IGNORED

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 25.03.2022

shirubagan

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I can't watch the video yet, does it look like Borderlands 3.5?

Kinda, more dark fantasy though with a touch of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath to taste. Different enough from BL to be its own thing whilst clearly being in that universe. Looks pretty great.

• 2 months later...

Playing the one shot adventure, or whatever it's called. I know it's a way out yet but it seems to lack a lot of the polish that BL3 had. The world isn't anywhere near as vibrant or populated. The gimmick of being inside some kind of D&D game is quite fun, but I imagine that'll quickly get tired. It wasn't too bad in this game, and Tina doesn't annoy or interrupt as much as I thought she might. However, apart from genre tropes, and a chest or two with D&D dice, this is really just medieval Borderlands.

Did I read that this did begin life as a BL3 DLC? It's fine for what it is, and I liked playing it, but it doesn't seem to build anything new into the game. Still interested enough to check out the final product though, as I really like the universe they've set up. 

14 minutes ago, Goose said:

Playing the one shot adventure, or whatever it's called. I know it's a way out yet but it seems to lack a lot of the polish that BL3 had. The world isn't anywhere near as vibrant or populated. The gimmick of being inside some kind of D&D game is quite fun, but I imagine that'll quickly get tired. It wasn't too bad in this game, and Tina doesn't annoy or interrupt as much as I thought she might. However, apart from genre tropes, and a chest or two with D&D dice, this is really just medieval Borderlands.

Did I read that this did begin life as a BL3 DLC? It's fine for what it is, and I liked playing it, but it doesn't seem to build anything new into the game. Still interested enough to check out the final product though, as I really like the universe they've set up. 

Assault on Dragon Keep was originally released as DLC for Borderlands 2. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Zero buzz on this game it seems, but it has reviewed well and looks a lot of fun.

https://opencritic.com/game/12353/tiny-tinas-wonderlands

No buzz probably because Randy Pitchford is both a massive cunt and a baffoon and really should at least step awat from the limelight and get someone in who is better at PR. 

This is taking a backseat to all the amazing games released in the last month for me, unfortunately. I’m still yet to finish a couple of the BL3 DLC campaigns and I’m working my way through Assault on Dragon Keep. 

6 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Zero buzz on this game it seems, but it has reviewed well and looks a lot of fun.

https://opencritic.com/game/12353/tiny-tinas-wonderlands

Borderlands 3 killed any interest in the series for me, for a while anyway.  The writing was absolutely horrific, even worse than Borderlands 2 (which at least had some stuff I liked) with everyone shouting and never shutting the fuck up.  I know you could say that about the series in general but it was just so much all the time in 3 I'd had enough by the time it ended.  I will say they did drastically improve the gunplay though, it felt great to play at least.  I did enjoy the DLC for Borderlands 2 that inspired them to make this and it's apparently toned down a lot so I'll give it a go eventually, but for now just too much else to play.

Dunno about this. An entire game of the Tina character and her voice might be just too intolerable. Borderlands 3 was superb and a great workout for the Series X despite its nauseating writing and characters, but with this latest game it might be too hard going to be in that world again. Some interesting mechanics with the D+D elements though, and I like the "game within a game" concept. Just the overall vibe of the Gearbox world is so hard to love or even tolerate.

The Eurogamer review for this was great by the way, really solid and well reasoned journalism. One of the best games reviews I've read for ages.

Rinsed BL3 but need to look at the DLC. This though, the thought of hearing Tiny Tina's endless chatter for hours and hours puts me right off. In BL3 characters would keep talking whilst you were shooting, there was no respite. Maybe if this went below £20 I'd give it a bash but I have a headache just thinking about that try-hard dialogue. 

Tiny Tina, Claptrap and Mr Torge are three of my favourite charcters from the series.

I loved playing as Claptrap in the pre-sequal.

I do think this might have to wait until later when its cheaper though.

I got burned out on the grind and lack of legendary drops in BL3.  The lack of legendary drops was worse in the recent Assoult on Dragons Keep one shot, too.

Plus I have a ton of other games I still need to put time into.

5 minutes ago, The Disco said:

Tiny Tina, Claptrap and Mr Torge are three of my favourite charcters from the series.

I loved playing as Claptrap in the pre-sequal.

I do think this might have to wait until later when its cheaper though.

I got burned out on the grind and lack of legendary drops in BL3.  The lack of legendary drops was worse in the recent Assoult on Dragons Keep one shot, too.

Plus I have a ton of other games I still need to put time into.

That wasn't recent, just a repackage of some old BL2 dlc.

I’m only an hour or so into this so far, and whilst it’s fun, it’s clearly been rushed and has some rough edges.

The colour palette is really weird, certainly on my tv- some levels look weirdly muted and brown, whereas other parts such as the overworld look really garish, and almost like a mobile game.

There are other weird bits too, like a very basic looking blue navigation marker which vibrates around like hell when you move the camera. Some of the menus don’t seem to be working right either, with pop up sections disappearing as soon as they appear on the hero stats menu. That kind of stuff just looks really shonky and blatantly unfinished.

Performance is kind of patchy on series X (and a curse on whoever decided to put up two different versions of the game rather than use smart delivery, initially I was playing the last gen one wondering why it was 30fps).

Who is doing the Scottish accent for the gun vending machine? It's horrible. Game is a good laugh though. Will Arnett and Wanda Sykes are always entertaining.