E3 2021 | Nintendo | June 15th - 17:00 BST

Robo_1

It wouldn't take much for Nintendo to impress me, my expectations are low. All I need is BOTW2 gameplay, Zelda HD duo pack, Metroid Prime 4 reveal, Metroid Prime Trilogy shadow drop, a new Waverace, a new F-Zero, Mother 3 on Switch and translated, and maybe as a bonus a new Mario. 

That's all

What I expect:

New 2D Metroid V

New Monkey Ball

Shin Megami Tensei V

Possibly New 2D DK

A couple of big Indies shadowdropped - not Silksong, though

GameBoy added to the Online Service

Possibly finishing on BotW2. No release date though. 

10 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I'm expecting nothing. 🥲I wouldn’t even be surprised if we don’t see BotW 2 again and they merely mention in passing that they’re still working hard on it.

If they do, I hope they at least offer an explanation that I can understand please.

As much as I am interested in their big headline games, in really interested in smaller suprise titles.

The thing is, there is so much that they have already announced that we have not seen, that it's not unrealistic for some of the following to show up:

Pikmin 4

Bayonetta 3

Splatoon 3

New Retro Games title

BOTW2

Whatever Monolith Soft is working on.

But Nintendo never show all their cards, so I'll really only expect one or two of these.

Oh and smash character reveals.

5 minutes ago, TomatoConvenienceStore said:

Whatever Monolith Soft is working on.

I'm actually sat here right now listening to the Xenoblade Chronicles score (:wub:) and it's never - not once - occurred to me that there's a slim chance we might see the new MonolithSoft game. And now you've mentioned it, it's pretty much the only thing I want to see. :omg:

And Metroid V, please. 

28 minutes ago, revlob said:

This Direct is going to be a huge disappointment, isn't it?

I mean thanks to all the hype that’s built up throughout E3. Nintendo being the last one. Others being generally disappointing (Xbox exception for many) and the usual levels of Big N hype coupled with them being in their ‘lazy phase’ I would say disappointment for many is guaranteed. 

More realistically:

• More Skyward Sword than you can handle
  • Extended look at the two upcoming Pokémons
  • Capcom's presentation minus Resi
  • Mario Golf again
  • StarFox Zero HD or whatever other forgotten WiiU rerelease they can get away with
  • Bayo 3 tease
  • Possible explanation of a new mechanic in BOTW2
  • Maybe Blathers in Animal Crossing if we're very lucky
  • "Silksong on eShop, now" (that or another old JP only NES game rereleased)

Hoping for Nintendo to save E3 with some fresh new ideas:

F-Zero sequel 

Zelda sequel

Mario sequel

Metroid sequel

Animal Crossing sequel

Bayo sequel

Pikmin sequel

Pokemon sequel

Wario Land sequel

Wario Ware sequel

Snipperclips sequel

1-2-Switch sequel

Mario vs. Donkey Kong sequel

Kid Icarus sequel

1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

Hoping for Nintendo to save E3 with some fresh new ideas:

F-Zero sequel 

Zelda sequel

Mario sequel

Metroid sequel

Animal Crossing sequel

Bayo sequel

Pikmin sequel

Pokemon sequel

Wario Land sequel

Wario Ware sequel

Snipperclips sequel

1-2-Switch sequel

Mario vs. Donkey Kong sequel

Kid Icarus sequel

Wave Race sequel

There will be no BOTW2 shown, I reckon it’s still years off. Even if they started making it immediately after the first game it’s still only been four years, and you can take a year off that due to the pandemic, and this will be a game in development for 5+ years. Same with Prime 4, years off. 

Captain Falcon speeds along a highway with his rock tunes blasting out - shot pans upwards to a Starwing overhead - they give each other a wink and a nod and the Starwing lands next to Falcon and transforms into a car!

Both are now hurtling around corkscrews and U-shaped turns when suddenly on the intercom:

"Ribbit! Ribbit!"

"Slippy Toad dives into Smash!"

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

There will be no BOTW2 shown, I reckon it’s still years off. Even if they started making it immediately after the first game it’s still only been four years, and you can take a year off that due to the pandemic, and this will be a game in development for 5+ years. Same with Prime 4, years off. 

It’s just a sequel though. EA and Ubi blast them out like clockwork, every year. I get BOTW is special but it’s 4 years work when they already have an engine and map in place. I think it’s already complete. 

Just now, the_debaser said:

It’s just a sequel though. EA and Ubi blast them out like clockwork, every year. I get BOTW is special but it’s 4 years work when they already have an engine and map in place. I think it’s already complete. 

But a lot of the time the EA and Ubi sequels are bang average because they blast them out like clockwork.

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

No chance. 

2 hours ago, Bojangle said:

I’m expecting nothing. 🥲I wouldn’t even be surprised if we don’t see BotW 2 again and they merely mention in passing that they’re still working hard on it.

Amiibo Festival is the only reason my Wii U is still set up. We've put hundreds of hours into it. Bloody love it. Bought all the Amiibo for it and loads of Amiibo cards. Would be day one for a Switch version.