Jump to content

How goes your search for PS5 stock?


SeanR
 Share

Do you have a ps5? A poll  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I want one. Can’t justify one whilst I’m working and doing an MSc. Owning one would be a disaster right now! I almost failed my undergraduate degree when they released Vice City in my third year way back when. Even so, I’m not sure I could be arsed with this stock chasing. Might eat my words if a new Switch gets announced though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remain at 0 current-gen consoles currently (I still count the Switch as current-gen, while simultaneously acknowledging that generations are dumb), and I'm not in a hurry for any of them. The PS5 does look very nice, but I don't see anything that tips the balance in its favour when I'm trying to pick my next machine. FFVIIR Intergrade could be decent, but I probably wouldn't buy the console on the strength of that alone.

 

Hopefully E3 does more to tempt those sitting on the fence - but even then I still have PC and last-gen stuff that I'm more interested in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Should have the option for 'did want one but don't care anymore'

This is me. I would have gotten one in the launch frenzy but now that’s abated I don’t really care. Still want to play demon souls but it’s not going anywhere. 
 

I do have a kind of nice PC though so that sates any next gen cravings I have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got really lucky. Wasn't too bothered due to having an Xbox, but clicked the stock thread and lucked into new Amazon stock. Have barely touched my Xbox since due to Returnal and the PS+ collection games that are 60fps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got one some time ago.

 

I'm ashamed to say while it was two weeks before I managed to take it out of the box.....I've still not found the time to set it up -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping stock becomes more available when Horizon comes out.

 

I know its also coming to PS4 (apparently) but Id like to play it on a console that won't sound like it's about to explode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I'm hoping stock becomes more available when Horizon comes out.

 

I know its also coming to PS4 (apparently) but Id like to play it on a console that won't sound like it's about to explode.

It’ll be ok by March 2022.

my New Years prediction of “not commonly available by May 2021” seems spot on, though most people I know who’ve wanted to buy one and who haven’t cared where from have got one now. It’s still not as bad as PC graphics cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had two. 

 

First one was sold to a friend who was desperate plus I really couldn't afford it at the time, I wasn't using the thing after Spiderman and wasn't a fan of the pad noise or UI. 

 

Got a second because I had to justify having an expensive sim racing setup that my other half complains about. I was lucky with a stock alert and had sold some shit so fuck it . Use it maybe once a month so I'm getting some use out my sim racing setup. Only reason I have kept it is to justify having the wheel and chair. 

 

Having Gamepass for 3 years and Microsoft rewards mean that I feel I have wasted money on it, all my gaming time is on SX. Its ugly ass just sits there, overpowering the room. 

 

It will come good eventually but the recent announcement that the big games are coming to PS4 as well just makes me regret selling my PS4 and not waiting a couple of years for a PS5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

I can afford one. I can remove the PS4 Pro from under the TV. There's a spare HDMI in the CX ready.

 

But nope not yet I need a redesign. It's just so fugly.  First time a consoles aesthetic is putting me off EVER. 

 

Pretty much this. I'm in no rush to get one and I'm sure I will once a black version or a restyle comes out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Want one once there's something I really want to play on it (Horizon) - and a redesign so the disc version isn't so vast & misshapen would be nice

 

As it is I have a huge pile of shame to get through on my old council PS4, so hopefully by the time I actually want to buy a PS5 there will be some stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ry said:

I have had two. 

 

First one was sold to a friend who was desperate plus I really couldn't afford it at the time, I wasn't using the thing after Spiderman and wasn't a fan of the pad noise or UI. 

 

Got a second because I had to justify having an expensive sim racing setup that my other half complains about. I was lucky with a stock alert and had sold some shit so fuck it . Use it maybe once a month so I'm getting some use out my sim racing setup. Only reason I have kept it is to justify having the wheel and chair. 

 

Having Gamepass for 3 years and Microsoft rewards mean that I feel I have wasted money on it, all my gaming time is on SX. Its ugly ass just sits there, overpowering the room. 

 

Here's a thought - the next time your bladder is bursting, let loose on it (and the rig setup) out of resentment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

I want one. Can’t justify one whilst I’m working and doing an MSc. 

I know exactly what you mean I preempted this situation as I start an MSc in September! So have a few months gaming before my schedule gets a bit busier. 

 

Not that I don't think I'll have an issue as I think I'm quite good these days at timeboxing things.... Not like when I was much younger as an undergraduate.... :)

 

We'll see though.... :) It might end up being in a box during assignment time! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Want one. Try to get one. Totally not bothered when it inevitably turns out I was too late.

 

I'll get one eventually, but there's simply no need right now. Pretty sure that PS+ will tip the balance after a few months of giving me an actual library, but by then I'm hoping to be able to walk in to Argos and pick one up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, cassidy said:

I can afford one. I can remove the PS4 Pro from under the TV. There's a spare HDMI in the CX ready.

 

But nope not yet I need a redesign. It's just so fugly.  First time a consoles aesthetic is putting me off EVER. 

 

This, plus there's nothing really compelling enough for me to want to spend £450 on the console and £70 for each game. I was the same about the PS4 and didn't buy one until Sony removed the piano black panel on the original model. I can wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm the annoying fourth option you didn't put because why would you be as frustratingly different as me?

 

No, and I do not want one at this moment in time simply because of the difficulty in finding stock or bundles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tnman said:

I'm the annoying fourth option you didn't put because why would you be as frustratingly different as me?

 

No, and I do not want one at this moment in time simply because of the difficulty in finding stock or bundles.

 

I think this was actually the point of the poll, to see if the stock shortages have eased. But it's kind of become a console styled version of https://www.theonion.com/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-televisi-1819565469

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes - I turned 50 last month and my wife wanted to get me a "decent" present.  SO I said a new Xbox Series X and a PS5.  Then the poor lady spent months trying to get either  and failed to get anything in time for the actual day, but a few weeks later we bagged a PS5 from Amazon and then a Series X as a pay and collect from Argos.

 

I typically used to get new consoles from the start, but in the last round I haven't done so much.  I think I got the Xbox One and PS4 about midway through their cycle.  PS4 for Xmas 2016, Xbox One for Xmas 2017, but only just got the Switch for this Xmas just gone (which is a reason I've barely touched the two consoles - I just got Breath of the Wild on Switch)

 

But it feels cool to have them early on.  I've been playing for the last 10 years using a grungy 720p LCD screen with some dodgy pixels, so I have a new gaming monitor now and everything is shiny new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SozzlyJoe said:

 

I think this was actually the point of the poll, to see if the stock shortages have eased.

 

The day I can go onto Amazon/GAME/Curry's and they're all in-stock with a copy of Spider-Man is the day the shortages have eased.

 

We're a ways off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tnman said:

 

The day I can go onto Amazon/GAME/Curry's and they're all in-stock with a copy of Spider-Man is the day the shortages have eased.

 

We're a ways off.

 

For sure. But there is a feeling in the PS5 stock thread that everyone who really wants one, has managed to get one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for the PS5 slim, I skipped the PS4 so there is a back catalog of games I'd like to play but not when the thing is that size.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much what @Lovelyman said above. Was keen to get one around launch, but resigned myself to getting one once the launch fuss had passed in the new year. When it was still an issue getting one in March, I decided to wait as I really can’t be bothered with online queuing or pouncing as soon as there’s a notification. I’ll get one when I can walk into a shop and buy one.

 

I was lucky enough to get a Series X and that was a complete fluke. Just happened to check Argos one morning back in February and they had stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Should have the option for 'did want one but don't care anymore'

 

Same same.  

 

I snagged a Series X* instead which, alongside my PC and Switch, mean I am not going to bother now.  I might in a year or so to hoover up the exclusives, but I am now past caring.  

 

*which I bloody love, by the way.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn’t going to bother as I have a decent pc but the chat about returnal and demons souls got to me.  Paid a scalper who literally lived round the corner for one (went from deciding to get one to power up in less than an hour).  Paid £100 over rrp for it like but can live with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.