Nintendo Switch OLED - you've pre-ordered one but do you really want it ?

Gotters

1 hour ago, Dukesy said:

Seems to be more stock of this around this morning. Pre-orders back open from Game and others.

Yeah, I’m sure they’ll be drip feeding the stock allocations to give the illusion of scarcity.

3 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

PSA: Argos take money up front. 

Yeah, just had a query with them about that. Pretty bad.

Amazon UK stock still not up yet as far as I can tell.

5 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

PSA: Argos take money up front. 

Yes good point, I should have mentioned that.  I'm in anyway, and was using Argos vouchers to purchase so have already paid for the vouchers regardless.

Also, I'd imagine they aren't as easy to cancel as Amazon etc. perhaps in part due to the payment up front.

1 hour ago, Corranga said:

Yes good point, I should have mentioned that.  I'm in anyway, and was using Argos vouchers to purchase so have already paid for the vouchers regardless.

Also, I'd imagine they aren't as easy to cancel as Amazon etc. perhaps in part due to the payment up front.

Rather surprisingly, Argos preorders aren’t that hard to cancel. They’re a bit more long winded than Amazon (obviously), but all you need to do is select the chat option on the website, give them your order number and details etc, and the order will be cancelled and your money refunded.

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - the stand is better.

Wonder if any UK preorders are going to go live at the same time (8pm I think).

I have one preordered at GAME but waiting for Amazon to go live for free delivery (i say free but I mean prime).

Also hoping for a possible Metroid bundle somewhere.

Just now, kempstar said:

Working now, ordered. Thanks for the quick heads up!

No worries - I have pre ordered a white one even though I most certainly dont need one.  Assume Amazon take the money when it is delivered?

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

No worries - I have pre ordered a white one even though I most certainly dont need one.  Assume Amazon take the money when it is delivered?

Yep I totally dont need one either. But love the white! Yes Amazon charge on dispatch.

8 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

White one has seemingly gone, I’ve gone for the Neon just so I’ve got one ordered, I’m assuming you can use the old Joycons anyway? 

Of course.

2 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Yip, I decided not to order from Amazon due to this.

I didn't order from Amazon because I actually want one.

3 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Yip, I decided not to order from Amazon due to this.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't just a placeholder date and closer to the time it'll change to be sent out for release day. Could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

I'd be surprised if this wasn't just a placeholder date and closer to the time it'll change to be sent out for release day. Could be wrong though.

The same thing happened last year with a couple or so PS5 preorder accessories (headset) where the date they gave was a few days after the launch date.

I did query this with Amazon and they did assure me that the expected date would change, which it did and all my PS5 related stuff arrived on launch date.

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - you've pre-ordered one but do you really want it ?