IGNORED

E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE

Boozy The Clown

As I said flight sim looks great from a visual standpoint but for most gamers they’ll put about an hour in - fly over their house and get bored as it’s an in depth sim for flight sim fans. 
 As for being a Sony fanboy - would be difficult as I don’t own a PS5, do own a series X and don’t bother with the whole fanboy bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Mortis said:

As I said flight sim looks great from a visual standpoint but for most gamers they’ll put about an hour in - fly over their house and get bored as it’s an in depth sim for flight sim fans. 
 As for being a Sony fanboy - would be difficult as I don’t own a PS5, do own a series X and don’t bother with the whole fanboy bullshit. 

Well like you said about R&C, Flight Sim also has a long history as a series, longer in fact. And if all you’re talking is graphics then what difference does it make? 

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s fine if you want to play middle of the road games with nice graphics, funny seeing all these new R&C fans come out of the woodwork just because of the impressive visuals. 

69D4D3D6-73BC-4C5A-A1D3-A43D933B4F49.jpeg.daa108a53d35e21a7a21b18753f46401.jpeg

The definition of middle road sure has shifted. 

They were upfront about no Series-only games for 2 years. They've bought all these studios. They've already broken the 2 year thing because Flight Sim drops soon.

I honestly don't understand this conversation.

Edit - full disclosure, I'm a tedious bore who is itching to play FS. The Wales game is over its back to 4k frame boost and stuff while I await tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Well having a fun game attached to it would be nice - Christ it’s like arguing with my kid in here. 

To me it is fun, anyway I’m out of here until positive attitudes resume. 

(ahem)

I say, fellow Xbox enthusiasts, is there an update to Blinx the Timesweeper* in the works, and does it look as good as R&C on the PS5?

* substitute with your favourite og Xbox 3D platformer of choice. Hey, what was that one with the zombies that wasn’t Stubbs the Zombie? It was a bit like a cross between fable and Luigi’s mansion.

I see this a lot.

A:"Xbox has no games".

B:"Here are some games". 

A: "No, not those ones, they don't count for arbitrary reasons".

I mean unless the only proper games are third person action adventures with emotional cutscenes and a sad middle aged guy, in which case, aye they've not had one in a while but I'm very happy with what's coming up.

Flight sims are too niche, and driving games are 10 a penny, and no one wants moar shooty man games.

which means multi platform Ubisoft icon-a-thons are the best games ever. But they’re also hampered by being multi platform.

what does that leave? Remakes.

don’t argue with the science. 

45 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

69D4D3D6-73BC-4C5A-A1D3-A43D933B4F49.jpeg.daa108a53d35e21a7a21b18753f46401.jpeg

The definition of middle road sure has shifted. 

EDGE 7

edit : you just posted a giant graphic for the competition in the Xbox thread. Yes you may have made your point and won the arguement but come on to fuck man...... I've been banned for lesser evils.

It doesn’t get mentioned much but I think we’re going to see gameplay of Hellblade. I was quite surprised they didn’t have anything last time but timeframe wise I imagine it will be their next big game after Halo? Should certainly be a bit of a graphical showcase too. 

Really enjoyed hellblade when it hit gamepass so would be happy to see how that’s coming along - an announcement that it was dropping this year would be ace. Interested to see how they’ve expanded the game with a bigger budget than the original. 

Flight Sim isn’t something I’m massively arsed about, but I’ll definitely give it a go. I just want some proper next gen games now.

I’m like a broken record with this, but they’ve had enough time to keep talking up about what’s coming. Time to deliver. Tomorrow better deliver.

Hellbalde is unlikely as Mo Cap is one of the most impacted parts of game development as a result of Covid. I think we're going to get a couple of games that release soonish and a lot of announcement type deals where we don't see much but the titles and devs involved will be enough to get excited about. I'm expecting some crazy crossover news between IPs and devs where we get dream combinations of developers working on IPs that previously would be unexpected but in hindsight makes a lot of sense.

small print - I know nothing and all my estimates are based on no evidence.

10 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Uncle Phil had to make the hardware, the services, the llink to PC and the use of cloud before he got the money to make the games. the big bald yin gave him the blank chequebook yesterday. I think going forward Bethesda is going to be one of the lesser acquisitions.

so you’re saying that microsoft are going to buy SEGA after all?

11 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Hellbalde is unlikely as Mo Cap is one of the most impacted parts of game development as a result of Covid. I think we're going to get a couple of games that release soonish and a lot of announcement type deals where we don't see much but the titles and devs involved will be enough to get excited about. I'm expecting some crazy crossover news between IPs and devs where we get dream combinations of developers working on IPs that previously would be unexpected but in hindsight makes a lot of sense.

small print - I know nothing and all my estimates are based on no evidence.

InExile Entertainment, making Master Chief’s Crazy Forza Taxi?