Nintendo Switch OLED - you've pre-ordered one but do you really want it ?

Gotters

28 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Imagine the ergonomics of Joy Cons Mini, sideways for Mario Kart.

Apparently the Switch Pro is exactly the same hardware as existing Switch, except the Joycons are replaced with two halves of the Pro controller.

22 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Apparently the Switch Pro is exactly the same hardware as existing Switch, except the Joycons are replaced with two halves of the Pro controller.

That would actually be worth buying.

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

Yeah, but it seems that is New York time (where the presentation is being held) so a bloody inconvenient 2am for us mere mortals on BST. 

Still, I'm hyped so I've set my alarm. Hope it is worth it!

I'll ask my contacts to move it.

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

I'll ask my contacts to move it.

To last week please. I didn't enjoy my sleepless nights due to anticipation over the past few days. 

Switch Lite down to £165 on Amazon today which (as per the regular Switch that was discounted yesterday) is the lowest it's ever been. Considering it was Amazon that last week put the Switch pro up on their site briefly I do wonder (and yes part of it's wishful thinking, I'd love a smoother / higher res BOTW) if it does mean they're lowering their stocks due to a new one coming out? 🤞     

10 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Switch Lite down to £165 on Amazon today which (as per the regular Switch that was discounted yesterday) is the lowest it's ever been. Considering it was Amazon that last week put the Switch pro up on their site briefly I do wonder (and yes part of it's wishful thinking, I'd love a smoother / higher res BOTW) if it does mean they're lowering their stocks due to a new one coming out? 🤞     

Perhaps, although GBP has been steadily gaining against Dollar/Yen this year so all things being equal this can result in things becoming a few quid cheaper. 

Would really need to see if the price is also coming down in other territories. 

Both systems get cheap on Amazon, yet there’s no revised Switch Lite on the way. Hmm. A Switch Lite price cut alongside a new base Switch would certainly be a pleasant surprise. Alternatively this could mean that neither drop has any significance whatsoever.

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

Perhaps, although GBP has been steadily gaining against Dollar/Yen this year so all things being equal this can result in things becoming a few quid cheaper. 

Would really need to see if the price is also coming down in other territories. 

Fwiw I see no movement on the euro price.

Oh noes

54 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fwiw I see no movement on the euro price.

Oh noes

Switch Pro is UK exclusive confirmed.

6 hours ago, Qazimod said:

My ouijaboard recently confirmed Autumn 202x.

Mine just kept saying Yes to everything I asked it. So we're definitely hearing about it tonight!

8 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Todays switch firmware has been pulled by the way. There's a fault occuring when people try and download things.

Must be because the firmware thinks they have a switch pro. 

1 hour ago, pulsemyne said:

Todays switch firmware has been pulled by the way. There's a fault occuring when people try and download things.

I've had that since yesterday :(

1 hour ago, pulsemyne said:

That was the general internet outage today, was it not?

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - you've pre-ordered one but do you really want it ?