E3 2021 | Ubisoft Forward | STREAM IS NOW LIVE

Robo_1

rllmukE3.thumb.jpg.f6eede35134d57160f239c797de19536.jpg

Ubisoft:

Saturday June 12th - 20:00 BST

Just to precede the following "promo" text, I'd encourage people to read this article from Games Industry Biz, which documents the poor job Ubisoft is currently doing in dealing with the culture of harassment and sexual misconduct in their workplace. It's hard to ignore a publisher as big as Ubisoft when covering E3, but we can let them know through their social media channels and our buying habits that they can't sweep this issue under the rug. Thanks to Sarclaccfood for the prompt!

Ubisoft are usually one of the most reliable conferences during E3 and they have plenty to talk about this year. They've outright promised that we're going to get a few surprise announcements (Splinter Cell... pleeeeease be Splinter Cell) but aside from new announcements, they should have plenty to share.

For starters we're bound to see something from Massive Entertainment's delayed Avatar game as well as Skull & Bones which seems to be perpetually delayed at this point. To add to that, you'd hope Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be ready for its first proper showcase too.

One of Ubisoft's confirmed, tentpole 2021 releases is Riders Republic, a mass multiplayer game, which lets players loose on a series of extreme sports, so expect time to be set aside for a closer look at that one with a live demo being likely. Similarly, Far Cry 6 is going to be an important 2021 title for Ubisoft, so expect to see fresh gameplay from that, along with a showcase of what fresh ideas the game is bringing to the series.

Ubisoft are one of the better publishers at supporting their legacy / live titles, so part of the conference will almost certainly be set aside to look at what DLC / updates are coming to Watch Dogs: Legion, For Honor, The Crew 2Brawlhalla, Assassins Creed Valhalla and The Division 2.

Aside from all that, it would be nice to see what improvements they've made to the hastily pulled Prince Of Persia remake and if they're extensively reworking it or if they're just polishing up some of the assets. Ubisoft also have a toe or two dipped in TV and Movies, with their Apple TV series, Mythic Quest and their forthcoming film, Werewolves Within, though given who'll be tuning in to watch their conference, I hope this segment is kept mercifully short!

So that's good old dependable Ubisoft and I honestly have no idea what the surprises they could have up their sleeve. A new IP would be nice, but the return of Sam Fisher would sure be welcome.

11 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Good old dependable Ubisoft keeping everyone involved in abuse allegations employed over a year later. 

Fair point. Serious question, do you think I should delete this thread or add some link / reference to the issue at the top of it?

2 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

Fair point. Serious question, do you think I should delete this thread or add some link / reference to the issue at the top of it?

Yeah I think making reference and linking to it is a good shout. They’re one of the biggest players in the industry so we probably can’t ignore them (as much as I’d like to) but they shouldn’t be allowed to sweep this shit under the carpet. 

And hey thanks for asking, I know you’re working hard on these threads and really appreciate the effort you put in. 

14 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah I think making reference and linking to it is a good shout. They’re one of the biggest players in the industry so we probably can’t ignore them (as much as I’d like to) but they shouldn’t be allowed to sweep this shit under the carpet. 

And hey thanks for asking, I know you’re working hard on these threads and really appreciate the effort you put in. 

I appreciate that bud. I've added a "disclaimer" to the top of the text with a link to the Game Biz article for people to read. As you say, it would be hard to ignore them completely during E3 but we can leverage their raised profile during this time, to push them to take the issue more seriously.

1 hour ago, Robo_1 said:

rllmukE3.thumb.jpg.f6eede35134d57160f239c797de19536.jpg

Yo, could I please steal this banner for the Capcom thread?

Also, apologies if I was stepping on toes by making that thread. I wasn’t sure if you were going to be doing the usual S-tier Robo_1 E3 content again this year or not :hat: 

Just now, Calashnikov said:

Yo, could I please steal this banner for the Capcom thread?

Oh by all means, yeah steal away.

Just now, Calashnikov said:

Also, apologies if I was stepping on toes by making that thread. I wasn’t sure if you were going to be doing the usual S-tier Robo_1 E3 content again this year or not :hat: 

Nah don't worry about it, like I said, I think the threads are generally better when they come from across the community. Also you're being very generous with your comments there my friend, but I appreciate it. :) I left it all a little too late this year, I should have put a general thread out asking who wanted to do what a week or two ago and we all would have known who was creating which thread, I'll keep it in mind for next year.

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Don't expect Prince of Persia. 

Oh, and fuck Ubisoft and their deplorable management. 

Shit they really have binned the lot and started again haven’t they?

Which on the one hand is good given how dire what they showed looked late last year, but in the other hand I really wanted to play a remade PoP on the near future (actually strike that any new PoP would do, I actually really fancied the look of that leaked concept which was all Uncharted).

17 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Shit they really have binned the lot and started again haven’t they?

Which on the one hand is good given how dire what they showed looked late last year, but in the other hand I really wanted to play a remade PoP on the near future (actually strike that any new PoP would do, I actually really fancied the look of that leaked concept which was all Uncharted).

Modders have been polishing up the 2010 PoP Forgotten Sands recently.. (though you can see it didn't even need that to outshine what was shown of the remake..)

18 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

And now they’ve dropped their diversity targets? 

https://www.axios.com/ubisoft-bonust-targets-pivot-ab2f4a5a-224a-4b62-8dae-70bee0d54e1f.html

Seriously fuck these guys. 

Ubi seems to jump onboard any bandwagon that gives it good press in the very near future.

Division 2 too political? No shouts Ubisoft, it is not political at all! Being a-political sells right now so we're definitely not political. Please ignore the entire narrative of the game as well as the location it takes place in.

Far Cry 6? Now that is political because that is what people are into nowadays. Politics sell, so we're definitely political. And of course diverse, we're so diverse.

More diversity? No need for that now, people lost interest. Of course we use the rainbow flag on our social media channels. But yeah, we'll look at hiring more women in 2023 if nothing more important pops up. In the mean time, please understand we're still investigating the sexual misconduct allegations. Honest.