IGNORED

Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Anybody else's backplate a bit creaky at times? I imagine it's common as its got more flex than the original. 

No it doesn't creak and also the new OLED Switch has less flex than the original due the the stronger back material. 

This is what I'm finding with my two anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Sane said:

Does anyone know if the Hori Split Pad Pro works with the oled model? I would assume so but just checking to be sure.

I have not got oled but it was confirmed earlier in this megathread it does and fits in the Dock too. 

12 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

OLED dispatched and coming tomorrow 2 days early 😍

Amazon reckon they’re going to send me a password I need to read out to the delivery driver tomorrow, has anyone had that before!?

Yeah, just the once, think it was for a big  (12TB) HDD iirr. 

24 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Amazon reckon they’re going to send me a password I need to read out to the delivery driver tomorrow, has anyone had that before!?

Yeah. With my PS5. Amazon are pretty crap about it though. My password arrived just as the doorbell rang

2 hours ago, CovisGod said:

I had it when my Series S was delivered today. They emailed me the code when the parcel out for delivery and which was a couple of hours before the start of the delivery window because my location is the last on their route, I read it out the guy who was delivering it and he typed it into his handheld scanner before he gave me the parcel. 

Wow. I’ve just come off of it after a solid couple of hours. Real life and regular TV look like crap in comparison for a good ten minutes afterwards. It’s like a psilocybe microdose has come to an abrupt and unfair end. There’s no way I’m not playing exclusively in handheld/tabletop mode from now on, at least not until we upgrade the TV next year.

Also, make sure you all don’t forget to update your controllers. My Pro Controller needed an update as well.

The grip I got from Amazon arrived today but it's going straight back: cheap, 3D-printed plastic that bends and buckles in my hands and doesn't fit the chassis of the Switch properly. Plus, most heinous of all, it still gives me pins and needles after a while - the handles on it aren't substantial enough. This one.

I'm just going to go back to using my Hori Split Pad, I think, but it annoys me that I've spent over £300 on a console which I can't hold in its default state without it cramping up my hands after 15 minutes. Those nice white Joy-Cons are just going to get shoved in a drawer now and I'll have the fugly, vibration-less Split Pad connected to it forever more instead. 

This and the BT audio problems I've been experiencing have taken the shine off a little bit, to be honest. I'm thinking things would be easier if I just went back to playing it docked most of the time with the Pro Controller (on my OLED TV, no less), like I was with the original console, but then, what would have been the point of buying it in the first place? More annoyingly still, I suspected when I pre-ordered it that this would be the case. Hmm.