Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

12 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

You don’t know what courier Nintendo UK use do you? Got a funny feeling it’s UPS. 

It doesn’t say but I think it was Royal Mail last time I used them. 

Good review! 

Also goes to show that yes, more fps and pixel res is not the be all end all. Sometimes a different approach to an upgrade can result in something special. 
The comparison to the original Switch is quite a contrast!

10 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Good review! 

Also goes to show that yes, more fps and pixel res is not the be all end all. Sometimes a different approach to an upgrade can result in something special. 
The comparison to the original Switch is quite a contrast!

100% this. I upgraded my TV while I had my PS4 and it was a much bigger upgrade than the PS Pro was.

Has anyone ordered direct from Nintendo? It was really weird when I was making my order, saying my security code was wrong when it wasn’t, then it kind of completed and saved and all was good. But when I go on my order the card number is just zeros, and when I try to add a new card to my account it fails.

4 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Has anyone ordered direct from Nintendo? It was really weird when I was making my order, saying my security code was wrong when it wasn’t, then it kind of completed and saved and all was good. But when I go on my order the card number is just zeros, and when I try to add a new card to my account it fails.

I ordered from them last week and completed payment at the checkout without any issues, is it pending on your bank account? 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I ordered from them last week and completed payment at the checkout without any issues, is it pending on your bank account? 

Urgh, can’t see anything, no. There was an active card check on the date I ordered though? Has your money been taken?

I mean, it might be fine, it did complete in the end, but you’d think they’d have taken the cash by now.

2 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Urgh, can’t see anything, no. There was an active card check on the date I ordered though? Has your money been taken?

I mean, it might be fine, it did complete in the end, but you’d think they’d have taken the cash by now.

You might want to look into that then - Nintendo took my money as soon as I ordered it (a week ago).

20 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Yeah they took payment straight away for the full amount and the order says “processing” . When did you order it? 

Should look like this:-

C234F9C5-2869-4686-A5B7-577B852AEA68.thumb.jpeg.6ba07b538451805168f1358c918e2117.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bear said:

Cancelled my order with Smyths. I'm sure it's lovely but it'd be a waste of money considering how I use my current Switch. 

Cancelled mine a few weeks ago but getting tempted in to ordering again due to a change of circumstances (and the HYPE obviously) - surprising that they seem to be readily available for release.

9 minutes ago, Crhis said:

surprising that they seem to be readily available for release.

I'm having trouble finding any over here. I desperately want one for Metroid, too.

I'm in the Argos boat, one of the people who coughed up the chunk of cash back when it was announced! 
"Your delivery is booked and we've started preparing your order"!

...after the transfer bullshit from my old Switch it'll be onwards with my Skyward Sword playthrough and waiting on the Metroid Dread delivery from Curry's!

I know right? 

16 hours ago, Zio said:

You might want to look into that then - Nintendo took my money as soon as I ordered it (a week ago).

16 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah they took payment straight away for the full amount and the order says “processing” . When did you order it? 

Should look like this:-

C234F9C5-2869-4686-A5B7-577B852AEA68.thumb.jpeg.6ba07b538451805168f1358c918e2117.jpeg

Ta guys! Called them and sorted it.

Although I will stress, it was without any real assistance from them whatsoever, and they are utterly fucking useless.

Essentially, the order was somehow created without saving my card details, and they tried to take payment on the 4th, couldn’t, but didn’t inform me in any way. On the first call I made they told me to talk to my bank for some reason (wut?). Anyway, they can’t add new card details to an order, so you’re fucked if you don’t want to lose your place in the queue, and they can’t re-activate a discount code you’ve used, so you’re fucked if you used one of those too.

So basically I had to cancel and re-order, and thankfully I was able to get another Student Beans code.

26 minutes ago, Paulando said:

So basically I had to cancel and re-order, and thankfully I was able to get another Student Beans code.

I think my arm has been twisted - if anyone has a spare Student Beans code it would be appreciated.

All sorted - thanks!

All the reviews are very promising. I might just play it exclusively handheld from now on. Roll on Friday!

Has anyone else ordered from Very? It's still saying my delivery date is the 8th, but they haven't taken any money yet...

3 hours ago, Fallows said:

Any good Telegram stock trackers? Preferably covering the EU?

My local game were taking pre-orders for Friday, might be worth giving them a shot. £20 preorder fee to guarantee one for launch though.

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen