuff like...

 


I have definitely parked in that multi story before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a bit disappointed. I thought the Hot Wheels season might mean they do a preview of the expansion and slap some tracks down like the did with the stunt park in the stadium. Turns out it's just a normal season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got all the Festival Playlist accolades after completing a final Seasonal Playground Games event today. I've been doing all the playlist stuff since the start (only missing some of the first week, some early bugged ones and a couple of dailies) so I presume anyone doing similar would have got them all by now as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got this on Steam after pretty much skipping FH4, the break did me good, as this is being hammered at the moment. Having a whale of a time. I assume the events I missed (Spring / Summer) are long gone for me now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Got this on Steam after pretty much skipping FH4, the break did me good, as this is being hammered at the moment. Having a whale of a time. I assume the events I missed (Spring / Summer) are long gone for me now?

Seasons cycle every week and each set of 4 make up a series.  We are in series 9 at the mo IIRC so yes you will have missed the activities in previous ones.

 

On 30/06/2022 at 23:11, James Lyon said:

Finally got all the Festival Playlist accolades after completing a final Seasonal Playground Games event today. I've been doing all the playlist stuff since the start (only missing some of the first week, some early bugged ones and a couple of dailies) so I presume anyone doing similar would have got them all by now as well?

I still have that festival playlist accolade to get, I think as in the first few seasons I didn't complete all of the events in part 'cos of getting annoyed at all the bugs.  Still need 4 more PGG events I think.

There is also the discovery accolate relating to Treasure Hunts that is dependent on them appearing in the seasons and I still need a few of those too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Got this on Steam after pretty much skipping FH4, the break did me good, as this is being hammered at the moment. Having a whale of a time. I assume the events I missed (Spring / Summer) are long gone for me now?

 

Don't worry about it, the events and rewards end up cycling around eventually if you're a completionist and you can't do the accolades instantly anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Seasons cycle every week and each set of 4 make up a series.  We are in series 9 at the mo IIRC so yes you will have missed the activities in previous ones.

 

I still have that festival playlist accolade to get, I think as in the first few seasons I didn't complete all of the events in part 'cos of getting annoyed at all the bugs.  Still need 4 more PGG events I think.

There is also the discovery accolate relating to Treasure Hunts that is dependent on them appearing in the seasons and I still need a few of those too

 

Ok thanks. 

Seems the Treasure hunt is bugged on the Steam version. I unlocked the location, won the drag event, got to the treasure and the crate is not actually there. Seems to be a known issue after checking YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Is money earning slower in this than previous games by the way?

 

I've got the VIP thing so it doesn't feel that much slower but also FH4 had Fortune Island so it probably felt quicker if you had that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't play FH4. 

 

I have VIP I think, but just seems to be slow going. Mind you I am still feeling out the game and I don't think I've actually done many races and events. Just unlocking areas mostly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Ok thanks. 

Seems the Treasure hunt is bugged on the Steam version. I unlocked the location, won the drag event, got to the treasure and the crate is not actually there. Seems to be a known issue after checking YouTube

Treasure hunts have been bugged since day 1 though they are a lot better than the used to be.  By now it seems like PGG either can't fully fix them or can't be bothered to.

 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Is money earning slower in this than previous games by the way?

Yes especially early on in the game.  A while back they added loads of additional low value amounts (1k, 2k, 5k) to the wheelspins too which will be making it even slower for recently started players.  There are no daily credits or businesses that earn for you in this iteration of FH either.

In general just complete events and use your wheelspins & superspins as soon as you get them, there is no gameplay reason to 'save them for later'.  If you get a duplicate car from a spin or as a prize then choose the sell option if given the choice, you will always get less from the Auction House.  Also look at the mastery trees for your cars, some of those have credits that can be bought using skill points, typically its the flash cars that will have the most credits available this way but quite a lot of the cheap cars will have a few thousand credits available for only a handful of skill points too.  Selling duplicate or just unwanted cars at the auction house is the other route to making credits, especially with some of the new and uncommon cars that are Season/ Series prizes for getting to the various points totals, sometimes these will be going for over a million.  In general lots of the cars are super cheap in the auction house though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They sent a message through the in game message center saying they’ve released a hot fix for the treasure hunt bug on PC and in a future update the series 9 treasure hunt summer will be retroactively completed for all players. Which is one way to keep players happy I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.