E3 2021 | Nintendo | June 15th - 17:00 BST

Robo_1

Oooh, Melee Dash and free-aim while running to address the loss of momentum Samus Returns suffered from. So they've been listening.

Here's a tutorial telling you where to find items by looking at glowing parts of the map, @Cyhwuhx will like that.

On 07/06/2021 at 20:34, Qazimod said:

On the one hand, I shouldn't care about Nintendo's presentation because I haven't got a Switch. On the other hand, I haven't got a Switch because I'm waiting for the inevitable upgrade. So I'll probably tune in.

Also PERSONA 5 ON SWITCH OBVS!!!11 ;) 

lol oops

Talking about how much work they've put in to the animation while showing her clipping in to the scenery and walls. Terrible frame rate in this brief first person cut-scene.

3 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

BOTW was started as a Wii U game, they retooled it for Switch, but also had to release it on the Wii U.

Without needing to make it for inferior hardware, it can look and run better if they target the Switch, rather than the Wii U.

I didn't really mean it looked good because it was a possible Switch Pro launch title, just that it looked good because it looked good. To be fair, I didn't really notice any huge technical improvement over BOTW... 

Oh, they've just demonstrated that you can in fact kill the unkillable Nemesis-like enemies, you just need to collect a charge for your Omega cannon. Looking forward to spending a lot of the game collecting those.

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

Fatal Frame is the horror game with the camera, right? I've not played one before but I've heard good things. Is it a remake of the first game?

Wii U port, Wii U version is stupidly expensive, so this is very welcome.

I will say that the motion in nu-Metroid looks good; satisfying run and jump physics. Just a shame it looks a bit naff. It's like the opposite of MercurySteam's mediocre-but-gorgeous Castlevania games!

I honestly kind of wonder if this was a 3DS release that got bumped? The UI is enormous, far more than you'd even need on a handheld Switch.

And it's just so unrelentingly ugly.

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Guess a franchise, they probably announced a game in it.

Wario Land, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Excitebike, Kid Icarus, 2D or 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Wrecking Crew, Starfox, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Art Academy, Dr Mario, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Golden Sun, Picross, Pokémon, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Kirby…

Just now, deKay said:

Wario Land, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Excitebike, Kid Icarus, 2D or 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Wrecking Crew, Starfox, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Art Academy, Dr Mario, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Golden Sun, Picross, Pokémon, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Kirby…

NightbreedMovie_Amiga_000.gif.9a6561af1619745603f3db40e2ac6582.gif

Just now, Alex W. said:

I honestly kind of wonder if this was a 3DS release that got bumped? The UI is enormous, far more than you'd even need on a handheld Switch.

And it's just so unrelentingly ugly..

I’ll never understand why people watch these things with the sole intent to just dunk on every aspect of it.

Games not even been announced for more than an hour and it’s already just pure negativity. Exhausting.

Just now, Bojangle said:

I’ll never understand why people watch these things with the sole intent to just dunk on every aspect of it.

Well, I'm not, and I'm not even dunking on this game for the sake of it, so please restrain yourself.

15 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Not going to lie, Metroid Dread is looking powerfully ugly here. Like if you took Halo 2 and made it more grey.

Hopefully the other areas look better. I found Samus Returns looked better “in the flesh” as it were.

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Games not even been announced for more than an hour and it’s already just pure negativity. Exhausting.

Yes, it’s honestly just endless fucking infuriating cynicism with repeat posts going over & over. the. same. thing. Grinding that bad take into the ground. 

Some people here just looove being a little sourpuss’ 

1 minute ago, Grobbelboy said:

Omg Samus walks slower and the music changes as she moves through water! This is all looking pretty mundane if I’m honest. 

That always happens til you upgrade her suit.

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

Did they just say "This concludes the story arc between Samus and the Metroids..."

They did. Kind of sounds like a storyline from eastenders