IGNORED

Bo Burnham - Inside

LaveDisco

I watched it during the week and absolutely loved it. I'd only ever seen him in 'Promising Young Women' so wasn't familiar with any of his work but the guy is ridiculously talented. 

I've listened to the songs a few times since and they work so well without the visuals - except maybe 'How The World Works'. 

On 11/06/2021 at 22:34, LaveDisco said:

I genuinely think it’s the first true COVID art I’ve seen. 

Thoroughly recommend Tim Key's book He Used Thought as a Wife. It's a collection of absurdist conversations and poems about a man getting through the UK's first lockdown on his own, and it's fucking amazing.

Will check this out too, sounds good!

• 2 weeks later...

The other half's daughter really enjoyed this and is now down this whole Bo rabbit hole.

I'm yet to watch it myself, but she's listening to it all the time on Spotify and I had to purchase "Zach Stone is going to be famous" for her which I did quite enjoy. 

Maybe it's time for me to give it a watch. 

Just watched it off a recommendation and we absolutely loved it. Funny, catchy, very dark, and deeply impressive.

Never heard of the guy before, but what an incredibly talented bloke. Genuinely is a work of art.

It’s like The Wall for locked-down Millennials.

On 26/06/2021 at 13:14, Arn X Treme said:

The other half's daughter really enjoyed this and is now down this whole Bo rabbit hole.

I'm yet to watch it myself, but she's listening to it all the time on Spotify and I had to purchase "Zach Stone is going to be famous" for her which I did quite enjoy. 

Maybe it's time for me to give it a watch. 

I think there is a generation of geeky kids that will be hanging their entire identity off Bo Burnham.

The same way I did with Lee & Herring.

10 hours ago, jonamok said:

Just watched it off a recommendation and we absolutely loved it. Funny, catchy, very dark, and deeply impressive.

Never heard of the guy before, but what an incredibly talented bloke. Genuinely is a work of art.

It’s like The Wall for locked-down Millennials.

I watched this with the other half's little one on Saturday and I found it deeply moving in places. His mental health issues are really apparent in a lot of scenes and although social media seems to think it's a big act, body language makes me think otherwise. 

What she takes from it is, like a lot of people, as some kind of comedy reel, missing the message and the jabs and just taking it at a level of straight humour.

I've given the albums a listen on Spotify, and I have the other two specials lined up on my watch list!

Stellar stuff, wish I'd watched it sooner!

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

I think there is a generation of geeky kids that will be hanging their entire identity of Bo Burnham.

The same way I did with Lee & Herring.

I teach 3rd level. The above opinion is correct, although he's tapping into something that's already in the ether for a few years, as opposed to trailblazing.

3 hours ago, Gommy said:

I really enjoyed Eighth Grade that he directed.

Didn't know he directed Eighth Grade. What a talent, just like his special that film is funny, touching and thought provoking, and very sad at times.

• 10 months later...