IGNORED

Death's Door - Isometric action-adventure from the makers of Titan Souls - Xbox/PC/Switch/PS4 - GOTY 2021!

Jamie John

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

What are they then?

I have

Hide contents

Additional weapons that are not that useful.

Hide contents

Extra health and magic, arguably unnecessary.

Hide contents

Buffs to my spells that are useful, but hardly exciting.

Well, in addition to the three different things you've already mentioned that there are to find, there are also all of the shiny things, plant pots and life seeds, and then there's some really hidden stuff once you get to the endgame.

And the extra health and magic is arguably unecessary, but only in the same way that extra heart containers in Zelda are unecessary, or energy tanks in Metroid, or any similar type of incremental upgrade in a hundred other games; they're still a reward for exploration, nonetheless, and the game absolutely encourages you to veer from the beaten path at almost every opportunity.

But yes - it sounds like the late game stuff has soured your experience a bit (although I wouldn't describe the Grey Crow fight as 'boring' myself). Keep trying with the end boss then come back for the post-credits stuff - there's not too much of it, and getting to 100% is really satisfying, I found. Nothing post-credits is harder than the final boss of the main game, bit it does some cool stuff.

Right! I did it. 

I was very grumpy this morning. The game is very good and definitely worth playing. 

Not sure I’ll bother with the post game but my daughter is enjoying attacking that floating pink person!

Well I've killed

Spoiler

the big crow

and have the main boss door open but I still have 4 shrines to find, I haven't explored the frozen area that has a warning on the sign pointing towards it, and I can see some areas in the flooded world that I can't access so I'm loath to go and do the final boss yet. There's also at least 3 doors, 2 in the graveyard area and 1 near the secret garden outside the ceramic palace that I think must open up when I've planted enough seeds as the more seeds I plant the more green lights are around the door.

On 13/02/2022 at 14:33, Lovelyman said:

Right! I did it. 

I was very grumpy this morning. The game is very good and definitely worth playing. 

Not sure I’ll bother with the post game but my daughter is enjoying attacking that floating pink person!

Do give the post game a go. It's more robust than you'd expect it to be, and an absolutely worthwhile epilogue.